Used 1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Cutlass Ciera model:

Rust and TPS problems
By Ron

1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera S 4dr Sedan

Doors and fenders have rust problem (frequent touchup needed) and it needed a TPS (throttle position sensor), which was hard to diagnose. Mechanics thought it was fuel system problem for a long time. Otherwise, it's been a good car. Repairs so far: TPS, alternator, exhaust system, brakes. Not bad for 136,000 miles.

Favorite Features

Responsive engine and transmission, good fuel economy (20 mpg city, 28 hwy). Comfortable to drive. Low insurance rates.

Suggested Improvements

Better rust protection.

160K+ and chugging right along
By Oddball

1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera S 4dr Sedan

Purchased at 99K, have over 160k now. Previous owner had factory remanufactured tranny put in at some point. Whoever did the work misadjusted the TV cable and it now shows in how the tranny shifts. Might need a new trans because of it, but it hasn't died yet. A bit of a grandma car, but it has been reliable. Alternator at ~120K easy to replace, and the rotors will slowly warp, contributing to the rattly dash. Accessories all function well no issues. Typical 24 mpg Seattle commuting, 28-30 highway.

Favorite Features

V6 power, great in snow, a tank with chains on. Fairly easy to work on except for items on back row of cylinders. Have a hitch and use a 4x8 utility trailer like a pickup truck. Grandma car repels cops and thieves.

My Favorite So Far
By mnfreebird21

1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera S 4dr Sedan

I got this car when it had 121,000 miles on it and the only thing that has gone wrong with it is the electrical system. Overall it's been a great car to start out in. I love the 3300 V6 engine. If anyone is looking for a first car, or if parents are looking for a first car for their kids I would highly recommend this one.

Favorite Features

The V6 engine and how it's quiet and powerful.

All around, good solid vehicle
By J

1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car because I wanted a good driving, good performing sedan. That's what I bought ten years ago and that's what I still have. I have driven this car countless times on long rode trips exceeding 600 miles, driven with six people in the car comfortably, and even loaded it up a few times to go to some good camp sites. It still blows out cold air from the AC, and can still pick up the speed when needed. The only problems I have had with the car have been minor electrical ones. The driver window will get stuck if rolled down all the way, headlight switch became loose once and could not operate the headlights, and the alternator has needed to be replaced twice.

Favorite Features

The 3.3 litre V6 can still be the fastest car in the carpool lane. It has power windows, seats, and locks, which is still an option on many cars of today. Also, it has plenty of leg room and hip room for four people and a very large trunk.

Suggested Improvements

The dashboard shakes at over 70 mph. It can be a rough ride at times. Many things are beginning to need to be replaced. All that said though, what do you expect from a 13 year old car with 133,000 miles?

What A Steal
By Nyfreeze

1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera S 4dr Sedan

My Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera rar runs and looks brand new. I have 4 kids and we all fit comfortablly. It runs and performs well above its years. If I was told a car 13 years old ran as good as new I would say they were lying but for this 1993 it cant be more true. It rides smoothly and quietly. It just goes and goes with very little maintance. This car will be in my family for many years to come.

Favorite Features

I like the fact that it has 3.3 6cyl, auto, power locks, power seats, seats 6, cruise, and rust control system.

Suggested Improvements

Good solid car no improvements needed.