1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cutlass Ciera model:
Rust and TPS problems
By Ron on 02/19/09 07:02 AM (PST)

1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera S 4dr Sedan

Doors and fenders have rust problem (frequent touchup needed) and it needed a TPS (throttle position sensor), which was hard to diagnose. Mechanics thought it was fuel system problem for a long time. Otherwise, it's been a good car. Repairs so far: TPS, alternator, exhaust system, brakes. Not bad for 136,000 miles.

160K+ and chugging right along
By Oddball on 01/31/09 21:14 PM (PST)

1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera S 4dr Sedan

Purchased at 99K, have over 160k now. Previous owner had factory remanufactured tranny put in at some point. Whoever did the work misadjusted the TV cable and it now shows in how the tranny shifts. Might need a new trans because of it, but it hasn't died yet. A bit of a grandma car, but it has been reliable. Alternator at ~120K easy to replace, and the rotors will slowly warp, contributing to the rattly dash. Accessories all function well no issues. Typical 24 mpg Seattle commuting, 28-30 highway.

My Favorite So Far
By mnfreebird21 on 12/20/06 09:54 AM (PST)

1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera S 4dr Sedan

I got this car when it had 121,000 miles on it and the only thing that has gone wrong with it is the electrical system. Overall it's been a great car to start out in. I love the 3300 V6 engine. If anyone is looking for a first car, or if parents are looking for a first car for their kids I would highly recommend this one.

All around, good solid vehicle
By J on 06/05/06 04:26 AM (PDT)

1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car because I wanted a good driving, good performing sedan. That's what I bought ten years ago and that's what I still have. I have driven this car countless times on long rode trips exceeding 600 miles, driven with six people in the car comfortably, and even loaded it up a few times to go to some good camp sites. It still blows out cold air from the AC, and can still pick up the speed when needed. The only problems I have had with the car have been minor electrical ones. The driver window will get stuck if rolled down all the way, headlight switch became loose once and could not operate the headlights, and the alternator has needed to be replaced twice.

What A Steal
By Nyfreeze on 03/13/06 18:34 PM (PST)

1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera S 4dr Sedan

My Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera rar runs and looks brand new. I have 4 kids and we all fit comfortablly. It runs and performs well above its years. If I was told a car 13 years old ran as good as new I would say they were lying but for this 1993 it cant be more true. It rides smoothly and quietly. It just goes and goes with very little maintance. This car will be in my family for many years to come.

Has been a great car...
By Mack on 07/19/05 16:57 PM (PDT)

1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL 4dr Sedan

Other than (1) a right front brake early wear-out at 12,000 miles and (2) an AC leak (which my son fixed after the dealer failed to find it on three tries) my 1993 Olds Cutlass Ciera SL has been a great car for 12 years and 60,000 miles...and still is. A run through the car wash makes it look like new again as there is no signs of rust out so I fully expect to put at least another 60,000 miles on it.

reliable car
By p_s_xpress on 06/13/05 16:07 PM (PDT)

1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera S 4dr Sedan

I bought my Oldsmobile Cutlass with 110,000 miles on the odometer, had a few major items replaced (alternator, harmonic balancer) but for the most part has been a good car for my needs.

My 93 Olds Covered Wagon
By John Peterson on 02/10/05 12:07 PM (PST)

1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera S Cruiser 4dr Wagon

Was reluctant to buy from private party with 144,000 miles on it, however, this wagon was one owner, like new condition including upholstery, mats and exterior body and paint, garage kept, owner had all service records showing reg. oil changes every 3,000 miles and driven by a female shool teacher whose husband was an auto enthusiast. Asking price 8/2004 was $2,500, but I offered and paid $2,000. I drove it on a 3000 mile trip on mostly Interstate highways with only gasoline expense at an average of 25 mpg, with cruise control set around 75 mph. Oil and fluid levels were all full to start, and remained nearly full at the end of the trip, showed no leaks. Quick response accelerator & brakes.

Excellent Machine
By Drivin Fool on 09/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera S 4dr Sedan

Bought it for dependability & economy, exceeded expectations.

Boring but so solid!
By attycolter on 04/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera S 4dr Sedan

This full size front wheel drive car that seats six is perfect for my large family and driving in snow. Handling is very sluggish and sloppy, but the engine is tremendous. Great power with remarkable economy. Nothing ever goes wrong with this car. I am dying for something more fun or more interesting, but this car just keeps running so well I can't get rid of it!