Used 1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Cutlass Ciera model:

suggestions?
By defunctwarrior

1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera Sedan SL 4dr Sedan

i bought this car thinking it was a gem, some of my family members had the same vehicle and it lasted a long time. i found one with a little rust and only 75k and snatched it up for 2500. 2 months afterwards it started idling really rough, eventually sputtering and stalling. mechanics said it was a mass airflow sensor. i replaced it and it ran fine for 4 days, then the same issue came back. it sounds like the idle bounces, and it has a whine in it. usually i call it a "death rattle" but i know this car has a lot of life left in it. any suggestions on what to look for as a far as repairs?

Top Notch Basic Car* RELIABLE
By angelzfly

1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera Sedan SL 4dr Sedan

Bought the car for $1100.00 at 29K!!! Mint inside everything original. Power driver seat added a brand new CD Player. Needed a Rack & Pinion, oil pan, rear brakes & lines. My brother did the rack for $200.00 mechanics charge $1000.00+ parts! My brother also did the Brand new oil pan too for free. The car sat for a while before I got it. I found the original window sticker $14,995.00 and receits from 3 mo ago for belts wheel cylinders exaust and more over $2k in work+ new tires! Guess they diddnt want to finish the bigger jobs! my gain! I love the car and Im painting it soon! Has surface rust on doors and rear wells, also front wells but got brand new front fenders for $250 Love it!!!

Favorite Features

Everything great car all around! AC works!!! Power is strong in this engine for the type of car it is! 3.3 V6 AKA "The Baby 3800-V6" or "Baby 38" in my book. Awsome ride.

Suggested Improvements

The rear light display looks whack. Everything else is the way I like it, old and tough. Cars that last unlike a lot of new junk.

i need help
By Scholtzy

1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera Sedan S 4dr Sedan

I got this car with 58K miles on it & about 8 months ago, i started having problems w/ it. It started sputtering one day & stalled out, & since that day it has not been reliable. While i am driving, it will stall & sometimes it sputters too. I can throw it into neutral & start it back up with out even stopping. Sometimes it will do this the whole ride, & sometimes it will only do it once or twice. If i start it up & let it run for about 15 mins before i drive it, it won't stall at all. I've had up to date oil changes since i got it, it was in perfect condition when i got it. Since these problems, i had the spark plugs changed, had 2 mechanics look @ it and they don't see anything wrong.

Favorite Features

This was such a great first car, it got me 30 miles to and from college 4 times a week for a whole year and was great on gas, i really want to get it fixed...

Great First Car
By Bama251

1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera Sedan S 4dr Sedan

Awesome car, my dad got it for me as my first car and it's been running strong ever since. Only had 2 problems and that was one break line had to be replaced and one coil pack had to be replaced also. I've drove it from Ohio to Alabama straight through, 2 round trips, its never given me any problems whatsoever and it only cost me around $95 in gas money, 1 way. But overall its a very reliable little car, cranks up every time and runs great. The brakes feel a little soggy and it has normal wear and tear of a 17 year old car, but I couldn't have asked for a better first car.

Favorite Features

Electric seats, lots of interior room and plenty of leg room for those long trips, a pretty roomy trunk, rides extremely smooth and can really get going if you need to

Suggested Improvements

the seat belts being attached to the door can get annoying sometimes

First Car
By Jay Z

1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera Sedan S 4dr Sedan

Had the car for 4 years now and very happy with it. well worth the money, while rotating the tires i tore a lug bolt in half. also needed to replace the serpentine belt. the motors in the tape deck are shot, but other than that haven't had any problems. always starts up. I took it in for an oil change and the mechanics wowed over how clean the car was. I found a bird's nest under the hood after leaving it sit for a semester. Love this car.

Favorite Features

White wall tires, and bench seat :)

Suggested Improvements

manual transmission is all i could ever want.