Used 1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Cutlass Ciera model:

suggestions?
By defunctwarrior

1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL 4dr Sedan

i bought this car thinking it was a gem, some of my family members had the same vehicle and it lasted a long time. i found one with a little rust and only 75k and snatched it up for 2500. 2 months afterwards it started idling really rough, eventually sputtering and stalling. mechanics said it was a mass airflow sensor. i replaced it and it ran fine for 4 days, then the same issue came back. it sounds like the idle bounces, and it has a whine in it. usually i call it a "death rattle" but i know this car has a lot of life left in it. any suggestions on what to look for as a far as repairs?

Top Notch Basic Car* RELIABLE
By angelzfly

1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL 4dr Sedan

Bought the car for $1100.00 at 29K!!! Mint inside everything original. Power driver seat added a brand new CD Player. Needed a Rack & Pinion, oil pan, rear brakes & lines. My brother did the rack for $200.00 mechanics charge $1000.00+ parts! My brother also did the Brand new oil pan too for free. The car sat for a while before I got it. I found the original window sticker $14,995.00 and receits from 3 mo ago for belts wheel cylinders exaust and more over $2k in work+ new tires! Guess they diddnt want to finish the bigger jobs! my gain! I love the car and Im painting it soon! Has surface rust on doors and rear wells, also front wells but got brand new front fenders for $250 Love it!!!

Everything great car all around! AC works!!! Power is strong in this engine for the type of car it is! 3.3 V6 AKA "The Baby 3800-V6" or "Baby 38" in my book. Awsome ride.

The rear light display looks whack. Everything else is the way I like it, old and tough. Cars that last unlike a lot of new junk.

All around, good solid vehicle
By J

1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car because I wanted a good driving, good performing sedan. That's what I bought ten years ago and that's what I still have. I have driven this car countless times on long rode trips exceeding 600 miles, driven with six people in the car comfortably, and even loaded it up a few times to go to some good camp sites. It still blows out cold air from the AC, and can still pick up the speed when needed. The only problems I have had with the car have been minor electrical ones. The driver window will get stuck if rolled down all the way, headlight switch became loose once and could not operate the headlights, and the alternator has needed to be replaced twice.

The 3.3 litre V6 can still be the fastest car in the carpool lane. It has power windows, seats, and locks, which is still an option on many cars of today. Also, it has plenty of leg room and hip room for four people and a very large trunk.

The dashboard shakes at over 70 mph. It can be a rough ride at times. Many things are beginning to need to be replaced. All that said though, what do you expect from a 13 year old car with 133,000 miles?

Has been a great car...
By Mack

1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL 4dr Sedan

Other than (1) a right front brake early wear-out at 12,000 miles and (2) an AC leak (which my son fixed after the dealer failed to find it on three tries) my 1993 Olds Cutlass Ciera SL has been a great car for 12 years and 60,000 miles...and still is. A run through the car wash makes it look like new again as there is no signs of rust out so I fully expect to put at least another 60,000 miles on it.

I'm easy to please. I like the interval wipers and cruise control.

The power window console on the driver door needs moving or flattening so leaning a knee against it will be comfortable. The way it is now hurts my knee while driving.