1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cutlass Ciera model:
suggestions?
By defunctwarrior on 03/31/13 17:27 PM (PDT)

1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL 4dr Sedan

i bought this car thinking it was a gem, some of my family members had the same vehicle and it lasted a long time. i found one with a little rust and only 75k and snatched it up for 2500. 2 months afterwards it started idling really rough, eventually sputtering and stalling. mechanics said it was a mass airflow sensor. i replaced it and it ran fine for 4 days, then the same issue came back. it sounds like the idle bounces, and it has a whine in it. usually i call it a "death rattle" but i know this car has a lot of life left in it. any suggestions on what to look for as a far as repairs?

Top Notch Basic Car* RELIABLE
By angelzfly on 11/23/11 21:12 PM (PST)

1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL 4dr Sedan

Bought the car for $1100.00 at 29K!!! Mint inside everything original. Power driver seat added a brand new CD Player. Needed a Rack & Pinion, oil pan, rear brakes & lines. My brother did the rack for $200.00 mechanics charge $1000.00+ parts! My brother also did the Brand new oil pan too for free. The car sat for a while before I got it. I found the original window sticker $14,995.00 and receits from 3 mo ago for belts wheel cylinders exaust and more over $2k in work+ new tires! Guess they diddnt want to finish the bigger jobs! my gain! I love the car and Im painting it soon! Has surface rust on doors and rear wells, also front wells but got brand new front fenders for $250 Love it!!!

All around, good solid vehicle
By J on 06/05/06 04:26 AM (PDT)

1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car because I wanted a good driving, good performing sedan. That's what I bought ten years ago and that's what I still have. I have driven this car countless times on long rode trips exceeding 600 miles, driven with six people in the car comfortably, and even loaded it up a few times to go to some good camp sites. It still blows out cold air from the AC, and can still pick up the speed when needed. The only problems I have had with the car have been minor electrical ones. The driver window will get stuck if rolled down all the way, headlight switch became loose once and could not operate the headlights, and the alternator has needed to be replaced twice.

Has been a great car...
By Mack on 07/19/05 16:57 PM (PDT)

1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL 4dr Sedan

Other than (1) a right front brake early wear-out at 12,000 miles and (2) an AC leak (which my son fixed after the dealer failed to find it on three tries) my 1993 Olds Cutlass Ciera SL has been a great car for 12 years and 60,000 miles...and still is. A run through the car wash makes it look like new again as there is no signs of rust out so I fully expect to put at least another 60,000 miles on it.