1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cutlass Ciera model:
i need help
By Scholtzy on 12/02/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera S 4dr Sedan

I got this car with 58K miles on it & about 8 months ago, i started having problems w/ it. It started sputtering one day & stalled out, & since that day it has not been reliable. While i am driving, it will stall & sometimes it sputters too. I can throw it into neutral & start it back up with out even stopping. Sometimes it will do this the whole ride, & sometimes it will only do it once or twice. If i start it up & let it run for about 15 mins before i drive it, it won't stall at all. I've had up to date oil changes since i got it, it was in perfect condition when i got it. Since these problems, i had the spark plugs changed, had 2 mechanics look @ it and they don't see anything wrong.

Great First Car
By Bama251 on 11/03/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera S 4dr Sedan

Awesome car, my dad got it for me as my first car and it's been running strong ever since. Only had 2 problems and that was one break line had to be replaced and one coil pack had to be replaced also. I've drove it from Ohio to Alabama straight through, 2 round trips, its never given me any problems whatsoever and it only cost me around $95 in gas money, 1 way. But overall its a very reliable little car, cranks up every time and runs great. The brakes feel a little soggy and it has normal wear and tear of a 17 year old car, but I couldn't have asked for a better first car.

First Car
By Jay Z on 02/08/10 20:48 PM (PST)

1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera S 4dr Sedan

Had the car for 4 years now and very happy with it. well worth the money, while rotating the tires i tore a lug bolt in half. also needed to replace the serpentine belt. the motors in the tape deck are shot, but other than that haven't had any problems. always starts up. I took it in for an oil change and the mechanics wowed over how clean the car was. I found a bird's nest under the hood after leaving it sit for a semester. Love this car.

Good car
By talley on 02/01/10 14:41 PM (PST)

1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera S 4dr Sedan

I bought this car from a private seller and it had 80K miles on it. It now has 113K and it's still running great. Had to get a new battery, and a break line busted, and I have a ball bearing issue but all in all its been a great car. I only have to fill up my tank every 2 weeks which saves me tons of money. I plan on getting a new car soon, but will keep this one because it starts in very cold weather (-30 degrees!) and is very reliable!

Transmission is best
By ms100790 on 09/26/09 01:21 AM (PDT)

1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera S 4dr Sedan

Transmission is amazingly smooth. I do not feel any shift change when accelarating from 0-60. Bought it in 2003 when it was 60000 miles. Now it is 130000. I used as spare car.

Great Car
By Oneangrypeople on 08/26/09 12:49 PM (PDT)

1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera S 4dr Sedan

This car is very reliable. It has 317,000 miles on the engine and it is still going strong. The only downside is that you have to warm it up before it will drive good. The air still blows cold, and the stereo sounds better that my newer cars.

Good ol' car
By Jim Shorts on 05/19/09 20:27 PM (PDT)

1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera S 4dr Sedan

This is an amazingly reliable car. I purchased mine about 3 1/2 years ago with 150,000 on it, it now has over 195,000 and the only problems I've ever had were basic wear and tear (brakes, alternator, blower motor, etc.) While it doesn't have as much power as a Lamborghini, it still provides more than enough. Mileage is good, starts up every time, even at almost 200,000 miles. Not the easiest car to work on for the do-it-yourself person but not hard either. Headliner needed replacing when I bought it but it's a cheap problem.

Great Car
By DaveB on 03/29/09 14:03 PM (PDT)

1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera S 4dr Sedan

With the exception of a bad ground on the fuel float and common power steering cooler line rotting out (easily Bypassed), this is an excellent and reliable vehicle. I bought this car with around 80K in late 2007 and currently driving strong at around 109K miles. Only minor mechanical maintenance repairs, the body is relatively clean for NY state salty winters and the engine never skips a beat. Starts easy every time and purrs like a kitten. with the 3.3v6, I get about 25mi/gal Highway. I am very pleased with this solid trooper and would suggest it to anyone. Like another poster said, great starter car or a very reliable and safe commuting vehicle.

Rust and TPS problems
By Ron on 02/19/09 07:02 AM (PST)

1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera S 4dr Sedan

Doors and fenders have rust problem (frequent touchup needed) and it needed a TPS (throttle position sensor), which was hard to diagnose. Mechanics thought it was fuel system problem for a long time. Otherwise, it's been a good car. Repairs so far: TPS, alternator, exhaust system, brakes. Not bad for 136,000 miles.

160K+ and chugging right along
By Oddball on 01/31/09 21:14 PM (PST)

1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera S 4dr Sedan

Purchased at 99K, have over 160k now. Previous owner had factory remanufactured tranny put in at some point. Whoever did the work misadjusted the TV cable and it now shows in how the tranny shifts. Might need a new trans because of it, but it hasn't died yet. A bit of a grandma car, but it has been reliable. Alternator at ~120K easy to replace, and the rotors will slowly warp, contributing to the rattly dash. Accessories all function well no issues. Typical 24 mpg Seattle commuting, 28-30 highway.