Used 1992 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Cutlass Ciera model:

My Oldsmobile Wagon
By Portland

1992 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL Cruiser 4dr Wagon

Bought for 600 bucks and required a few fixes. Parts are extremely cheap and car is easy to maintain. It has a few occasional quirks but all in all a decent car. When I bought it, I replaced (with new parts). rotors, caliper, water pump, fuel pressure regulator, new exhaust system, spark plugs, tires, added a cd changer, and numerous other mechanical fixes to get it up to snuff and still have not (including sale) invested over 1K for the car.

Basic look of it as well as the hidden seat in the back. Able to haul the kids and friends without much difficulty.

Won't die
By wderse

1992 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera S Cruiser 4dr Wagon

Bought this thing with 82,000 miles on it for 1,700 dollars in 2003. I drive long distances for service work (fits my 6 foot ladder right in back) and other than a replaceing a wheel bearing at 188,000 miles and the starter at 212,000 miles, i havent done anything to it other than regular maintainance (breaks, hoses, spark plugs, oil changes, tires). i work on my own cars, so I figure this car costs me about what 1 car payment would per year ($250) plus gas of course.

Nice ride, good on gas, average on freeway 24 mpg

The model is dead, they can't improve on it

Not the best looking, but reliable
By tonybro70

1992 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera S 4dr Sedan

I am a rural mail carrier for the postal service. We must provide our own vehicles and I have been through several in my 12 years. Cars like the Ford Taurus can't hold a candle to this Cutlass. I've bought 3 of them now. One was a wagon (the best one so far) and sold it when the A/C compressor went out at about 135K. The second one was a sedan and sold it at 120K when the computer wouldn't reset. The third was a '94 with the 3.3L V6. In my opinion this is the best engine you can get from Olds. Forget the 4 cylinder, this one has great power and reliability. The interior is spacious and comfortable. All the gadgets work, it rides smooth and can take a beating. I would recommend it.

The interior is quiet and comfortable, the engine is reliable. Loads of trunk space. Boring but usable features.

I agree about the cupholder in the center armrest. They break all too often. As you can imagine, as a mail carrier I go through brakes like water but I will say that they're extremely easy to replace. 20 minutes per side, tops.

240000 and still going
By hos

1992 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera S 4dr Sedan

I or someone in my family has owned this vehicle for 14 years. Buku miles. Some problems, but overall a terrific car, as far as realibility. Transmission was replaced at 100,000 but no problems since then. Minor things, alternators, water pump, regular maintenance items like brakes, but this has been a very reliable car.

V6 3.3, Big trunk

184k miles and counting!
By Vai

1992 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera S 4dr Sedan

I bought this car three years ago (with 150k miles) for $500, thinking it would last me a year or so. Three years (and three Western NY snow belt winters) later, this jalopy just keeps on going. The looks, ride quality, vibration, noise etc. are pretty bad but the basic powertrain is still solid. The 3.3 V6 and the tranny are in great shape - the acceleration is good (for a family sedan) and it still gives me 24 mpg on open roads (with zero oil burning), which really impresses me. I'm going to drive this thing till it falls apart!

3.3L V6 engine and transmission