1992 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera Consumer Reviews

1992 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cutlass Ciera model:
My Oldsmobile Wagon
By Portland on 06/09/10 07:52 AM (PDT)

1992 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL Cruiser 4dr Wagon

Bought for 600 bucks and required a few fixes. Parts are extremely cheap and car is easy to maintain. It has a few occasional quirks but all in all a decent car. When I bought it, I replaced (with new parts). rotors, caliper, water pump, fuel pressure regulator, new exhaust system, spark plugs, tires, added a cd changer, and numerous other mechanical fixes to get it up to snuff and still have not (including sale) invested over 1K for the car.

Won't die
By wderse on 01/21/09 14:32 PM (PST)

1992 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera S Cruiser 4dr Wagon

Bought this thing with 82,000 miles on it for 1,700 dollars in 2003. I drive long distances for service work (fits my 6 foot ladder right in back) and other than a replaceing a wheel bearing at 188,000 miles and the starter at 212,000 miles, i havent done anything to it other than regular maintainance (breaks, hoses, spark plugs, oil changes, tires). i work on my own cars, so I figure this car costs me about what 1 car payment would per year ($250) plus gas of course.

Not the best looking, but reliable
By tonybro70 on 11/16/08 05:28 AM (PST)

1992 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera S 4dr Sedan

I am a rural mail carrier for the postal service. We must provide our own vehicles and I have been through several in my 12 years. Cars like the Ford Taurus can't hold a candle to this Cutlass. I've bought 3 of them now. One was a wagon (the best one so far) and sold it when the A/C compressor went out at about 135K. The second one was a sedan and sold it at 120K when the computer wouldn't reset. The third was a '94 with the 3.3L V6. In my opinion this is the best engine you can get from Olds. Forget the 4 cylinder, this one has great power and reliability. The interior is spacious and comfortable. All the gadgets work, it rides smooth and can take a beating. I would recommend it.

240000 and still going
By hos on 02/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera S 4dr Sedan

I or someone in my family has owned this vehicle for 14 years. Buku miles. Some problems, but overall a terrific car, as far as realibility. Transmission was replaced at 100,000 but no problems since then. Minor things, alternators, water pump, regular maintenance items like brakes, but this has been a very reliable car.

184k miles and counting!
By Vai on 10/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera S 4dr Sedan

I bought this car three years ago (with 150k miles) for $500, thinking it would last me a year or so. Three years (and three Western NY snow belt winters) later, this jalopy just keeps on going. The looks, ride quality, vibration, noise etc. are pretty bad but the basic powertrain is still solid. The 3.3 V6 and the tranny are in great shape - the acceleration is good (for a family sedan) and it still gives me 24 mpg on open roads (with zero oil burning), which really impresses me. I'm going to drive this thing till it falls apart!

Not the Best Car!
By JPitz on 09/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL 4dr Sedan

I had this car for about 1.5 yrs. and it was ok. The dashboard started to come apart from the car which worried me, the air conditioning went out, costing about $1000 to fix and update, the back seat was uncomfortable and the trunk leaked a lot. The window cranks kept falling off the doors and the door handles started to seperate from the doors making it hard to open from the inside. The car was pretty much reliable but wouldn't own one again if it was given to me, there was just to much to fix on it.

Quality
By Billy the Kid on 05/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL 4dr Sedan

I love my Cutlass, its known as the pimp-mobile around my school. Probably to the fact that I Slapped on some 14in chrome hub-caps and had the car painted a dark blue. "its got that old school ora about it"

A reliable car
By REO on 04/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL Cruiser 4dr Wagon

We bought th wagon with 80,000 miles on it in 1998. Since then, we have driven it a huge amount and it has managed to withstand the beating. At 120,000, the original engine threw a rod in the cylinder, and we replaced the engine. The car hasn't always been kept up to date with oil changes and tune ups, but it still manages to run fairly well. Other than that, the main parts we've had to replace are the hoses, sparkplugs, the fan belt, and some wheels in the engine,and the muffler. It currently has 207,000 miles on it and is doing well.

Great Car
By gm_man51 on 01/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera S 4dr Sedan

I put over 100,000 mile on my 92 cutlass and only had to replace brakes and exhaust. Best car I ever owned.

i dont know
By john doe the second on 11/18/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera S 4dr Sedan

good car best car I ever had and still is