Used 1991 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Cutlass Ciera model:

91 ciera s
By 91 ciera cutlass s

1991 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera S 4dr Sedan

i got my ciera this year and loved it i call it my mini van but better it fits as many passengers and really good on gas drives like a charm lots of power

Favorite Features

it fits me and my 5 kids comfortably even the two car seats we have and a big trunk and very reliable

Suggested Improvements

there is nothing i would change about it its the perfect car

Excellent first car or second vehicle
By Curtis

1991 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera S 4dr Sedan

This is an excellent car for the money. Extremely reliable, awesome power great mileage. Long road trips are a breeze. Very pleasant ride, a bit soft when packed with luggage or passengers, easily bottoms out. Perfect as a commuter. Everything is easily accessible in the engine compartment, BIG plus!!

Favorite Features

Power, response, economy, comfort.

Suggested Improvements

Stiffer rear suspension

A Car that Continues to Impress
By Willie

1991 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera S 4dr Sedan

Where to begin...my parent bought the car in 1992 and gave it to me when I got my license at 96,000 miles. I have been driving it ever since. Now, at 211,000 miles, after 3-4 hail storms (the largest with hail the size of baseballs) and storm chasing, a deer running into me, this car just impresses everyone that has experienced it with me. The 3300 V6 and 3-speed auto transmission have given me surprising fuel economy as high as 31 mpg, and once with 18 during cold, city driving winters. I consistently get 25 mpg in a mix driving. I replaced exhaust, water pump, heater core, harmonic balancer all because of age, not defects. I have religiously performed basic maintenance and wear items were replaced. I need new window motors, but I can't complain for what it has done for me.

Favorite Features

The reliability...I have never been stuck on the side of the road over the 16 years of ownership. I love the lack of oil burning or leaks. The ability to run it through the entire rev band weekly, multiple times and it never seems to try to break. It has a great engine, I can tell it was a derivation of the great 3800 series V6s! GREAT!

Suggested Improvements

A stock tachometer would have been nice

Must be an Anamoly
By JB

1991 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL 4dr Sedan

I know no one cares about this 15 year old car, but I own it . So far I;ve put 300,00 miles on my 1991 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera with NO major problems. OK, the struts go out annually, it has an exhaust manifold leak, I replaced a radiator, power window motor, water pump (twice), alternator, stereo, and a few windshields. So what. The car fires up in -20 temps., gets over 26 mpg., and WORKS! The 3.3L V-6 engine w/4-speed OD tranny has to be one of the best combo's ever! This car is truly outstanding!

Favorite Features

The durability. This car has a supierior core strength. Its outdated styling aside, the drivetrain would probably spank most of the latest entries in endurance.

Suggested Improvements

Offer the same drive-train in a more up-dated package (style), and add 1"-2" of firewall clearance. (for changing the spark plugs).

91 Olds Ciera
By YAMADOGGY

1991 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera S 4dr Sedan

Purchased at 100,000 miles. Had been well used, but maintained. Service engine light on, local GM dealer unable to provide a reasonable cost estimate. Rear brakes binding to drum, no holes in backing plate to loosen the shoes, needed to rip drum off of car, added to cost of repair. Driver's seat springs broken, have had other vehicle in excess of 200,000 without this problem. Power window wires all broken at bellows on L/F door. Common problem with GM cars. Expensive repair ($200).

Favorite Features

Well equipped. Easy to maintain.