1991 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cutlass Ciera model:
91 ciera s
By 91 ciera cutlass s on 09/10/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera S 4dr Sedan

i got my ciera this year and loved it i call it my mini van but better it fits as many passengers and really good on gas drives like a charm lots of power

Excellent first car or second vehicle
By Curtis on 12/05/09 21:47 PM (PST)

1991 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera S 4dr Sedan

This is an excellent car for the money. Extremely reliable, awesome power great mileage. Long road trips are a breeze. Very pleasant ride, a bit soft when packed with luggage or passengers, easily bottoms out. Perfect as a commuter. Everything is easily accessible in the engine compartment, BIG plus!!

A Car that Continues to Impress
By Willie on 03/04/07 21:54 PM (PST)

1991 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera S 4dr Sedan

Where to begin...my parent bought the car in 1992 and gave it to me when I got my license at 96,000 miles. I have been driving it ever since. Now, at 211,000 miles, after 3-4 hail storms (the largest with hail the size of baseballs) and storm chasing, a deer running into me, this car just impresses everyone that has experienced it with me. The 3300 V6 and 3-speed auto transmission have given me surprising fuel economy as high as 31 mpg, and once with 18 during cold, city driving winters. I consistently get 25 mpg in a mix driving. I replaced exhaust, water pump, heater core, harmonic balancer all because of age, not defects. I have religiously performed basic maintenance and wear items were replaced. I need new window motors, but I can't complain for what it has done for me.

Must be an Anamoly
By JB on 02/07/06 22:50 PM (PST)

1991 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL 4dr Sedan

I know no one cares about this 15 year old car, but I own it . So far I;ve put 300,00 miles on my 1991 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera with NO major problems. OK, the struts go out annually, it has an exhaust manifold leak, I replaced a radiator, power window motor, water pump (twice), alternator, stereo, and a few windshields. So what. The car fires up in -20 temps., gets over 26 mpg., and WORKS! The 3.3L V-6 engine w/4-speed OD tranny has to be one of the best combo's ever! This car is truly outstanding!

91 Olds Ciera
By YAMADOGGY on 08/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera S 4dr Sedan

Purchased at 100,000 miles. Had been well used, but maintained. Service engine light on, local GM dealer unable to provide a reasonable cost estimate. Rear brakes binding to drum, no holes in backing plate to loosen the shoes, needed to rip drum off of car, added to cost of repair. Driver's seat springs broken, have had other vehicle in excess of 200,000 without this problem. Power window wires all broken at bellows on L/F door. Common problem with GM cars. Expensive repair ($200).

My 1991 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
By JohnnyGunz on 09/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera 4dr Sedan

I have had the car for 1 year and 8 months now. I bought it with 80,000 miles on it in January of 2002. It currently has more than 112,500 miles and is still running in great order. It is more reliable than any other car I have owned(a 1993 Ford Taurus and a 1993 Dodge Shadow). I'd also recommend it over the Camry and Accord(I have friends with both of those cars and they have not been as satisfied as they hoped they would be).

194000 miles and going
By Couldn't be happier on 07/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL Cruiser 4dr Wagon

We purchased a SL Ciera Wagon in 8/02 for another basic vehicle with better fuel economy. We also had a 99 Tahoe and 01 Dodge Ram 2500 SLT P/U. The Ciera wagon had 173000 miles on it when we purchased it, but was in excellent condition inside and out. It now has 194000 miles and is going strong. We are averaging 25 mpg and have had no problems. Not bad for $1000 dollars. The oil gets changed every 3500 miles with Quaker State Higher Milage oil. Compared to our other two vehicles, this one has already paid for itself in gas savings alone. Of course it doesn't have the luxury items the Tahoe has, but it is still the most used vehicle in our household.

FUN fun car
By Weava on 04/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera S 2dr Coupe

this car is very fun and i like it alot its reliable and gets me around, it looks good and is very comfortable. it also has alot of power to it too