Used 1990 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Oldsmobile Cutlass-ciera - Consumer Reviews

1990 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera Sedan

View reviews for a specific Cutlass Ciera model:

Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera 4 dr SL.
By beavis123

1990 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera Sedan SL 4dr Sedan

This was a great car. With the 3.3 v6, this car had very nice acceleration. It was comfy inside, looked very nice. The outside looked nice, with only a little rust in a couple spots. It lasted a long time, until i got my 16 year old hands on it a year ago. I drove it until the transmission started having problems a couple weeks ago, then died completely, and i think that smashing the gas pedal to the floor all of the time took its toll. Other than that, it ran great, no engine problems, everything worked, except the inside drivers door handle, which for no apparent reason broke as soon as i pulled on it. With my driving, you'd imagine that my mpg wouldn't be great.

Favorite Features

Powerful, will last a long time if driven "normally" (aka, no driving like a maniac). very comfy inside. good brakes.

Suggested Improvements

longer-lasting inside driver door handles.

Good car for its age
By Louis

1990 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera Sedan SL 4dr Sedan

A great car, comfortable and well equipped. Pretty reliable and cheap parts (very cheap) available. Good stability and again, very comfortable. Great value for money.

Favorite Features

Cruise control easy to use. Useful information given by the computer. Powerful AC/heat. Huge trunk.

Suggested Improvements

Burns a lot of fuel. Weak brakes.

My Favorite Car
By Kenneth Richmond

1990 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera Sedan International 4dr Sedan

I bought this car from my uncle, and it is the best thing ever. It's my frst car, but I give it a perfect 10 in every respect. For some reason, I was attracted to this from a Pontiac Firebird. I guess its because of the economy.

Favorite Features

Reliability, interior, minimal rust.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing at this time.

Pleased
By Underwood

1990 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera Sedan SL 4dr Sedan

Very dependable, low maintanence. Very good handling on the road and comfortable. Only problem is I had to replace three alternators over a 14 years of ownership. I am currently replacing with 156,000 miles + and if I could purchase the same vehicle today (new), I would not think twice about it.

Favorite Features

Suggested Improvements

None

worth it
By kurdtpatton

1990 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera Sedan S 4dr Sedan

I bought this car for $600. Bought it because my girlfriend didnt want to buy a car so i bought a cheap one to replace the car i had sold her for the same price, which was also an olds cutlass ciera. Best investment i ever made, twice. Both were used and abused before i bought them and both just loved me because I have had only a few problems. always started. the biggest plus. used it while in my band and hauled equipment all the time with no signs of fatigue. even helped a buddy move, packed the car, 4 people and 1 baby, and most their belongings. able to drive 80,(tops off at 85) for 4 hours and 80 4 hrs back home straight with no signs of fade or pain.

Favorite Features

map light in the rear-view mirror, 3300 engine is great to work on if needed and super reliable.

Suggested Improvements

driver seats get uncomfortable, but then again they were at least 12 yrs old.