1990 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cutlass Ciera model:
Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera 4 dr SL.
By beavis123 on 06/07/08 21:15 PM (PDT)

1990 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera Sedan SL 4dr Sedan

This was a great car. With the 3.3 v6, this car had very nice acceleration. It was comfy inside, looked very nice. The outside looked nice, with only a little rust in a couple spots. It lasted a long time, until i got my 16 year old hands on it a year ago. I drove it until the transmission started having problems a couple weeks ago, then died completely, and i think that smashing the gas pedal to the floor all of the time took its toll. Other than that, it ran great, no engine problems, everything worked, except the inside drivers door handle, which for no apparent reason broke as soon as i pulled on it. With my driving, you'd imagine that my mpg wouldn't be great.

Good car for its age
By Louis on 05/17/05 14:03 PM (PDT)

1990 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera Sedan SL 4dr Sedan

A great car, comfortable and well equipped. Pretty reliable and cheap parts (very cheap) available. Good stability and again, very comfortable. Great value for money.

My Favorite Car
By Kenneth Richmond on 03/16/05 16:35 PM (PST)

1990 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera Sedan International 4dr Sedan

I bought this car from my uncle, and it is the best thing ever. It's my frst car, but I give it a perfect 10 in every respect. For some reason, I was attracted to this from a Pontiac Firebird. I guess its because of the economy.

Pleased
By Underwood on 02/19/05 14:03 PM (PST)

1990 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera Sedan SL 4dr Sedan

Very dependable, low maintanence. Very good handling on the road and comfortable. Only problem is I had to replace three alternators over a 14 years of ownership. I am currently replacing with 156,000 miles + and if I could purchase the same vehicle today (new), I would not think twice about it.

worth it
By kurdtpatton on 06/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera Sedan S 4dr Sedan

I bought this car for $600. Bought it because my girlfriend didnt want to buy a car so i bought a cheap one to replace the car i had sold her for the same price, which was also an olds cutlass ciera. Best investment i ever made, twice. Both were used and abused before i bought them and both just loved me because I have had only a few problems. always started. the biggest plus. used it while in my band and hauled equipment all the time with no signs of fatigue. even helped a buddy move, packed the car, 4 people and 1 baby, and most their belongings. able to drive 80,(tops off at 85) for 4 hours and 80 4 hrs back home straight with no signs of fade or pain.

excellent choice
By vin-princess on 01/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera Sedan International 4dr Sedan

this is my 2nd cutlas and love it. i put an average of 40,000 miles on my car each year, and this one is still goin strong at almost 250,000. only problems i have had with this car are a small oil leak (no burning), the seam on the gas tank leaks, and problems with the struts (due to all the potholes and bad roads i drive on)and i'm looking forward to getting my gas milage back once i get the tank fixed (before the leak i was getting about 500 miles per tank on the highway)

Terrific Vehicle- 194,000 m& still on go
By KStokem on 10/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera Sedan International 4dr Sedan

It has been a very well built, reliable vehicle, that we drove for 145,000 miles of its 194,000. Only problems have been with occasional need to replace radiator, replaced cruise control, and some brake concerns, that were never a safety issue. At less than $7000, it was a fantastic buy for us. It wasn't washed enough so it has some rust issues.

By lzG2005 on 09/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera Sedan 4dr Sedan

I have the V6 version, and I think if it didn't have its quick, get-up-and-go, I'd get rid of it right away! I don't like this car at all!

Great Car!
By Mrs. H on 08/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera Sedan SL 4dr Sedan

This car has been very reliable. It's also comfortable, safe, and a joy to drive. 147,000 miles and still going!

14 years of Power. 14 more to go.
By Carlito on 05/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera Sedan International 4dr Sedan

Greatest car made in 1990 by Oldsmobile. If you have a 1990 Olds Cutl Ciera, you is one bad mofo cuz.