1990 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera Base Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Oldsmobile Cutlass-ciera - Consumer Reviews

1990 Cutlass Ciera Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cutlass Ciera model:

Sort Reviews by

Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera 4 dr SL.
By beavis123

1990 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera Sedan SL 4dr Sedan

This was a great car. With the 3.3 v6, this car had very nice acceleration. It was comfy inside, looked very nice. The outside looked nice, with only a little rust in a couple spots. It lasted a long time, until i got my 16 year old hands on it a year ago. I drove it until the transmission started having problems a couple weeks ago, then died completely, and i think that smashing the gas pedal to the floor all of the time took its toll. Other than that, it ran great, no engine problems, everything worked, except the inside drivers door handle, which for no apparent reason broke as soon as i pulled on it. With my driving, you'd imagine that my mpg wouldn't be great.

Favorite Features

Powerful, will last a long time if driven "normally" (aka, no driving like a maniac). very comfy inside. good brakes.

Suggested Improvements

longer-lasting inside driver door handles.

Good car for its age
By Louis

1990 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera Sedan SL 4dr Sedan

A great car, comfortable and well equipped. Pretty reliable and cheap parts (very cheap) available. Good stability and again, very comfortable. Great value for money.

Favorite Features

Cruise control easy to use. Useful information given by the computer. Powerful AC/heat. Huge trunk.

Suggested Improvements

Burns a lot of fuel. Weak brakes.

My Favorite Car
By Kenneth Richmond

1990 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera Sedan International 4dr Sedan

I bought this car from my uncle, and it is the best thing ever. It's my frst car, but I give it a perfect 10 in every respect. For some reason, I was attracted to this from a Pontiac Firebird. I guess its because of the economy.

Favorite Features

Reliability, interior, minimal rust.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing at this time.

Pleased
By Underwood

1990 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera Sedan SL 4dr Sedan

Very dependable, low maintanence. Very good handling on the road and comfortable. Only problem is I had to replace three alternators over a 14 years of ownership. I am currently replacing with 156,000 miles + and if I could purchase the same vehicle today (new), I would not think twice about it.

Favorite Features

Suggested Improvements

None

worth it
By kurdtpatton

1990 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera Sedan S 4dr Sedan

I bought this car for $600. Bought it because my girlfriend didnt want to buy a car so i bought a cheap one to replace the car i had sold her for the same price, which was also an olds cutlass ciera. Best investment i ever made, twice. Both were used and abused before i bought them and both just loved me because I have had only a few problems. always started. the biggest plus. used it while in my band and hauled equipment all the time with no signs of fatigue. even helped a buddy move, packed the car, 4 people and 1 baby, and most their belongings. able to drive 80,(tops off at 85) for 4 hours and 80 4 hrs back home straight with no signs of fade or pain.

Favorite Features

map light in the rear-view mirror, 3300 engine is great to work on if needed and super reliable.

Suggested Improvements

driver seats get uncomfortable, but then again they were at least 12 yrs old.

excellent choice
By vin-princess

1990 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera Sedan International 4dr Sedan

this is my 2nd cutlas and love it. i put an average of 40,000 miles on my car each year, and this one is still goin strong at almost 250,000. only problems i have had with this car are a small oil leak (no burning), the seam on the gas tank leaks, and problems with the struts (due to all the potholes and bad roads i drive on)and i'm looking forward to getting my gas milage back once i get the tank fixed (before the leak i was getting about 500 miles per tank on the highway)

Favorite Features

the 4 cyl gets better gas milage, even though it doesn't have alot of power

Suggested Improvements

needs to be more comfortable for those who ride in the car as well as the driver

Terrific Vehicle- 194,000 m& still on go
By KStokem

1990 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera Sedan International 4dr Sedan

It has been a very well built, reliable vehicle, that we drove for 145,000 miles of its 194,000. Only problems have been with occasional need to replace radiator, replaced cruise control, and some brake concerns, that were never a safety issue. At less than $7000, it was a fantastic buy for us. It wasn't washed enough so it has some rust issues.

By lzG2005

1990 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera Sedan 4dr Sedan

I have the V6 version, and I think if it didn't have its quick, get-up-and-go, I'd get rid of it right away! I don't like this car at all!

Favorite Features

V6 engine, cruise control, large trunk

Suggested Improvements

stereo, ergonomics, back seat leg room

Great Car!
By Mrs. H

1990 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera Sedan SL 4dr Sedan

This car has been very reliable. It's also comfortable, safe, and a joy to drive. 147,000 miles and still going!

Favorite Features

Interior upholstery on the 1990 is superior to what is in cars today: No fading or ripping, great quality. The seats are very comfortable and the car delivers a smooth ride.

Suggested Improvements

Unfortunately, they don't make this car any longer. Bring it back!

14 years of Power. 14 more to go.
By Carlito

1990 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera Sedan International 4dr Sedan

Greatest car made in 1990 by Oldsmobile. If you have a 1990 Olds Cutl Ciera, you is one bad mofo cuz.

Favorite Features

Its very comfy. Great car to have sex in. Trunk size, to put a sound system in. Leg room.

Suggested Improvements

Passenger Seat adjustments. Fuel efficency.