Used 1990 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Cutlass Ciera model:

the good ol' day's
By simclardy

1990 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL Cruiser 4dr Wagon

This car is truely the swiss army knife of cars. It has 8 seat belts, and the back seats fold forward to make a nice flat surface. you can slide a sheet of 4x8 plywood no problem, once I carried 13 sheets of sheet rock by removing some trim. I just drove back from cape cod to NJ and got 27.8 mpg. This car has 275,000 miles with the original transmission "tmh440". One problem, it's 20 years old. This review is for all the yuppies driving a $50,000 car that gets 12mpg. maybe these type of cars will come back in style?

versatility

Better door hinges ps- GM still uses the same design on some vehicles.

Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera 4 dr SL.
By beavis123

1990 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL 4dr Sedan

This was a great car. With the 3.3 v6, this car had very nice acceleration. It was comfy inside, looked very nice. The outside looked nice, with only a little rust in a couple spots. It lasted a long time, until i got my 16 year old hands on it a year ago. I drove it until the transmission started having problems a couple weeks ago, then died completely, and i think that smashing the gas pedal to the floor all of the time took its toll. Other than that, it ran great, no engine problems, everything worked, except the inside drivers door handle, which for no apparent reason broke as soon as i pulled on it. With my driving, you'd imagine that my mpg wouldn't be great.

Powerful, will last a long time if driven "normally" (aka, no driving like a maniac). very comfy inside. good brakes.

longer-lasting inside driver door handles.

Good car for its age
By Louis

1990 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL 4dr Sedan

A great car, comfortable and well equipped. Pretty reliable and cheap parts (very cheap) available. Good stability and again, very comfortable. Great value for money.

Cruise control easy to use. Useful information given by the computer. Powerful AC/heat. Huge trunk.

Burns a lot of fuel. Weak brakes.

My Favorite Car
By Kenneth Richmond

1990 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera International 4dr Sedan

I bought this car from my uncle, and it is the best thing ever. It's my frst car, but I give it a perfect 10 in every respect. For some reason, I was attracted to this from a Pontiac Firebird. I guess its because of the economy.

Reliability, interior, minimal rust.

Nothing at this time.

Pleased
By Underwood

1990 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL 4dr Sedan

Very dependable, low maintanence. Very good handling on the road and comfortable. Only problem is I had to replace three alternators over a 14 years of ownership. I am currently replacing with 156,000 miles + and if I could purchase the same vehicle today (new), I would not think twice about it.

None