Used 1990 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais S Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Cutlass Calais model:

My Familie's reliable Oldsmobeater
By Chris Lunsman

1990 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais S 4dr Sedan

Its been a very long time since we bought our Oldsmomile back in 1990. The car still runs strong. We had no big mechanical corrections until about a year ago. We put $800 into it, but thats the most its every needed. The engine for a couple years was running on three cylinders, because of a stuck spark plug caused by a blown gasget. For a four cylinder this thing gets up and moves. My father drove this car to his work (45 miles) everyday for 10 years. This is why the car now has 183,250 miles on it and is still running strong. We have never owned a car that had this many miles before. Overall my family was very glad to have bought this car.

Favorite Features

180 horsepower 2.3 litre engine Ability to "kick it in" at cruising speed

Suggested Improvements

Can't say much since Oldsmobile does not make this any more, but thats okay. Its very uncommon to see these cars on the road today, and thats why I am proud of the miles it has on it odometer.

1990 olds
By olds calais sl

1990 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais S 4dr Sedan

I think it has been and still is a very good car, don't know why they discontinued it.

Favorite Features

it is economical and easy to drive, handles real good,reliable, gets real good comments from others. One car owner, taken good care of.

Suggested Improvements

The only thing I can think of is that I would feel safer if it were a 2000, I am too old to be having car troubles.