Used 1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser Wagon - Consumer Reviews

Base 5.0L V8 4-speed Automatic - (6 reviews )

Gr8 Car
By shorenuff65

1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser Wagon 4dr Wagon

Extremely reliable and versatile. Best of both worlds with big size and good gas mileage for it's size. These cars have it WAY over SUVs and Mini Vans in terms of cargo/passenger capacity, fuel economy, annual operating/repair costs, and the super smooth comfortable ride.

Hugely comfortable, cheap to maintain, EXTREMELY reliable, great fuel economy for the big V8 engine.

Could use better cornering control but I'll take that over the SUV rollover factor anytime. Wish GM would keep making them!

Best Car I Have Ever Owned
By Mary

1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser Wagon 4dr Wagon

The body is still in excellent shape. I bought this car new and I have averaged less than $100 a year in repairs. It still runs and looks great. I would not be afraid to drive across country in it. I wish they still made a car like this.

It has enough room to haul anything. It will hold a 4 x 8 sheet of plywood and still have all the doors closed and plenty of room to drive.

You can't improve on perfection.

Wonderful Car!
By Oldsguy

1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser Wagon 4dr Wagon

Wonderful car. Wish they still made them. We're the second owners of this beauty. Minimal repairs, great ride, excellent gas mileage, lots of power, lots of room, and it never goes out of style.

Powerful engine, excellent gas mileage, lots of cargo space, very reliable, beautiful styling.

Start making them again!

Excellent Car
By Archipelago

1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser Wagon 4dr Wagon

Excellent reliability. It carries everything ... cargo and people. Excellent styling. Never out dated. I bought new and have had very minimal repairs over the years

Size Versatility

Make this car again and I will buy it. Don't change a thing.

Great Car
By Bumpht

1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser Wagon 4dr Wagon

I'm the second owner. The first owner purchased the car in November of 1992 and it onlt had 52000 miles when I bought it. It has over 100k now. It rides and drives great. It also have been faily reliable and gets ok milage for its size. It has the 350 v8 which is a good engine.

It is very versatile. It can carry 8 or 9 people or with the seats down a 4x8 foot sheet of anything! Much more pratical than an SUV or Mini for my money!

QA could be better. Form and fit. But they stopped making them rather than inprove production. Everyone was convinced that they really wanted a Mini or SUV which have about the room, and milage, but a much lager profit for the auto makers.