Used 1991 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser Wagon - Consumer Reviews

Base 5.0L V8 4-speed Automatic - (6 reviews )

I love this station wagon!
By sumbuddy98

1991 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser Wagon 4dr Wagon

I bought this station wagon brand new in November 1991. I love this car! I have a little over 200,000 miles on it. It is in beautiful condition - people comment on how nice it looks all the time and they can't believe how old it is! Most of the time this car is trouble-free, but, when things do go wrong, I fix them because I do not want to part with this car. One thing I really love is the fact that the turn signals have that automatic warning to let you know if you leave your turn signals on and drive for more than a mile - then they start dinging at you! I wish everyone's car had this feature!

Automatic client control, turn signal indicator after one mile, automatic on/off headlights.

I do wish that it had air conditioning vents in the back of the car - here in Houston that would be a good thing!

Best Wagon Ever Made
By Scott

1991 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser Wagon 4dr Wagon

I have made the effort to search for one of these for almost over a year. Let me tell you, it was well worth the wait! I was lucky enough to find an all gold Custom Cruiser! One of the rarest color combos out there! I am 16, and so far it is an awesome first car! Nothing on the road comes close to the overall value of the Custom Cruiser! It has room, comfort, quality, originality, luxury, smooth ride, great mileage for its size, and pretty decent performance for a car over 4,000 lbs! I strongly suggest anyone to seek out one of these. With just alittle more than 12,000 ever made in '91-'92, it may be challanging to find a nice one. If you keep looking, you will not be disapointed!

Climate control is very nice. The vista roof is one of a kind. The dual tailgate is amazing. The ride is to die for! I have never ridden in anything that drives so smooth!

My only suggestion would be the avalibility of an LT1. But even without the LT1, this is far an beyond the best car I or anyone else I know has ever owned!

Awesome Family Car
By PorscheMom

1991 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser Wagon 4dr Wagon

I bought this car after having my third child. I hate vans and despise SUVs. This car was an obvious choice. It's functional, comfortable, and gets decent gas mileage (23 mpg hwy). The only downside to the car is that the transmission starts slipping at around 100,000 miles. I also own a Buick, same year/model, and noticed the same thing. Regular maintenance and a good additive solve the problem. Otherwise, this is the ideal family vehicle and the ultimate road trip machine. It never fails to draw compliments.

Seating for eight, the auto load leveling feature, dual action tailgate, power everything, and sleek styling.

Make 'em again! Until then, I'll keep maintaining and rebuilding (if necessary) this one.

Great Car
By Edel

1991 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser Wagon 4dr Wagon

This is our second 1991 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser. Both were purchased used. The first one was destroyed when it was hit by someone trying to answer their cell phone. We liked the first one so much we bought another. Not only is this a great looking vehicle, it is very practical as well. Its highway gas mileage is an impressive 25 mpg and one can fit nearly anything in it.

The anti-lock brakes, self-leveling rear suspension, dual tailgate, luggage rack, moonroof, comfortable front seats, and rear facing third seat.

None - this is the high point of station wagon design.

LOVE my car!
By Eda Bagel

1991 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser Wagon 4dr Wagon

As the producer and director of a non- profit theatre company in charge of coordinating charity events AND the son of a Wagnerian mother in a wheelchair, I can't think of a better car to have. These gorgeous two-tone cars are more intimidating from the front view than any Dodge Ram pick-up out there. It's more stylish than the plain-Jane Caprice wagon and doesn't have the garish wood-grain trim of the Roadmasters. I only wish it had the plusher seats of the Buicks, though these are quite comfortable for 6+ hour- long trips. I've put nearly 40,000 miles on this car in one year, and I'm looking forward to more worry-free driving up to and over 200,000 miles.

The sheer width of this car is unmatched by anything on the road today. The engine (5.0) is easy to work on, and all the features are easy to use. And, of course, EVERYONE comments on the vista roof!

Bring these cars back, dammit!