1996 Oldsmobile Ciera Consumer Review: A Great Car From GM!

1996 Oldsmobile Ciera - Consumer Review

SL Sedan (2.2L 4-cyl. 3-speed Automatic)

A Great Car From GM!
By Fantastic Doug on

1996 Oldsmobile Ciera SL 4dr Sedan

This car came with the standard 3.1 Liter V6 Engine,AC,ABS brakes,and automatic transmission. It is the perfect car for driving around town. I bought the car new and have over 135,000 miles on it. It still drives like a new car with excellent gas mileage.The only thing not working is cruise control, and I don't care because most of my driving is in stop and go city traffic. I've had to replace the battery several times and the "service engine soon" light stays on all the time. A mechanic told me the light is a problem in the car's computer system-nothing is wrong with the car. I really enjoy this car and intend to keep it for many years to come!

Favorite Features

Vision is excellent out of all windows and that is a must in city traffic. The seats are very comfortable and there is plenty of leg room for a tall person. And the ride is quiet with the windows closed.

Suggested Improvements

My front license plate got ripped off in a car wash because it was mounted in a large boxy holder. I recommend eliminating the boxy holder and mount the plate directly against the bumper. I did this and the plate stays on the car.This would be an excellent upgrade for any Oldsmobile owner.