1996 Oldsmobile Ciera - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ciera model:
reliability and comfort
By crom on 11/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Oldsmobile Ciera SL 4dr Sedan

Proper maintainance keeps the olds runnning. i have never experience breakdowns on the road.had 173,000 miles and it still running good.

overall rating on 1996 olds ciera
By Gambler59 on 11/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Oldsmobile Ciera SL 4dr Sedan

Very high performance up until this year. Now I am trading my Olds only because mechanically unsound. But I have gotten good performance up till now.

It has gone the distance
By driver777 on 06/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Oldsmobile Ciera SL 4dr Sedan

Bought my Ciera new. After logging 118,000 miles here's the maintenance record: Preventative maintenance: Serpentine belt replaced twice, 40K and 90K Replaced battery and alternator: 85K Replaced shocks, struts Corrective Maintenance: Replaced power window motor, driver's side. Head gasket replaced. Replaced radiator, hoses. Replaced water pump. Power steering assembly replaced due to leak. Ongoing problem: Fuel guage is inaccurate. 1/4 reading is an indicator that the tank is empty.

An Excellent Family car
By Jammin in Jersey on 03/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Oldsmobile Ciera SL 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for almost 7 years, and it has almost 105k miles. The performance, comfort, and reliability is still there. There have been absolutely no problems with this car. This car with over 100k miles rides and is quieter than my nephew's brand new Accord V-6. Interior is a bit drab, but there is a lot of space. This is a great budget buy used because if you maintain it regularly, it will outlast your friend's japanese and german cars.