Used 1996 Oldsmobile Ciera Consumer Reviews - 23 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Oldsmobile Ciera - Consumer Reviews

1996 Oldsmobile Ciera

View reviews for a specific Ciera model:

Really solid car!
By abel

1996 Oldsmobile Ciera SL 4dr Sedan

its nothing fancy, but if your looking for a reliable sturdy car that gets really decent mpg then the car is for you. concidering price you cannot find a better value, and it can sit 6 people.

Come and ride with me Lucille
By Daniel Calicchio

1996 Oldsmobile Ciera SL 4dr Wagon

If you find one that's in good shape, buy it! I have over 200K miles on this car and more abuse than use it and it does not burn oil, trans shifts like new, handles as good as my family Ford 500. I am keeping this car/truck until the wheels go square. Great wagon, wish they would still make it.

Love <3 MyOldie Olds but goodie!!! ***** Q
By Mrs.Lee

1996 Oldsmobile Ciera SL 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 2006 from an estate sale with 24,000 miles on it. I bought it for
to drive because I wanted an inexpensive car to drive that I would have to have liability
insurance,and since I had two sons in college I had to cut down on expensive wherever
I could. I have enjoyed driving this car, it has been reliable, only upkeep with only regular
maintance. I've been ask it I wanted to sell it more than a few times since I've had it.
It is 20 yrs old and am still driving it, I actually think it is better looking than a lot
of the newer cars on the road now, it has more character and is to me a classic. I have
a chance to buy a 2013 Altima at a bargain price but I don't want to part with my old Olds.
It has served me well, I love my 1996 Olds!!!! <3

Eh...
By greatcar56

1996 Oldsmobile Ciera SL 4dr Sedan

This was a great car when it worked. I had this car for one year and I got 65,000 miles on it before antifreeze leaked into the engine. It needs an entire new head gasket which is worth more than the whole car. The seats were really comfy though.

discouraging.
By cole21

1996 Oldsmobile Ciera SL 4dr Sedan

I've had this car a little over a year now, and I'm aching to be rid of it. you feel every bump in the road, and although the seats are very comfortable, its not a pleasant ride.
there's rust and holes in the rear, it's slow, its awful on gas, and I've put so much money into it, its not even worth it. my door doesn't open when i unlock it, my battery died twice, I've had my brakes done twice,
new oil, and fluids, my windshield wiper fluid doesn't come out. It's nothing special, and shouldn't have this many problems considering I bought it from an eighty year old woman who used to to drive to church.
Waste of my money and time.