1995 Oldsmobile Ciera - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ciera model:
nightmare vehicle
By autos78 on 06/18/13 16:24 PM (PDT)

1995 Oldsmobile Ciera SL 4dr Sedan

I must be the only one to negatively comment on this car but it has not served us well. We had to repair the alternator, engine, ignition, transmission and replace the batterys 3 times turn signals 2 times and coolent compartment 1 time. It only had about 65k miles on it which is bad since this is a total figure. I could see the metal bars behind the seat cloth, the radio sounded bad even with good signal, and I could look down at the road through the rear passenger door. I even nicknamed it the Christmas car because when it did run the engine sounded like jingle bells.

Love My Wagon
By mtndog on 06/29/10 21:27 PM (PDT)

1995 Oldsmobile Ciera SL 4dr Wagon

We bought this car with 36,000 mi and I average over 60,000 a yr. Since its a wagon, I've used it like a pickup truck hauling things. It has never quit and fully loaded with cargo, when I ask for speed to pass something, that V6 kicks in and GOES! It has 240,000 on it now. The AC unit went out a yr ago, and Ive never gotten it repaired but other than that, normal maintenance, ok maybe not so normal, it's gone about 3-4000 mi over for a LOF, but other than cutting the mileage, it still runs strong. Ave mileage on my commute is about 26-29 with new oil, and 23-25 with old oil. It has never left me stranded, and always starts even when its -20.

oldsmobile, cutless ciera
By CIERRA,CUTLESS on 11/19/09 12:44 PM (PST)

1995 Oldsmobile Ciera SL 4dr Sedan

this has been a good car for us as we need to have one that is dependable.I have a scooter hoist on the back to carry my scooter as I am disabled

Best $2500 ever spent
By I LOVE IT!!!! on 05/06/08 18:36 PM (PDT)

1995 Oldsmobile Ciera SL 4dr Wagon

I bought this car used for a work car, It has been awesome, very reliable, good MPG (29-30 highway) 3.1 six runs smooth, has a few quirks, but makes the car fun. Holds everything, It is like sitting on a sofa. It drives like a big loaf of bread, but i still would rather drive it than my new Saturn, Its a great car!! I have had very few problems and all minor. It burns no oil and is always ready to go!

Reliable after all these years
By NRook on 11/17/07 08:58 AM (PST)

1995 Oldsmobile Ciera SL 4dr Sedan

This car was a dealership demo when my elderly parents bought it. It fell into my hands upon the death of my dad and mom could no longer drive. As of 11/2007 it only has 46,000 miles on it. I have been driving it for a year and the only problem has been the alternator and now it needs new struts. I am selling it only because it is a very boring car but it is still very reliable and solid. I don't have any complaints about it other than that. If you can find one with low miles at this age, it should hold up fine.

198,000 and Still Running Strong!
By midustouch on 01/29/07 21:46 PM (PST)

1995 Oldsmobile Ciera SL 4dr Sedan

I am an auto mechanic and most cars at 198,000 miles are pretty turdish. Being a Wisconsin car it does have minor rust but my friends always comment that the car rides really nice. I purchased the car from one of my friends (another mechanic) for $900 a little over a year ago at 173,000 miles and the car has never let me down. I have another friend that finally junked one of these at 260,000 miles.

Great Midsize Choice
By cieraguy on 09/19/06 12:32 PM (PDT)

1995 Oldsmobile Ciera SL 4dr Sedan

I just bought this car a little over a month ago after I totalled my Escort. It has the 3.1 V6 engine, 4-speed auto transmission, and 107,000 miles. So far all I had to do was put on two new tires and fix a trans line leak. It's going to need a power steering pump and a new starter soon, but those are just minor items to replace on an 11 year old car. The engine is quite powerful even though the looks don't suggest it. I also get around 25-27 MPG so it's decent on gas for a midsize. I wish the car didn't have the granny suspension so it would be better on windy roads and wouldn't float as much.

Still going strong
By aimee85 on 11/28/05 20:06 PM (PST)

1995 Oldsmobile Ciera SL 4dr Sedan

My 1995 Oldsmobile Ciera had 36,000 miles on it when I acquired it, and at 63,000 miles, three years later it is still going strong. It has required only normal maintenance. I am experiencing some minor electrical problems as things like the power window motors wear out. While not a "cool" car for a teenager or college student to have, it has been very reliable. The roomy trunk and back seat have moved my posessions from home to dorm room and back again many times now without my parents having to bring anything else in their car. I'm not overly impressed with the quality of the radio/sound system, though. Its gas mileage is usually in mid-to-upper 20s, I occasionally gets 30 mpg.

Decent family car
By Tom S./ Northern IL on 09/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Oldsmobile Ciera SL 4dr Wagon

Bought our Cutlass Cruiser wagon 4 years ago with 76K miles, and soon after the only thing it needed was a CD player that was direct fit for GM. It has been a decent used car for us. On a hwy. trip from our home to Nashville in summer, this car happily purred along at 70-75 and got about 29 MPG for the trip, and the AC worked great! Trans. went out at 84K. We rplced it at a local shop with one from a wrecked Ciera with 40K on it (at a cost of about $1,200).

One of
By Zooming on 07/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Oldsmobile Ciera SL 4dr Sedan

I've had this 1995 red car for 6 years in Michigan—a mini-limo with a formal rear quarter post, and a cool car for attempted seduction. It's roomy enough for our garage band & some stuff. Its body shows rust spots around the wheel wells & where trim pieces attach. I replaced the engine when the crankcase lost all its oil (my fault). It won't always turn left from a stop (it used to), and the tranny has problems. One window motor no longer works. The console lid is split 'cause I use it to lever me out of a very low- slung seat. My biggest complaint is there's no place to put toll coins, which end up all over the floor & scares people when I dive for 'em.