Used 1995 Oldsmobile Ciera Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Oldsmobile Ciera - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ciera model:

Most Helpful|
Reliable after all these years
By NRook

1995 Oldsmobile Ciera SL 4dr Sedan

This car was a dealership demo when my elderly parents bought it. It fell into my hands upon the death of my dad and mom could no longer drive. As of 11/2007 it only has 46,000 miles on it. I have been driving it for a year and the only problem has been the alternator and now it needs new struts. I am selling it only because it is a very boring car but it is still very reliable and solid. I don't have any complaints about it other than that. If you can find one with low miles at this age, it should hold up fine.

nightmare vehicle
By autos78

1995 Oldsmobile Ciera SL 4dr Sedan

I must be the only one to negatively comment on this car but it has not served us well. We had to repair the alternator, engine, ignition, transmission and replace the batterys 3 times turn signals 2 times and coolent compartment 1 time. It only had about 65k miles on it which is bad since this is a total figure. I could see the metal bars behind the seat cloth, the radio sounded bad even with good signal, and I could look down at the road through the rear passenger door. I even nicknamed it the Christmas car because when it did run the engine sounded like jingle bells.

Favorite Features

broken cup holders that flip out of the arm rest box

Suggested Improvements

EVERYTHING!!!

oldsmobile, cutless ciera
By CIERRA,CUTLESS

1995 Oldsmobile Ciera SL 4dr Sedan

this has been a good car for us as we need to have one that is dependable.I have a scooter hoist on the back to carry my scooter as I am disabled

Favorite Features

cruise control

Suggested Improvements

plesase put this model back in production

Great Midsize Choice
By cieraguy

1995 Oldsmobile Ciera SL 4dr Sedan

I just bought this car a little over a month ago after I totalled my Escort. It has the 3.1 V6 engine, 4-speed auto transmission, and 107,000 miles. So far all I had to do was put on two new tires and fix a trans line leak. It's going to need a power steering pump and a new starter soon, but those are just minor items to replace on an 11 year old car. The engine is quite powerful even though the looks don't suggest it. I also get around 25-27 MPG so it's decent on gas for a midsize. I wish the car didn't have the granny suspension so it would be better on windy roads and wouldn't float as much.

Favorite Features

The V6 engine provides power and economy all in one. It has simple controls and old school styling and features (bench seat, column shift). The three section tail lights add a sporty touch. These cars are everywhere and they were sold under four different brands, so parts are abundant.

Suggested Improvements

It should have standard power windows and mirrors as well as cruise control. Lose the power reclining seats and stick with manual, the driver's seat doesn't work. Have a sportier suspension option or bring back the Ciera GT.

198,000 and Still Running Strong!
By midustouch

1995 Oldsmobile Ciera SL 4dr Sedan

I am an auto mechanic and most cars at 198,000 miles are pretty turdish. Being a Wisconsin car it does have minor rust but my friends always comment that the car rides really nice. I purchased the car from one of my friends (another mechanic) for $900 a little over a year ago at 173,000 miles and the car has never let me down. I have another friend that finally junked one of these at 260,000 miles.

Favorite Features

I like how it is reliable, incognito, parts are so cheap ($12 for a brake caliper!), has great snow traction with newer tires, and gets 22- 26 mpg all the time.

Suggested Improvements

These cars handle like turds even with new struts and performance tires and there are no aftermarket upgrades for the anything.