Used 1995 Oldsmobile Ciera Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Oldsmobile Ciera - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ciera model:

nightmare vehicle
By autos78

1995 Oldsmobile Ciera SL 4dr Sedan

I must be the only one to negatively comment on this car but it has not served us well. We had to repair the alternator, engine, ignition, transmission and replace the batterys 3 times turn signals 2 times and coolent compartment 1 time. It only had about 65k miles on it which is bad since this is a total figure. I could see the metal bars behind the seat cloth, the radio sounded bad even with good signal, and I could look down at the road through the rear passenger door. I even nicknamed it the Christmas car because when it did run the engine sounded like jingle bells.

broken cup holders that flip out of the arm rest box

EVERYTHING!!!

Love My Wagon
By mtndog

1995 Oldsmobile Ciera SL 4dr Wagon

We bought this car with 36,000 mi and I average over 60,000 a yr. Since its a wagon, I've used it like a pickup truck hauling things. It has never quit and fully loaded with cargo, when I ask for speed to pass something, that V6 kicks in and GOES! It has 240,000 on it now. The AC unit went out a yr ago, and Ive never gotten it repaired but other than that, normal maintenance, ok maybe not so normal, it's gone about 3-4000 mi over for a LOF, but other than cutting the mileage, it still runs strong. Ave mileage on my commute is about 26-29 with new oil, and 23-25 with old oil. It has never left me stranded, and always starts even when its -20.

I have been car shopping for over 2 yrs looking for something that would compare to this vehicle, and haven't found anything that comes close. That could be why I still have it. Love the snappy V6. I can still get scratch off the line at a light. That surprises 'em.

I wish they still made Olds. However, a more food friendly dash, and cup holders (none exist) would be awesome but since they don't make this anymore, guess that wont be happening. We made one for it that works wonderfully.

oldsmobile, cutless ciera
By CIERRA,CUTLESS

1995 Oldsmobile Ciera SL 4dr Sedan

this has been a good car for us as we need to have one that is dependable.I have a scooter hoist on the back to carry my scooter as I am disabled

cruise control

plesase put this model back in production

Best $2500 ever spent
By I LOVE IT!!!!

1995 Oldsmobile Ciera SL 4dr Wagon

I bought this car used for a work car, It has been awesome, very reliable, good MPG (29-30 highway) 3.1 six runs smooth, has a few quirks, but makes the car fun. Holds everything, It is like sitting on a sofa. It drives like a big loaf of bread, but i still would rather drive it than my new Saturn, Its a great car!! I have had very few problems and all minor. It burns no oil and is always ready to go!

tailgate design (glass and gate open independently), power seat w/ power recline, tilt wheel, simple easy controls.

Olds is gone, bring Olds back!

Reliable after all these years
By NRook

1995 Oldsmobile Ciera SL 4dr Sedan

This car was a dealership demo when my elderly parents bought it. It fell into my hands upon the death of my dad and mom could no longer drive. As of 11/2007 it only has 46,000 miles on it. I have been driving it for a year and the only problem has been the alternator and now it needs new struts. I am selling it only because it is a very boring car but it is still very reliable and solid. I don't have any complaints about it other than that. If you can find one with low miles at this age, it should hold up fine.