Used 2004 Oldsmobile Bravada SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Oldsmobile Bravada - Consumer Reviews

2004 Oldsmobile Bravada SUV

View reviews for a specific Bravada model:

10 years old and no service issues
By jake136

2004 Oldsmobile Bravada SUV AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Had to share that I've owned the 04 Bravada and have had no service issues. I really can't believe it. I have 110K on it and have to say it's been the best vehicle I've ever owned. Sorry it's an Olds and sorry they discontinued the line. Seems they finally got it right. I've owned a number of Olds products that had typical issues but not this one. I now have an issue with the front differential that will cost me a few hundred dollars, but come on is that it?? That's my question has anyone else had experience with this vehicle? What issues should I look forward to in the future? I hate to dump it for a $40K + replacement.

Favorite Features

Interior features, Automatic 4WD, drives great in snow. Very reliable

Suggested Improvements

Some squeeks in suspension but nothing that effects ride or safety.

Best Luxury SUV Ever
By L. De' Concillis

2004 Oldsmobile Bravada SUV AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our 04' Bravada new in 2004 for approx. $37,000. We test drove many vehicles such as the Lincoln Navigator, Cadillac Escalade, BMW x5, and Acura MDX. This car blew the competition away; The Bravada is quiet and has a very smooth ride, power folding mirrors, DVD player, voice activated everything, and just looks like a luxury vehicle. It is such a shame that GM no longer makes the Oldsmobile division anymore, however, I highly recommend the Bravada to anyone looking for a mid-size luxury SUV.

Favorite Features

Full leather interior, Power folding mirrors, voice activated everything, heated seats, DVD player, moon roof, power everything.

Suggested Improvements

I would like to find a new Bravada.

hood issues
By Kelly Orlaska

2004 Oldsmobile Bravada SUV AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We recently bought a used 2004 AWD Bravada and loved it the moment we saw it. After we had it for about 2 weeks it started making squeaking sounds from under the hood. After taking it back to the dealership, they told us they couldn't find anything wrong with it. After we took them for a ride so they could hear the sounds they looked the problem up on the internet, to find it had something to do with a loose hood latch. They supposedly "fixed it" but the problem persists. We don't know how to go about fixing it even if we could. The AWD light also comes on often but goes away.

Favorite Features

My husband drives the car and he likes the heated seats and the Bose stereo system.

Love My Bravada
By JayKay

2004 Oldsmobile Bravada SUV AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2004 Bravada after riding in a friend's Bravada. I was impressed enough with the comfortable ride that I had to get one of the last Bravadas made. Even with gas prices at $4.00 - I won't give up the luxury of the Olds Bravada.

Favorite Features

Smooth, comfortable ride. Seat Warmers.

Suggested Improvements

Moot issue - no longer in production.

Cannot believe this is an Oldsmoblie!
By Jerad Upwall

2004 Oldsmobile Bravada SUV AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We needed a awd or 4 wheel drive vehicle that was reliable and easy to oberate in the snow country, especially for my wife who has never lived in the snow before. We love our Bravada because of its comfort and style and power of its engine.