2004 Oldsmobile Bravada - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Bravada model:
10 years old and no service issues
By jake136 on 06/13/13 10:08 AM (PDT)

2004 Oldsmobile Bravada AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Had to share that I've owned the 04 Bravada and have had no service issues. I really can't believe it. I have 110K on it and have to say it's been the best vehicle I've ever owned. Sorry it's an Olds and sorry they discontinued the line. Seems they finally got it right. I've owned a number of Olds products that had typical issues but not this one. I now have an issue with the front differential that will cost me a few hundred dollars, but come on is that it?? That's my question has anyone else had experience with this vehicle? What issues should I look forward to in the future? I hate to dump it for a $40K + replacement.

Best Luxury SUV Ever
By L. De' Concillis on 11/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Oldsmobile Bravada AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our 04' Bravada new in 2004 for approx. $37,000. We test drove many vehicles such as the Lincoln Navigator, Cadillac Escalade, BMW x5, and Acura MDX. This car blew the competition away; The Bravada is quiet and has a very smooth ride, power folding mirrors, DVD player, voice activated everything, and just looks like a luxury vehicle. It is such a shame that GM no longer makes the Oldsmobile division anymore, however, I highly recommend the Bravada to anyone looking for a mid-size luxury SUV.

hood issues
By Kelly Orlaska on 01/31/10 15:41 PM (PST)

2004 Oldsmobile Bravada AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We recently bought a used 2004 AWD Bravada and loved it the moment we saw it. After we had it for about 2 weeks it started making squeaking sounds from under the hood. After taking it back to the dealership, they told us they couldn't find anything wrong with it. After we took them for a ride so they could hear the sounds they looked the problem up on the internet, to find it had something to do with a loose hood latch. They supposedly "fixed it" but the problem persists. We don't know how to go about fixing it even if we could. The AWD light also comes on often but goes away.

Love My Bravada
By JayKay on 09/16/08 16:45 PM (PDT)

2004 Oldsmobile Bravada AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2004 Bravada after riding in a friend's Bravada. I was impressed enough with the comfortable ride that I had to get one of the last Bravadas made. Even with gas prices at $4.00 - I won't give up the luxury of the Olds Bravada.

Cannot believe this is an Oldsmoblie!
By Jerad Upwall on 11/08/04 13:01 PM (PST)

2004 Oldsmobile Bravada AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We needed a awd or 4 wheel drive vehicle that was reliable and easy to oberate in the snow country, especially for my wife who has never lived in the snow before. We love our Bravada because of its comfort and style and power of its engine.

Not bad for a last year Olds...
By si_sargeanto on 09/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Oldsmobile Bravada AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This SUV has been nothing but good. It is a step up from the Envoy/Trailblazer and it lets you know it. Perferated leather seats, wood trim everywhere, OnStar and other electronical goodies are just a few of the goodies I enjoy in this car. The AWD system is helpful, and has no doubt gotten me out of some bad situations, living in Michigan and all, but it seems there is a bit of a long delay for it to kick in... but when it does... WOW! it is a difference! It's is truly an outstanding family, Home Depot, and overall just classy SUV. It's beautiful, it knows it too, but doesn't flaunt it.

Continuous Problems with Bravada
By FGirl on 08/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Oldsmobile Bravada AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We've had the vehicle in for repair of the AWD EIGHT TIMES and it is still not satisfactory. The service AWD light is on constantly and the SUV grinds and bumps during turns.

Robs Review
By iam14style on 07/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Oldsmobile Bravada AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Good deal for the money, handles well and is good looking.

Bravado Praise
By Gene Petitto on 07/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Oldsmobile Bravada AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

The vehicle is attractive with a little different look but has all of the amenities that varied on the other SUVs driven. The ride is great and the visibility from the vehicle is good.

Excellent Automobile
By Bop T Panackes on 04/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Oldsmobile Bravada AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I am a big oldsmobile fan and since the 2004 Bravada is there last car i just had to buy one. I am quite impressed with this car. I love it!!!