2003 Oldsmobile Bravada - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Bravada model:
11yrs old and still going great
By bradleys on 06/10/14 19:13 PM (PDT)

2003 Oldsmobile Bravada AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

118,000 miles and still a nice truck to own. For me this one was the best. Previously owned a 1999 & 1992 as well.

Peice Of Crap
By bravadahtr on 08/29/12 05:59 AM (PDT)

2003 Oldsmobile Bravada AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I hate this car! I have had so many problems..... Transfer case motor went 3x, brought it back to dealer, turn signal didn't work. Bad ground, The front differential seized up and stopped me dead in the road. Had to flatbed it back to the dealer.The replacement costed $2,000. Sway bar links went bad in the front and back.replaced the back ones. Fronts still need to be replaced. The cam shaft positioning sensor went bad making the check engine light come on.That needed to be replaced along with two tires, tie rod end, and a thermostat housing to pass inspect. $600 for that. Now the trans. is slipping, pass wheel bearing going bad, front breaks are bad, and there's a strange rattle underneath.

Not just another Trailblazer
By Eric on 04/17/09 19:28 PM (PDT)

2003 Oldsmobile Bravada AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I will forever miss the Ninety-Eight, Rocket 455, Bravada and the Olds empire entirely. This is an underrated SUV that rarely gets mention as a result of its relatives from Chevy and GMC. You'll never ever mistake this for a Trailblazer if you've driven them both. A luxury AWD SUV that fits the wallet nicely. Despite claims, resale values remain superior to its brothers.

Excellent truck
By Realityvision on 12/21/08 12:51 PM (PST)

2003 Oldsmobile Bravada AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased new in 2002 and have 75k miles on it. Original brakes and tires. Just past inspection 12/08 in Virginia. I have towed boats and trailers. No problems, no rattles, no electrical issues (except replaced headlamps). I can't imagine what more you would want. Purchased this truck because Oldsmobile only had 6 options everything else is standard in 03 plus 60 mo zero financing. Excellent product.

Short of being perfect
By Mike on 06/14/08 18:43 PM (PDT)

2003 Oldsmobile Bravada AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We have enjoyed our Bravada excepted for a recurring transmission slippage that gives you the sensation to go over a bumpy road as the vehicle starts to accelerate. There is also a loud metallic noise that I have not been able to find the origin. It sounds like a loose hatch door, or loose braking caliper or an heavy piece of metal rattling when on bumpy road.

Good Ride, but Not Dependable
By Curt on 02/13/07 16:56 PM (PST)

2003 Oldsmobile Bravada Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I love the ride of this SUV, but I have taken it to the shop numerous times in the past 1 1/2 years for electrical problems. I am going to have to trade or sell it.

Love it!
By usedbuyer on 01/30/06 15:55 PM (PST)

2003 Oldsmobile Bravada AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We just purchased our new Bravada and I love it. I never thought I would own anything other than a Ford, but after this I want to get my hands on a 2004. The Bravada is a beautiful truck. It has a great ride and looks sporty! Too bad Oldsmobiles are gone I would gladly buy another (brand new not used).

'03 Olds Bravada
By fordde on 07/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Oldsmobile Bravada AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

After 27,000 miles the vehicle has no pick-up, engine races when you accelerate. The A/C has failed multiple times - but only when Ambient is greater 85 degrees. The rear window wiper rarely touches the glass. The windshield wiper malfunctioned dispensing a galln of fluid on the road while the vehicle was in motion... don't get this or it's cousin the trailblazer.

Bang for Your Buck?
By MICKY on 03/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Oldsmobile Bravada AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

The only negative review comment that I have is that Oldsmobile gave so many of the vehicles away that they did not hold their value like the Trailblazer. For Instance, an equally equiped Trailblazer will still bring in a Blue Book Trade-in of $24K where the Bravada will only bring in $20K. So if you are in the hunt to pick up a nice used trailblazer that is loaded up you will get the exact same vehicle under the hood and inside while saving a premium $4K.

I'd LOVE it, but!
By Annette Belz on 11/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Oldsmobile Bravada AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I really enjoy my Bravada, it's luxurious, comfortable, quiet, and RED! I have auto start & the heating system, etc., is great here in Alaska. BUT....I have had a little rattle that 5 visits to the dealer have not cured, which is very frustrating. This has been there since the car was almost new- -and it's only six months old now. VERY annoying and inconvenient. A car that costs this much should have NO vibrations, chirps, squeaks or rattles!