2002 Oldsmobile Bravada - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Bravada model:
great suv
By 3driver on 10/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Oldsmobile Bravada AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

A great truck, fun to drive, had some little things that needed repared.

A midsize SUV with a small foot print
By johdavl on 09/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Oldsmobile Bravada AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I originally was looking for a Tahoe or Yukon size vehicle, but gas mileage and garage size played heavily into the equation. I found a 2002 Bravada with every option (sunroof instead of LCD TV). The gas mileage (20-22 on the highway) is far better than a Tahoe would ever be and it tows boats very well. I pulled a Ski Natique a couple hundred miles and got 15-16 mpg. That's about what a Tahoe would do without a boat in tow and the Bravada fits in my garage!!

Very Poor Vehicle
By Vince U. on 08/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Oldsmobile Bravada AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This was my first SUV. I purchased it because I get discounts on GM vehicles. The problems I have had, greatly exceed the value of the discount. SUV died for no reason one week after purchase. GM couldn't figure out why and was only able to "fix it" by disengaging wires. GM admits this was a "temporary fix", but never did anything else. Security light is always on on the dash along with numerious others, rain sensor quit, rear wiper never goes back into harness, terrible knocking when making sharp turns and constant stalling issues are some of the problems that plague this vehicle. Can't wait to turn it in a buy an Explorer.

WHY OLDS???
By MIKE on 08/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

ONE OF THE BEST

N/A
By Kevin Mandrell on 08/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

This was a BIG mistake!

Ugh
By Judy on 07/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Oldsmobile Bravada AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This bravada is my first SUV. Talked my husband out of the Acura MDX due to price/american made. I have logged many hours in the service dept. as well. Problems: Paint job (2x) due to snow/salt in New England, pass. window won't go back up, air leak in pass door. I have had an accident in this truck - airbags did NOT inflate. I am seriously considering trading in - 3 recalls already on truck, one they won't fix until it DIES for no apparent reason?? Should've gone foreign...

Ode to Olds
By dbliss on 07/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Oldsmobile Bravada AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I will never understand why GM canned the Olds division. It was always my favorite. I turned in an ALero for a Bravada. Both are great cars. I didn't want an SUV at first but it drove like a car. It's sharp, sporty and versital. I love it!

I love my Bravada!!
By J.N. on 06/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Oldsmobile Bravada AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This is our first SUV. I was hesitant because I expected it to ride like a truck. It rides better than a car! Such a smooth, quiet ride. I feel so comfy in the soft leather seats. My co- workers always ask me to drive when we go to lunch because they love it too!

Excellent!!
By dlflyboy on 03/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Oldsmobile Bravada 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Bravada in Oct, 2002. Since, I have put 27,000 miles on it and the only problem I've had is the inside of the driver's door was starting to pop out. Had it fixed. The only time I'm in the service dept is when I'm there for an oil change,tire rotation and scheduled tune ups. My Bravada is very quite. No loud engine noise with mine (not sure why some of the other reviewers have loud ones). I've had suvs from German to Japanesse. I'd rate this as one of the best suvs I've owned.

Absolute Junk
By X Bravada Owner on 02/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Oldsmobile Bravada AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned over 40 vehicles, including 3 Bravadas. This is absolutely the worst vehicle I have ever owned. I bought it used with 8K miles on it and drove it for a year. I had nothing but trouble with it from day one, when the fiberglass fan disintegrated and took out the radiator. Little did I realize that this was the just the start of a long and meaningful relationship with my GM service department. Fortunately my dealer thought we were seeing a little too much of each other and worked with me to make me a fair deal on a Buick Rendezvous (great vehicle). I can see why GM dumped the line.