Used 2002 Oldsmobile Bravada Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Oldsmobile Bravada - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Bravada model:

about the air bags
By fladad

2002 Oldsmobile Bravada 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I am writing about the rear air suspension air bags. Just replaced mine at 91000 miles. Dealer wanted $744 not incl compressor. I had a truck shop that specializes in raising suspensions and custom jobs install them for $125..Now my Bravada doesnt hav sagging rear end anymore!

Power,Comfort and short turn radius.

Engine noise ridiculous high. Gas mileage poor

Bravada
By Ron Rottger

2002 Oldsmobile Bravada AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this vehicle used with 40,000m on it.Had it for almost 2 yrs and it's been a great ride. My 15yr old daughter will be getting it in 4 months for her car. Have not spent a dime on it other than 4 new tires and regular maint.Hope for it to last for 6 more yrs.

Ride and acceleration,awd feature,comfort

They don't make them anymore so improvements don't matter. If they did I would want a larger capacity fuel tank and do away with auto wipers

run away from this suv
By Cindy

2002 Oldsmobile Bravada AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this suv in 2004 with very little mileage I have had nothing but problems with it.. The idle arms have been replaced more than once very hard on the wheel barrings. I keep good maintenance but this was a lemon. I had to replace the door hinges and it cost me $1200 alone for that. The transmission going now... Have a short in the dash inside lights on dash when they want. My gas gauge also works when it wants to, the 4 wheel is going out of it. It would be easier to list what does work and what doesn't work or has needed replaced. My mechanic told me to get rid of it 2 years ago I had so much into it I thought for sure it would be ok I should of listened to him this suv is bad...

EVERYTHING

I love my Bravada
By CP

2002 Oldsmobile Bravada 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

New off the lot, thought i needed a new one until i started looking, the new 2009 SUV's are trash compared to my truck, apart from normal service, air con swith has gone twice,annoying in houston heat, the truck has cost nothingComfort of. But thats it. I have averaged 19.6 mpg and i drive stop and go commute. i love my silver girl.

comfort of seats, and it still has zip in the engine

whats with the problem on the air con switch, twice replaced? it will suddenly start blowing hot till it some how corrects itsself, driving over bumps sometimes helps. Needs to be replaced again, go figure it will be over 100 degrees this week.

Good, Reliable Vehicle
By kyleg001

2002 Oldsmobile Bravada AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I like this vehicle, I'm not a major SUV fan, but this one tops my chart. I have had some common issues; the front bumper does seem loose, and this is actually normal, due to the mounting design.The electric radiator fan clutch can stick, you can notice it, once it starts, and it will continue to stick and needs replacement.I had to replace suspension air springs (easy job) Cracked exhaust header, cover by warranty.Recall on lower control arms and air pump wire harness (GET THESE FIXED! change ball joints @ same time) Currently 90K miles bought new at 40k.Look out for transfer case issues on 4WD.Have had some road noise due to the front window upper door seals and positive inside pressure.

Heated seats, Driver/Passenger climate control,2 person position recall with keyless remote,Air suspension, straight six great for towing, easy fold seats

I've always loved Olds, very sad they are gone. . . . Well, back to Chevy