Used 2002 Oldsmobile Bravada Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Oldsmobile Bravada - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Bravada model:

Good Old Truck
By Jimmy1

2002 Oldsmobile Bravada AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We brought this truck 11/01 using the 0% financing incentive. It was our 6th Oldsmobile and we still own 5 of them. It has serve me well with no major repairs until around 150k miles when the fan clutch started getting noisy. Now at 215k I have spent a total of $4,975 on repairs. Still using second set of tires and on original brakes. We keep it serviced and minor issues repaired, and I still use it everyday and not afraid to travel any distance in it. When it had 125k miles I towed a trailer loaded with a 1960 Ford 4x4 pick-up from northern California to St.Louis, MO with no incidents. Note: in order to replace one of the heaters you have to pull the transmission (that's dumb).

Favorite Features

SUV mileage is great at 19.8 City/Highway and 25.6 on highway trips. Load leveling system is great since I use this as a truck quite often.

Suggested Improvements

Fix those stupid electric mirrors it bugs me when you change drivers.

The best I've driven new and used!
By Weeza71

2002 Oldsmobile Bravada AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We were shopping for a replacement for a conversion van and a small pickup. We tested many new vehicles and found the used 2002 Bravada with 37,000 miles on it was the best choice. It is a very classy sport utility that says I AM AN OLDSMOBILE. It is very capable of doing every job that needs to be done and still be fun and luxurious. We wanted it to use to carry additional passengers comfortably. We needed it to pull a utility trailer with a Large riding lawnmower. We needed better gas mileage for both around town and long trips. To me this is the total package. I'm sorry to see the Oldsmobile line go. I think GM should have scrapped the GMC line instead.

Favorite Features

AWD Smartrack System,The air ride suspension,Towing package,The Bose 6 disk cd stereo,Heated leather seats,Climate Control,Steering wheel controls for everything,Exterior and Interior Styling,Onstar.

Suggested Improvements

Side bolsters on the seats, More lumbar support. Better cupholders. Ability to unlock the passenger side door with a key.

Love my Bravada!
By LindaLou

2002 Oldsmobile Bravada AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I've been very happy with my Bravada. I think it looks like a more expensive car (Lexus?) and rides like a more expensive car (BMW?) I adore the DVD player for our daughter.

Favorite Features

DVD player, memory lock/driver keys, pickup/horsepower kicks butt, handles well, comfortable, quiet.

Suggested Improvements

Cupholder issue I'll agree with. Also I get an "AWD" message and nothing is ever wrong, a few times per year. Oh - the SEAT BELTS! Bad locating, they come over my neck. Located too high back.

Bravada
By Cheryl Tanneberger

2002 Oldsmobile Bravada AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

It's a great vehicle. It drives smoothly, is sharp, and has a great turning radius. It also is very comfortable.

Favorite Features

The body style is really nice. Driving behind it, it has a nice rear end and reflective lighting. It sits high enough and yet is not too low.

Suggested Improvements

The cup holders in the front seats are inconvenient. The shifter interferes with the the driver's side cup holder. Since they're not being built anymore, it can't be improved.

One of the best vehicles I've ever owned
By Asbhurner

2002 Oldsmobile Bravada AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I've owend foreign cars (e.g., Triumph, Fiat, BMW, Mercedes) and American cars (of many makes and models) and my 2002 Bravada is one the best vehicles I've ever owned. A joy to drive and own.

Favorite Features

- Style - Torque - Handline - Ride

Suggested Improvements

None