2002 Oldsmobile Bravada - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Bravada model:
One of the best vehicles I've ever owned
By Asbhurner on 04/30/05 11:43 AM (PDT)

2002 Oldsmobile Bravada AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I've owend foreign cars (e.g., Triumph, Fiat, BMW, Mercedes) and American cars (of many makes and models) and my 2002 Bravada is one the best vehicles I've ever owned. A joy to drive and own.

Bravada
By Cheryl Tanneberger on 03/09/07 06:24 AM (PST)

2002 Oldsmobile Bravada AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

It's a great vehicle. It drives smoothly, is sharp, and has a great turning radius. It also is very comfortable.

Love my Bravada!
By LindaLou on 11/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Oldsmobile Bravada AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I've been very happy with my Bravada. I think it looks like a more expensive car (Lexus?) and rides like a more expensive car (BMW?) I adore the DVD player for our daughter.

Good Old Truck
By Jimmy1 on 08/02/08 11:34 AM (PDT)

2002 Oldsmobile Bravada AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We brought this truck 11/01 using the 0% financing incentive. It was our 6th Oldsmobile and we still own 5 of them. It has serve me well with no major repairs until around 150k miles when the fan clutch started getting noisy. Now at 215k I have spent a total of $4,975 on repairs. Still using second set of tires and on original brakes. We keep it serviced and minor issues repaired, and I still use it everyday and not afraid to travel any distance in it. When it had 125k miles I towed a trailer loaded with a 1960 Ford 4x4 pick-up from northern California to St.Louis, MO with no incidents. Note: in order to replace one of the heaters you have to pull the transmission (that's dumb).

WHY DID YOU STOP
By M-M on 08/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Oldsmobile Bravada AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Excellent SUV, BEST BRAVADA made,2nd one I have leased,friends in past had earlier models, VERY Comfortable,Rides great,I get about 17 MILES PER GALLON WHICH IS ACCEPTABLE FOR THIS TYPE OF SUV, BUY AMERICAN LOVE THIS VEHICLE..

The best I've driven new and used!
By Weeza71 on 10/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Oldsmobile Bravada AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We were shopping for a replacement for a conversion van and a small pickup. We tested many new vehicles and found the used 2002 Bravada with 37,000 miles on it was the best choice. It is a very classy sport utility that says I AM AN OLDSMOBILE. It is very capable of doing every job that needs to be done and still be fun and luxurious. We wanted it to use to carry additional passengers comfortably. We needed it to pull a utility trailer with a Large riding lawnmower. We needed better gas mileage for both around town and long trips. To me this is the total package. I'm sorry to see the Oldsmobile line go. I think GM should have scrapped the GMC line instead.

Brilliant Bravada
By JP on 02/26/07 18:06 PM (PST)

2002 Oldsmobile Bravada AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned the car since 2004 - I purchased it from CarMax with 24,000 miles on it and now have 60,000. I've haven't had single problem with the vehicle. I've kept up with regular maintenance. It's been a remarkably safe, reliable, and strong vehicle. The exterior looks like new. I haven't used it to tow anything, however, it has a strong engine that will move quickly at all speed ranges. It's great on snow and gravel roads. I haven't taken it off road, but in 6 inch mud it crawls along fine. I wish Olds didn't fold - they are the highest quality GM make aside from Cadillac in my eyes.

This Car is GREAT!!!!
By luckymrg on 02/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Oldsmobile Bravada AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This has got to be one of the nicest suv's I have ever had the pleasure of driving. I like it so much I am looking to buy second one for my wife.

WOW!!! READ THIS
By kim b on 09/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Oldsmobile Bravada AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

In my case the dealer that warranties my bravada is also the dealer I bought it from.You people that are having problems with servicing/warranty issues,did you buy it from the dealer that you asked to warranty it? if not,why not.my suggestion,bring it back to where you bought it,if that is too far to go,then why did you drive that far in the first place to buy it?why not check out dealers reputation for service BEFORE you buy.I didn't travel 100+ miles to buy it for a few hundred dollars less then try to dump the warranty problems on the dealer down the street just because he's closer.if this is your case then you got what you paid for.

An overall excellent SUV
By River Ratster on 12/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Oldsmobile Bravada AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

A very attractively designed vehicle. The overall comfort and ride is vastly improved over the mid-1990's GM SUV's of which I owned one. My experience on reliability for this vehicle has been excellent. The selection of options at time of purchase, in my opinion, was more flexible and superior to many of the competing foreign makes. It is unfortunate that the Oldsmobile division of GM is being discontinued. I recently purchased a new 2004 Bravada.