2001 Oldsmobile Bravada - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.3L V6 AWD 4-speed Automatic - (17 reviews )
will keep until body falls off
By chiefsmds on 01/28/13 16:49 PM (PST)

2001 Oldsmobile Bravada AWD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought mine two years old. I have had 8years now. very little maintence ever needed. had to change fuel pump and both front wheel bearings but those are common for gm products. I wish it could get better mpg {15} but its a beast here in ohio winters. never gets stuck or never any troubles driving on icy roads. I have pulled a loaded car trailer without any troubles. I love this vehicle. I will keep for ever.

good buy
By OldsKing on 08/26/10 01:17 AM (PDT)

2001 Oldsmobile Bravada AWD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

i Purchased my 2001 bravada with 101,000 miles not too long ago and Boy am i happy!, other than a few squeaks when hitting a bump man is this thing nice, power everything Moonroof, its a college kids dream, not to mention i have a sound system that is certified at 153DBs at the headrests from two FI BTL 18's, this SUV takes the abuse like a champ, i would recommend this suv to anyone needing a reliable daily driver, little laggy on acceleration, but overall the smartrak is an awesome feature, this is my 2nd bravada (1996) which drive through 198,000 before cash 4 clunkering it, and it was still going strong, i look forward to having this SUV for many years into the future

Danny
By Danny on 11/29/09 13:41 PM (PST)

2001 Oldsmobile Bravada AWD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Bravada used with 55K miles on it. I enjoyed driving it. My complaints concern problems with electric system, in that various warning lights come on for no reason, especially the "ck all wheel drive" light and the "check engine light". It is fine to drive in winter but, even with all wheel drive, I wish I had not bought it.

Best SUV EVERRRR
By jxmlt on 08/26/09 09:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Oldsmobile Bravada AWD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

This SUV is by far the best truck ever. Unlike some of the others on here I have not had to put lots of money in to the truck nor have I had to replace anything other than normal maintenance. Again some of the reviews that have been posted I would like to say to the commenters, Oldsmobile got bought out they still made Bravadas after they were bought out. This truck is not for everyone honestly. It is the luxury model of the Jimmy & Blazer, if you do not care for those trucks you will not love the Bravada either. If you take car of your car and don't beat it to crap you should not have any of these problems.

Not my fave
By Paula on 01/24/09 15:54 PM (PST)

2001 Oldsmobile Bravada AWD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I only owned my Bravada 18 months because we had to frequently replace the ignition sensor. Fortunately the warranty covered it so I only had to pay the deductible. We had bought other used cars from the dealer and decided to trade it in. We really didn't want to have it go out again (that would be the 4th time) and it would have quaified for the Missouri lemon law.

Smart track? I call it stupid track
By Jim on 12/05/08 16:53 PM (PST)

2001 Oldsmobile Bravada AWD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a n01 Bravada from a dealer for around 8 grand. Great motor no troubles at all in that department. But the smart track is junk. Always in 4wd. Tore up a lot of tires.They became the slip. Cost alot to have fixed. Better off changing the transfer case which runs about 3 grand

Very Nice SUV!!!!
By Craige on 06/01/08 18:20 PM (PDT)

2001 Oldsmobile Bravada AWD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

This has been a great vehicle, very dependable only expenses has been tires,and tune ups little else has gone wrong. Very comfortable to drive. SmartTrack is great for winter driving. Sound system still sounds great!! Paint and Interior still looks like new.

A good value
By JBP on 05/15/08 07:15 AM (PDT)

2001 Oldsmobile Bravada AWD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

It would be hard to beat this vehicle for the price. We had always driven Subarus and Hondas before buying the Olds. It has had more problems than the Hondas but not the Subaru. None of the problems have been major but have been annoying, like a latch for the back window that has had to be replaced twice and a plaster cover for the window/lock buttons that came off. With 80k-plus miles on it has been very reliable (with consistent oil changes and so on). Frankly, we expected to have more repair expenses with it because of the reviews we'd seen but went with it because we thought the purchase price was great.

Stay away
By A real waste on 03/02/08 07:59 AM (PST)

2001 Oldsmobile Bravada AWD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car new, at the time when olds was thinking of discontinuing the line. From year four (after the warranty - mileage over)to present, it has cost me $5K to $7K per year in repairs. It is a sink hole. Everything from not starting when it feels like it to not being able to turn the wheel without major vibrations. Everything was changed. I should have given up a long time ago.

Good, could be better
By Matt on 09/24/07 16:23 PM (PDT)

2001 Oldsmobile Bravada AWD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned this vehicle for a year now and I like it, a lot! The truck rides very nice and handles well, the interior fit and finish is typical GM business, bad. Doors squeak over rough pavement. I really like the front seats, extremely comfy. Power is decent and I average 18 mpg in town. The transmission shifts smoothly. So far I have 102000 miles on it and I love the way it feels. Not as off road ready as I like, and interior quality is poor, but overall, very good buy. You won't be dissappointed.