Used 2001 Oldsmobile Bravada Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Oldsmobile Bravada - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.3L V6 AWD 4-speed Automatic - (17 reviews )

will keep until body falls off
By chiefsmds

2001 Oldsmobile Bravada AWD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought mine two years old. I have had 8years now. very little maintence ever needed. had to change fuel pump and both front wheel bearings but those are common for gm products. I wish it could get better mpg {15} but its a beast here in ohio winters. never gets stuck or never any troubles driving on icy roads. I have pulled a loaded car trailer without any troubles. I love this vehicle. I will keep for ever.

loaded with all options and everything has worked perfect for years now!!!!

mpg

good buy
By OldsKing

2001 Oldsmobile Bravada AWD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

i Purchased my 2001 bravada with 101,000 miles not too long ago and Boy am i happy!, other than a few squeaks when hitting a bump man is this thing nice, power everything Moonroof, its a college kids dream, not to mention i have a sound system that is certified at 153DBs at the headrests from two FI BTL 18's, this SUV takes the abuse like a champ, i would recommend this suv to anyone needing a reliable daily driver, little laggy on acceleration, but overall the smartrak is an awesome feature, this is my 2nd bravada (1996) which drive through 198,000 before cash 4 clunkering it, and it was still going strong, i look forward to having this SUV for many years into the future

sunroof, power heated mirrors smartrak nice soft seats good ride height

gas mileage 300 miles per tank is a little on the low end but I'll take the luxury

Danny
By Danny

2001 Oldsmobile Bravada AWD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Bravada used with 55K miles on it. I enjoyed driving it. My complaints concern problems with electric system, in that various warning lights come on for no reason, especially the "ck all wheel drive" light and the "check engine light". It is fine to drive in winter but, even with all wheel drive, I wish I had not bought it.

Leather seats. All wheel drive. Drive comfort

FIX THE ELECTRONICS

Best SUV EVERRRR
By jxmlt

2001 Oldsmobile Bravada AWD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

This SUV is by far the best truck ever. Unlike some of the others on here I have not had to put lots of money in to the truck nor have I had to replace anything other than normal maintenance. Again some of the reviews that have been posted I would like to say to the commenters, Oldsmobile got bought out they still made Bravadas after they were bought out. This truck is not for everyone honestly. It is the luxury model of the Jimmy & Blazer, if you do not care for those trucks you will not love the Bravada either. If you take car of your car and don't beat it to crap you should not have any of these problems.

Very comfortable seats! Smoooth ride.

Not my fave
By Paula

2001 Oldsmobile Bravada AWD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I only owned my Bravada 18 months because we had to frequently replace the ignition sensor. Fortunately the warranty covered it so I only had to pay the deductible. We had bought other used cars from the dealer and decided to trade it in. We really didn't want to have it go out again (that would be the 4th time) and it would have quaified for the Missouri lemon law.

Loved the heated leather seats in the winter, moon roof and 6 disc CD changer. And the Bose stereo system rocked!

Replace or recall the sensor to prevent other reviews like this.