2000 Oldsmobile Bravada - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.3L V6 AWD 4-speed Automatic - (47 reviews )
Dad's Work Horse
By John Helmke on 10/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Oldsmobile Bravada 4dr SUV AWD

Beats all three Cadillacs I drove before. In fact it feels more like a Cadillac than they did. I like the "command" seating position. My wife loves the heated seats. A year ago when my mother moved into a nursing home we loaded as much of her stuff into a 12 foot UHall trailer and made the 400 mile trip home without incident. My only "complaint" is the gas mileage with the out of control price rise. In the city I get 16 on the road 21 which is about what I expected and considering what I am getting well worth the price. But the $2.25/gallon gas is getting me. We are driving my wife's 04 Impala and getting 31.25 mpg without holding back on the horses. Another Impala is looking attractive.

WOULD BUY THIS ALL OVER AGAIN!
By Sheri on 05/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Oldsmobile Bravada 4dr SUV AWD

The Oldsmobile Bravada is dependable, comfortable and wonderful for trips. We have enjoyed the luxury of this exceptional vehicle. I would buy another just like it any time.

If you see one for sale....run!!!
By pamster on 04/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Oldsmobile Bravada 4dr SUV AWD

This is our second Bravado. We thought the first one ('98) was a fluke with all the troubles we had. No such luck. The '00 Bravada Platinum is the biggest peice of crap ever! Everything seems to go to hell after 50,000 miles. The front end has been completely rebuilt now, and we're being told the transmission may have problems. Junk, pure and simple.

Poor choice
By Lauralita on 03/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Oldsmobile Bravada 4dr SUV AWD

I live near Lansing, MI where olds is touted as the king of GM... it's the luxury priced mid- size SUV with luxury priced repair bills. I've spent over $2000 in repairs. I still have to replace gas gauge sensor, weather stripping/seal. At 62,000 mi, the transmission was rebuit to the tune of over $1000, at my cost. I've never been in an accident or in the ditch, yet had to replace both front wheel bearings. 3 months after the tranny went bad, yet another expensive gas fuel senser went bad.... sorry...but I've had it with this one...poor investment for a $38,000 vehicle.

mybravada
By alangil on 01/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Oldsmobile Bravada 4dr SUV AWD

I Love this suv, the all wheel drive is better most high end system like , lexus,bmw,mer,. it is a true wheel drive suv, no one wheel driving the front and rear wheel. the ride is smooth. had no trouble so far.

Poor Quality Brakes & Poor Customer Svc
By jetpilot on 10/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Oldsmobile Bravada 4dr SUV AWD

My Vehicle has just over 40,000 as well as a friends 2000 Bravada and we both have to replace brake rotors that are decintegrating. GM used poor quality bi-metal brake rotors that quickly rust in between metal layers causing the outer layers to separate and bad pulsing in the brakes. This rotors come from factory at their minimum thickness and can not be turned. Customer service denies any problem and totally unwilling to assist. Just ask your local Midas how many they've seen.

luv the Olds
By C Tivey on 09/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Oldsmobile Bravada 4dr SUV AWD

great handling, smooth power, tight body, good looks very usuable space, well thought out vehicle! I know it's a jazzed up Blazer, but has more class and looks and is that much differant with smarttrac to boot. Great family vehicle without getting a monster suv.

Love My Bravada
By debsbravada on 08/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Oldsmobile Bravada 4dr SUV AWD

I love this car. I shopped around for a new car this year (2003) and couldn't fine a vehicle in its class that could compare. I like the looks inside and out. Handles better than the newer SUVs that have replaced it around corners. Plush interior stays clean and looks brand new 3 years later. Have had minor problems, but were all fixed by Dealer under warranty so who cares!

Good Car for the price
By Javier on 12/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Oldsmobile Bravada 4dr SUV AWD

Nice car for the money but the styling is a little outdated

so so
By Rylee on 10/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Oldsmobile Bravada 4dr SUV AWD

I have wo main issues with this Bravada: 1)The turning radius is quite large for a smaller suv. Don't like it. 2) The exterior desiegn with all the molded rounded corners make washing it difficult. It is always a 2 time wash over. On the flip side, the interior is very comfortable, easy to reach for us shorter people and has a good sound system. Wish resale was better!! need to sell and hard to a find buyer, and trade in is terrible.