Used 2000 Oldsmobile Bravada Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Oldsmobile Bravada - Consumer Reviews

2000 Oldsmobile Bravada

Base 4.3L V6 AWD 4-speed Automatic - (47 reviews )

Headache
By Cindy

2000 Oldsmobile Bravada 4dr SUV AWD

I go through wheel bearings every year on this. The gas gauge has not worked since it had 65,000 miles. At 70,000 miles the door hinges needed replaced over $500 for that. Now at 94,000 miles the 4 wheel drive is not working. This vehicle has cost me nothing but money. I would not recommend it at all. Numerous other small things has gone wrong with it. and i keep it well maintained and i still have nothing but problems with it.

Suggested Improvements

don't buy one!

Bravada Fan
By Bill from NJ

2000 Oldsmobile Bravada 4dr SUV AWD

I have enjoyed my Bravada since the day I bought it. I bought it with 23000 miles approximately and it now has 60000 miles on it 6 years later. I love this car.

Favorite Features

It is an all out beast in 4 wheel mode and you can't even feel the transition. I look forward to every snowfall.

Suggested Improvements

It is a shame they stopped making these babies, my only improvement would have been to have a 4 wheel button to be able to manually switch.

Oldsmobile Bravada 4.3 AWD
By Pawel

2000 Oldsmobile Bravada 4dr SUV AWD

I've had ups and downs with this car. I love the car because of all the memories I have had with it. It actually has help up pretty well I guess you can say. But the quality of this car. I have to say GM did a very poor job. I have had to replace so many things on this car, it was probably not even worth it. I could of probably paid off another car with that money. the most stupid feature that I hate is the air pump that apparently is defective in all Blazers and Bravada models 96-01.

Favorite Features

Heated seats, fog lights, keyless entry, roof rack, decent HP, and sunroof

Suggested Improvements

Quality. Cheap parts, and stupid components like the air pump. Gas mileage and something to hold down objects in the cargo area.

Don't Buy It
By Jery

2000 Oldsmobile Bravada 4dr SUV AWD

Bought the vehicle for my wife with 36,000 miles on it, and all I can say is thank God for the extended warranty. The all wheel drive started acting up soon after we got it. I have had to replace the whole front end, rear leaf springs, differential seals, crank seals, and they still can't figure out what is wrong with the electrical system or the A/C system. I have always been a GM guy but I must say if they keep building them like this I may have to switch. Looking forward to getting rid of this lemon. Take my word on this don't ever buy one of these SUVs. This thing also sucks down the gas, I get better economy out of my full size pick up truck.

Favorite Features

Heated seats

Suggested Improvements

The whole truck

Perform maintenance and it will be fine
By slik056

2000 Oldsmobile Bravada 4dr SUV AWD

Vehicle drives nice, some interior creaks from the back when off-roading. Purchased used with 66,000 miles, still running great. Maintain these like the owner's manual says and it should last you a long time. You need to change transmission fluid at least every 50k miles, as stated in the manual. You also need to have the chassis greased every 10k or so to prevent front end repairs (balljoints, steering joints, etc.). Most people ignore the maintenance schedule, then complain when things break. Every GM vehicle I have owned has had over 200k and ran fine when I sold them, proper care of vehicles makes all the difference. Read and follow maintenance schedules!

Favorite Features

AWD and locking differential is great in the snow. Very comfortable seats.

Suggested Improvements

Could use a bit more horsepower for this vehicle, it's a bit heavy.