Used 2000 Oldsmobile Bravada SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Oldsmobile Bravada - Consumer Reviews

2000 Oldsmobile Bravada SUV

Base 4.3L V6 AWD 4-speed Automatic - (47 reviews )

Not so good
By kenb268

2000 Oldsmobile Bravada SUV 4dr SUV AWD

Having own mostly GM vehicles Chevy Cavalier and S10 PU was very disapointed in this vehicle constanliy repairing vehicler new hubs upper and lower ball joints about 80,000 miles at about $12000.00 to fix parts and labor (GM)encoder sensor and crossmember beam that had rotted out about $1000. to fiz (GM) Raditior blower moter for heater and ac went $$200.00 fixed myself.Wouln'd use aftermarket parts. Raditor went after 1st year no warranty had it fixed at dealer about $500.00. Had tp replace fuel pump 3 times after original wnet (again don't use cheap aftermarket parts better off with brand names.they were covered under warranty Amen still cost about $800 for replacing the 3.

Favorite Features

Auto headlights feature ,auto climate controll sterring whell controlls for stero and cruise controll trailer hitch towing pkg for that particular vehicle

Suggested Improvements

To better durability better gas milage

Terrific Used Car Purchase! Really Impressed!
By keltam2

2000 Oldsmobile Bravada SUV 4dr SUV AWD

I bought my 2000 Bravada used in the winter of 2008 with 65,000 miles, and was terrified about all the bad reviews I'd read. Luckily this has been one of the most reliable cars I've ever owned - I replaced the ABS on one of the wheels a few weeks ago. Other than that, its just been routine maintenance! My recommendation - try one out for yourself. I think it all depends on the vehicle. Mine has been terrific to drive - in snow and rain, and has cargo space like crazy! Wish it got better gas mileage but I can't think of any other complaints! It's such a fun car to drive and own!

Favorite Features

Spacious interior - heated seats - radio controls on the steering wheel - tons of storage space

Ups and Downs
By Jay N. Houston

2000 Oldsmobile Bravada SUV 4dr SUV AWD

I won't say this was worst car I have ever purchased. I purchased in 2007 finished my last payment January 2010. And no problems while i was making payments. As soon as i paid it off, the fuel pump went. No problems, a friend helped me change it, i was back on the rode. Then in Feb. the Radiator busted on the highway. No problems, got it fixed. Then in April, the CV Joint broke, its good it broke as soon as i got home. fixed, abs broke, when CV broke. and i didn't know that you have to replace arms as well. And no one new that the wheel bearings were bad. so this year along I've paid $1545 in repairs. I just have small things to fix. Other then that its a good vehicle.

Favorite Features

AWD and Tow, this vehicle towed a u-haul trailer 7 hours no problems. Great tow.

Suggested Improvements

No suggestions, since olds isn't produced any more.

Bravada number one
By charlie roshon

2000 Oldsmobile Bravada SUV 4dr SUV AWD

I bought my 2000 bravada in 2008 with 89,000 miles on it. I never thought that I could love a vehicle so much. So much fun to drive. You feel cool driving it. Decently quiet automobile. A few squeaking interior parts but have not had one single problem with this vehicle. The gas Gage was broken when purchased. The doors sag a little on the driver and passenger side, but its 10 years + old. Give it a break. Gets through snow like a charm. Never been stuck. Even did a little mudding with no problems. Road noise is there but not unbearable. Plenty of cargo space. And the awd on mine jerks when I turn to sharp which is very anoying but mine is the only one I've heard of that does it. Awesome truck

Favorite Features

cargo room. sharp looking truck. awesome interior and great for a sound system and double din touch screen cd player. very sound vehicle. just have to take care of it and it will last forever. wont ever get rid of mine.

Suggested Improvements

not an easily customizable exterior. but it doesn't need it for the most part. terrible jerking when awd kicks in when turning to sharp or pulling into parking spots. i wish mine sat up a little higher.

Money Pit
By Money Pit

2000 Oldsmobile Bravada SUV 4dr SUV AWD

I bought this from a bank repo. It was pristene with 39k miles. First year had to replace the ball joints, pitman arm and idler arm. Figured poor maintenance by previous owner. AWD started to chatter, serviced at dealership, along with shocks $1300. Wiper pump shot ($16). Fixed it myself. Catalytic Conv ($550) AWD malfunction, shift motor and sensors ($1400). 86k miles, transmission out with no hint of trouble ($2000). Door hinges @ 60k ($500,)MPG about 16 on the highway, 8 in town. Brake service about once a year ($400). Defrost malfunction last 2 years ($100 x 2) Starter ($600). I've had to repair things on this vehicle that I've never had to repair on any other vehicle I've owned. Unreliable.

Favorite Features

heated seats

Suggested Improvements

Well, bailing out GM for making trash autos is certainly not one of my suggestions.