2000 Oldsmobile Bravada - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.3L V6 AWD 4-speed Automatic - (0 review )
Not so good
By kenb268 on 12/05/11 04:36 AM (PST)

2000 Oldsmobile Bravada 4dr SUV AWD

Having own mostly GM vehicles Chevy Cavalier and S10 PU was very disapointed in this vehicle constanliy repairing vehicler new hubs upper and lower ball joints about 80,000 miles at about $12000.00 to fix parts and labor (GM)encoder sensor and crossmember beam that had rotted out about $1000. to fiz (GM) Raditior blower moter for heater and ac went $$200.00 fixed myself.Wouln'd use aftermarket parts. Raditor went after 1st year no warranty had it fixed at dealer about $500.00. Had tp replace fuel pump 3 times after original wnet (again don't use cheap aftermarket parts better off with brand names.they were covered under warranty Amen still cost about $800 for replacing the 3.

Terrific Used Car Purchase! Really Impressed!
By keltam2 on 09/01/11 13:55 PM (PDT)

2000 Oldsmobile Bravada 4dr SUV AWD

I bought my 2000 Bravada used in the winter of 2008 with 65,000 miles, and was terrified about all the bad reviews I'd read. Luckily this has been one of the most reliable cars I've ever owned - I replaced the ABS on one of the wheels a few weeks ago. Other than that, its just been routine maintenance! My recommendation - try one out for yourself. I think it all depends on the vehicle. Mine has been terrific to drive - in snow and rain, and has cargo space like crazy! Wish it got better gas mileage but I can't think of any other complaints! It's such a fun car to drive and own!

Ups and Downs
By Jay N. Houston on 08/02/10 22:17 PM (PDT)

2000 Oldsmobile Bravada 4dr SUV AWD

I won't say this was worst car I have ever purchased. I purchased in 2007 finished my last payment January 2010. And no problems while i was making payments. As soon as i paid it off, the fuel pump went. No problems, a friend helped me change it, i was back on the rode. Then in Feb. the Radiator busted on the highway. No problems, got it fixed. Then in April, the CV Joint broke, its good it broke as soon as i got home. fixed, abs broke, when CV broke. and i didn't know that you have to replace arms as well. And no one new that the wheel bearings were bad. so this year along I've paid $1545 in repairs. I just have small things to fix. Other then that its a good vehicle.

Bravada number one
By charlie roshon on 06/21/10 23:32 PM (PDT)

2000 Oldsmobile Bravada 4dr SUV AWD

I bought my 2000 bravada in 2008 with 89,000 miles on it. I never thought that I could love a vehicle so much. So much fun to drive. You feel cool driving it. Decently quiet automobile. A few squeaking interior parts but have not had one single problem with this vehicle. The gas Gage was broken when purchased. The doors sag a little on the driver and passenger side, but its 10 years + old. Give it a break. Gets through snow like a charm. Never been stuck. Even did a little mudding with no problems. Road noise is there but not unbearable. Plenty of cargo space. And the awd on mine jerks when I turn to sharp which is very anoying but mine is the only one I've heard of that does it. Awesome truck

Money Pit
By Money Pit on 03/08/10 10:56 AM (PST)

2000 Oldsmobile Bravada 4dr SUV AWD

I bought this from a bank repo. It was pristene with 39k miles. First year had to replace the ball joints, pitman arm and idler arm. Figured poor maintenance by previous owner. AWD started to chatter, serviced at dealership, along with shocks $1300. Wiper pump shot ($16). Fixed it myself. Catalytic Conv ($550) AWD malfunction, shift motor and sensors ($1400). 86k miles, transmission out with no hint of trouble ($2000). Door hinges @ 60k ($500,)MPG about 16 on the highway, 8 in town. Brake service about once a year ($400). Defrost malfunction last 2 years ($100 x 2) Starter ($600). I've had to repair things on this vehicle that I've never had to repair on any other vehicle I've owned. Unreliable.

no no no dont buy this car
By oliver liebermann on 02/16/10 21:29 PM (PST)

2000 Oldsmobile Bravada 4dr SUV AWD

500 miles passed warranty my transmission went bad. Then the sungear went bad. wheel bearing went bad. Had to replace the computer. worst vehicle ive ever owned

Junk
By Jacob on 11/26/09 06:32 AM (PST)

2000 Oldsmobile Bravada 4dr SUV AWD

I bought this truck with only 60,000 miles on it and of only owning it for 3 months the starter, the fuel injectors, all the lights, and my turn signal swith went out on me. This has been the only and last GM product i will ever own. Love my FORD

Dad Sold Me a Lemon!
By Maeve on 11/03/09 12:10 PM (PST)

2000 Oldsmobile Bravada 4dr SUV AWD

I know he didn't mean to, but it's been one headache after another with this one! Fuel injection, brake lines, fuel lines, alternator, ball joints and the transfer case may be next - all with less than 50,000 miles on it (I work close to home and don't take lots of trips so the mileage on this is EXCEPTIONALLY LOW)! When it's running properly, it IS fun to drive, it makes New England winters a breeze in the snow and ice. Thank Goddess I live next door to my auto mechanic, I've been keeping him very busy. My only hope at this point is "Bank of Dad" will "write off" the loan on this vehicle till he's ready to sell me his new Cadillac!

Glad to still be alive
By Sam on 07/20/09 19:18 PM (PDT)

2000 Oldsmobile Bravada 4dr SUV AWD

I owned this car for one year, lost brakes and ended in a ditch. The car had 70000 miles only. Checked the car. The frame was corroded. Factory undercoating was ridiculous and was not existing anymore (thinner than onion skin). The brake lines were badly corroded, and broken under the rear, driver side door, over the frame and below the cabin. Totaled the car.

Loaded Winter Beater
By Matt on 01/18/09 18:41 PM (PST)

2000 Oldsmobile Bravada 4dr SUV AWD

Bought this truck with 150K for $3000. Didn't want anything this loaded but the price was right. The only thing I have done is change the tranny fluid/filter. Driver window just went out and the CD changer never worked. So far it has been great in the winter. I love how the AWD doesn't require any driver input. This can hold a lot of cargo. I once fit 35 large PC's in back. Interior is laid out nicely with the exception of the CD changer which eats up the console. There are plenty of squeaks and rattles but it is 9 years old with 153K miles. I get around 16MPG on dry pavement but mileage drops a bit when the AWD is being used a lot. The heated seats are a blessing in the cold PA winters.

1 2 3 4 5 next »