Used 1999 Oldsmobile Bravada SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Oldsmobile Bravada SUV - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.3L V6 AWD 4-speed Automatic - (28 reviews )

Missing My Bravada!
By pinsey

1999 Oldsmobile Bravada SUV 4dr SUV AWD

My Bravada was a 1999. I bought it in 2003 and just sold it with only 125,000 miles on it. Now, I wish I would've held onto it. But, we have two other vehicles to drive, and one had to be sold. My 1999 Bravada was the best. I must have loaded over 1,000 bags of groceries, and 800 bags of soil and mulch over the years. Transported furniture and plants, and never had one problem. Loved the heated seats and AWD, especially here in Minnesota with our rough winters. When I bought the car it only had 27,000 miles on it. Loved the sunroof and leather seats. Great car. Wish they still made them. Miss "Oldsmobile".

Completely "loaded" vehicle.

DO NOT BUY!!!!
By mts111

1999 Oldsmobile Bravada SUV 4dr SUV AWD

I got this vehicle used with 105,000 miles on it because I needed a vehicle that was AWD or 4WD. The first time I drove it in bad weather the AWD Smarttrack system wouldn't work so the vehicle was basically a RWD vehicle. About 3 weeks later I went out to start the vehicle and the vehicle was dead and I had to have it toed to a garage and fixed. I have only had this vehicle for about 1,500 miles and have already had 2 major problems with it. I would not suggest buying this vehicle, you will put way to much money into it and not get much out of it. Spend the extra money and buy a Honda, Ford, or Toyota that will last you forever.

Bought new now at 158,000
By jon_ledeaux

1999 Oldsmobile Bravada SUV 4dr SUV AWD

The leather seats are luxurious and the stereo just plain rocks! The V6 and auto with overdrive deliver plenty of get up and go, the automatic AWD is great since we live in the mountains and winter always delivers ice and snow. The handling is rock solid. The ABS system has saved at least one life, an idiot had spun out and was walking in the oncoming traffic lane in a blind curve, I couldn't have missed him, I sounded my horn and he froze like a deer in the headlights, the ABS stopped 15 feet short of [violative content deleted].

The automatic four wheel drive is very convenient, no locking in hubs and engaging the transfer box. The ABS is a life saver, it really works as advertised! The stereo in the Bravada just plain ROX! The leather seats with the drivers side two position memory snuggle you in comfort on long hauls. The V6 does well on the highway, keeping the air filter changed out, and the use of flame injectors, along with regular visits to our mechanic to keep it in tip top tune result in just over 21 mpg on the highway, and 18 mpg in city driving. The aircraft style overhead map lights are quite handy, the paint hasn't faded, everything still works as it should.

GM really should have recalled the Bravada over the defective Climate Control System. The Climate Control Switch is a weak link, we had ours changed last December, when we switched from heat to air the mechanic had to again change the switch, guess where the Bravada is now? That's right, at the shop, getting the climate control switch replaced, again. Luckily the repair is covered by a warranty on the switch and the mechanic is only charging 1/2 his normal rate because he's a little embarrassed about the problem returning. We may change to manual switching for the heater doors (the old pull type) and a hot water cut off for warm weather when the AC is in play. This is common ...GM?

1999 Olds Bravada.... Still love it!
By pinsey

1999 Oldsmobile Bravada SUV 4dr SUV AWD

I bought this vehicle back in 2004. I have 110,000 miles on it. Heated seats, sunroof, leather interior, all the upgrades imaginable. I have never gotten tired of that beautiful burgundy color., stereo... the works! It is the most comfortable vehicle our family has ever owned. Still drives great. Very minimal problems compared to cars of the past. One of the best purchases we've ever made. This was my first SUV. I could never go back to driving a regular sedan. We're seniors now. We like it better than our new Mazda 3.

Sunroof, Fastrack., a/c. tinted windows, leather interior, Every upgrade imaginable.

Sometimes the under-carriage makes a funny rubbing noise. Have had it checked out, they couldn't hear it, or see any problems.

I Love my Bravada
By Tom Pulmano

1999 Oldsmobile Bravada SUV 4dr SUV AWD

I bought my Bravada in 2004 with about 84000 miles and now she has 158,000 on the clock. Over the past 5 years I have had to put some money into her but nothing that I would consider outside the ordinary maintenance. Luckily I have a personnel mechanic that has made many repairs to the vehicle at @ 40% less than what it would cost at a dealer. Every time I want to trade her in the vehicle gives me this soulful look and I give in and hang on to her a little bit longer. I am very attached to this car but I know some day we will have to part ways. I would like to hold on to her until she reaches her 200K birthday.

Some of favorite features are the smart track, heated seats, tow-package and her handling on the open road

None that I can think of