1998 Oldsmobile Bravada - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.3L V6 AWD 4-speed Automatic - (16 reviews )
Not a bad college car
By collegebravada on 10/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Oldsmobile Bravada 4dr SUV AWD

I feel safe driving the bravada with the awd. I have never lost control, even when i had a blowout on the interstate going 75. The only problems I have had are the plastic levers on the passenger seat has broken and the battery was bad and leaked acid.

Reliability, Performance & Comfort
By Michael S. Krupka on 09/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Oldsmobile Bravada 4dr SUV AWD

I have owned my dark green Oldsmobile Bravada for 3 1/2 years. It has run flawlessly and is driven over 100 miles each day. I currently have 80k miles on the vehicle. I have an average fuel economy of 20.1 mi/gallon using 87 Ron fuel. This vehicle is secure and comfortable and will be tough to replace. I have used synthetic oil and performed all necessary routine maintenance including transakle and rear differential fluid changes, transmission service and brake fluid flush. The vehicle has the original brake oads and rotors.

Good Vehicle for the $$$
By castledevcon on 09/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Oldsmobile Bravada 4dr SUV AWD

I own a '91 and a '98 Bravada. Both have been very reliable. You get a lot of vehicle for you dollar in comparison to many other SUV's. It rides better than most true SUVs and the AWD is great for inclimate weather.

think again
By johnhilbert on 09/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Oldsmobile Bravada 4dr SUV AWD

bought it with under 30k miles have replace ignition swt,fuel pump,transmision,water pump, brakes needs passenger seat handel repaired i thought i was buying quality think again

will make you worry
By charming on 09/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Oldsmobile Bravada 4dr SUV AWD

rough ride,shakes a lot. bad

Midsized Luxury
By Pharm96 on 02/27/02 23:34 PM (PST)

1998 Oldsmobile Bravada 4dr SUV AWD

It is an excellent midsized SUV with all of the bells and whistles. The Bravada handles incredibly well in virtually all types of weather. I've driven it in hard, driving rain storms and in the snow and ice and have never felt insecure or out of control in this vehicle. Another big plus is the gas mileage -- it averages about 19 miles per gallon. My Bravada has 94K miles and still runs like a top!