1998 Oldsmobile Bravada Consumer Review: 1998 Oldsmobile Bravada

1998 Oldsmobile Bravada - Consumer Review

Base 4dr SUV (4.3L V6 AWD 4-speed Automatic)

1998 Oldsmobile Bravada
By mds on

1998 Oldsmobile Bravada 4dr SUV AWD

I have loved the ablility that my 1998 Oldsmobile Bravada has. The AWD system is awesome, in all weather, and since I live out in the country 40 miles from work, they always know I will be there. I also have pulled my husband's 1-ton pickup out several times when stuck, usually including a horse trailer or full water tank behind him! This vehicle has had it's problems though. The multi-function switch is awful, (blinker, cruise, lights, wipers) if one thing breaks the whole thing has to be replaced and it is very expensive. The serpentine belt, fuel pump and water pump have been other problems. This truck's gas milage is also not very good, which is especially irritating with gas prices this high! Also, I don't like the fact that you can't put a car seat in the center back. It must be on the side.

Favorite Features

I love the heated seats, cargo room, AWD, and moonroof.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the o multi-function switch. Provide more leg room for the driver, I have to sit with my leg sideways because the floorboard curves in. Make the backseat so that a car seat can go in the middle.