Used 1998 Oldsmobile Bravada Consumer Reviews - 16 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Oldsmobile Bravada - Consumer Reviews

1998 Oldsmobile Bravada

Base 4.3L V6 AWD 4-speed Automatic - (16 reviews )

Great truck
By boot185

1998 Oldsmobile Bravada 4dr SUV AWD

I love my bravada. I have added helper springs and air shocks extra tans cooler as I use it to pull camper and trailers for 50% of the time. Nice ride when I have the air low on the shocks. I have plenty of power with the 4.3L HO. I do wish it had a 4 low option. AWD is the best and love it. The rear window rattles due to the design of it but not loud. I have a 4 inch lift with allows me to drive in up to 22 inches of heavy pack snow before the wheels will even spin. Next winter hoping to add a plow on it. I use it as a work horse and its a great one also good driver Mine also has the G80 axle option which is a dana 35 posi traction. Also makes a great family vehicle.

AWD, Fuel economy, Power, G80 axle option, seats, style, room.

same in the blazer jimmy and bravada ball joints and wheel bearings wish it had a 4 low option. The rear window rattles due to the design

By Joan Minarchick

1998 Oldsmobile Bravada 4dr SUV AWD

We will have had our Bravada four years in October. It is a joy to drive. It is fantastic in the winter. It goes in any amount of snow with GREAT traction. I love the sunroof in the summer. It's just like a covertable, but much safer. It even gets good gas milage.

The heated seats. They are wonderful in the winter and great for a bad back. I also love the sunroof. All wheel drive is great, I never worry about the roads.

Give it a little better gas milage and make it more soundproof.

Love my Bravada
By Fred G.

1998 Oldsmobile Bravada 4dr SUV AWD

Purchased this vehicle new in 1998 and every year after it was rated worse and worse. Over the 7 years I've had this car it has consistently performed flawlessly. I've never had any problem. It's been a very versatile vehicle which I would highly recommend. Oh yeah, the traction system is great in ice, snow, and rain.

Flawless performance coupled with great hauling capacity and packaged in a small SUV makes it very versatile for around town use.

None. The car came with Michlen tires which were lousy and new highly rated tires are much better.

By mds

1998 Oldsmobile Bravada 4dr SUV AWD

I have loved the ablility that my 1998 Oldsmobile Bravada has. The AWD system is awesome, in all weather, and since I live out in the country 40 miles from work, they always know I will be there. I also have pulled my husband's 1-ton pickup out several times when stuck, usually including a horse trailer or full water tank behind him! This vehicle has had it's problems though. The multi-function switch is awful, (blinker, cruise, lights, wipers) if one thing breaks the whole thing has to be replaced and it is very expensive. The serpentine belt, fuel pump and water pump have been other problems. This truck's gas milage is also not very good, which is especially irritating with gas prices this high! Also, I don't like the fact that you can't put a car seat in the center back. It must be on the side.

I love the heated seats, cargo room, AWD, and moonroof.

Get rid of the o multi-function switch. Provide more leg room for the driver, I have to sit with my leg sideways because the floorboard curves in. Make the backseat so that a car seat can go in the middle.

Love it, hate it!
By Travlinman

1998 Oldsmobile Bravada 4dr SUV AWD

Bought it w/ 81k mi and now have 124k on it. Runs great after many repairs, some due to age, some due to quality problems. Replaced/repaired brakes, U- joints, tires, battery, shocks, plugs/wires, water pump, belt tensioner, heater/air cond, headlamps, idler arm, oil leaks, etc. Have prob w/ stereo speakers also. Many interior squeaks & rattles. Very slow acceleration and ride deteriorates a bit past 65-70 mph. Rides nice at lower speeds and generally feels secure and smooth w/ AWD.

AWD, heated leather seats, power features, sunroof, paint and finish still looks great, cargo space w/ fold down seats.

Just too many quality problems. Vehicle was a nice concept, but just not quality built -- understandable why they stopped making them.