1998 Oldsmobile Bravada - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.3L V6 AWD 4-speed Automatic - (16 reviews )
Great truck
By boot185 on 05/03/12 18:53 PM (PDT)

1998 Oldsmobile Bravada 4dr SUV AWD

I love my bravada. I have added helper springs and air shocks extra tans cooler as I use it to pull camper and trailers for 50% of the time. Nice ride when I have the air low on the shocks. I have plenty of power with the 4.3L HO. I do wish it had a 4 low option. AWD is the best and love it. The rear window rattles due to the design of it but not loud. I have a 4 inch lift with allows me to drive in up to 22 inches of heavy pack snow before the wheels will even spin. Next winter hoping to add a plow on it. I use it as a work horse and its a great one also good driver Mine also has the G80 axle option which is a dana 35 posi traction. Also makes a great family vehicle.

1998 Oldsmobile Bravada
By Joan Minarchick on 02/08/06 22:15 PM (PST)

1998 Oldsmobile Bravada 4dr SUV AWD

We will have had our Bravada four years in October. It is a joy to drive. It is fantastic in the winter. It goes in any amount of snow with GREAT traction. I love the sunroof in the summer. It's just like a covertable, but much safer. It even gets good gas milage.

Love my Bravada
By Fred G. on 07/06/05 10:17 AM (PDT)

1998 Oldsmobile Bravada 4dr SUV AWD

Purchased this vehicle new in 1998 and every year after it was rated worse and worse. Over the 7 years I've had this car it has consistently performed flawlessly. I've never had any problem. It's been a very versatile vehicle which I would highly recommend. Oh yeah, the traction system is great in ice, snow, and rain.

1998 Oldsmobile Bravada
By mds on 01/30/05 10:00 AM (PST)

1998 Oldsmobile Bravada 4dr SUV AWD

I have loved the ablility that my 1998 Oldsmobile Bravada has. The AWD system is awesome, in all weather, and since I live out in the country 40 miles from work, they always know I will be there. I also have pulled my husband's 1-ton pickup out several times when stuck, usually including a horse trailer or full water tank behind him! This vehicle has had it's problems though. The multi-function switch is awful, (blinker, cruise, lights, wipers) if one thing breaks the whole thing has to be replaced and it is very expensive. The serpentine belt, fuel pump and water pump have been other problems. This truck's gas milage is also not very good, which is especially irritating with gas prices this high! Also, I don't like the fact that you can't put a car seat in the center back. It must be on the side.

Love it, hate it!
By Travlinman on 01/05/05 03:14 AM (PST)

1998 Oldsmobile Bravada 4dr SUV AWD

Bought it w/ 81k mi and now have 124k on it. Runs great after many repairs, some due to age, some due to quality problems. Replaced/repaired brakes, U- joints, tires, battery, shocks, plugs/wires, water pump, belt tensioner, heater/air cond, headlamps, idler arm, oil leaks, etc. Have prob w/ stereo speakers also. Many interior squeaks & rattles. Very slow acceleration and ride deteriorates a bit past 65-70 mph. Rides nice at lower speeds and generally feels secure and smooth w/ AWD.

moneypit bravada
By Illinibravada on 03/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Oldsmobile Bravada 4dr SUV AWD

Have had to have several major repairs done. Both front hubs replaced. Air conditioner, waterpump, alternator, 3 batteries, exhaust system, timing belt broke at 60,000 miles.Driver door hinges broke. Nice interior, rough ride, pulled my bassboat very well.

bomb
By sjf on 11/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Oldsmobile Bravada 4dr SUV AWD

70000 easy miles and I've replaced the fuel pump, alternator, tensioner belt, both front wheel bearings, ball joints, oil cooler lines, stereo speakers and now the transmission is slipping. This vehicle has never towed anything.

98 Bravada
By hd72 on 04/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Oldsmobile Bravada 4dr SUV AWD

This is my second Bravada, my other one, a 1993 (get's much better mileage by the way) perfect size for our family, not too big and bulky like the surbaban and ford's the confort is exceptional and the drivability is great, plenty of power for the mountains of Colorado and the stytle to go with it, my only negative is gas milage <16 MPG

A Great Bargain
By Peter Dardaganis on 12/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Oldsmobile Bravada 4dr SUV AWD

Needed a 4x4 for this winter. So far we've put 2,000 miles on it, no problem. Is completely loaded, paid 6800.00 plus NJ tax for a total of 7200.00 and then did a complete tune up and oil change for 300.00. It had 106,000 miles on it. Engine is strong, tranny tight, brakes perfect. Looking for another one for my daughter.

NICE SUV, NOT SO NICE SUV
By pinmaster on 12/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Oldsmobile Bravada 4dr SUV AWD

I like the vehicle overall, but it has had a lot of mechanical problems since I purchased it used exactly 1 year ago with 58,000 miles. I have replaced the AWD system, serpentine belt, alternator, the idler arm, rotors, and front bearings all in a year's time. My husband USE to have a 97 Olds Bravada and had most of the same things go wrong with it around 48,000 miles. We could no longer afford 2 vehicles with so many problems so we traded it for a brand new (2003) foreign vehicle. Go Toyota!!