Bravada, our generation's EDSEL!
By proofed on
1997 Oldsmobile Bravada 4dr SUV AWD
HI all, I am "mad as hell and I am not going to take ti anymore". Mostly at myself for buying what was meant to be a practical purpose, but the shine and the bells and the whistles sucked me in.To keep it as brief as possible, I bought this car as I needed a vehicle that could tow a boat and a small trailer. It fit the bill perfectly and I traded my SW2 Saturn Wagon, a good car, for this nightmare on elm street. I have been able to use it twice in two years to camp and to boat, a short trip. Overheating was # 1, Bad gas #2, complete cat replacement with 6 oxy sens #3,a 300 spider fuel injection unit #4,batt drain, as the genius who designed the switch made it too easy to leave on,more...
Favorite Features
the cd player which now rejects all with "er", the aforementioned light switch that drains the battery if left on. Being unable to get my keys out to get into my home. The constant miss in #3 cylinder rocks my soul, The hours I have missed wiring, fixing, taking this t0 mechanics- $100to open hood.
Suggested Improvements
Thank the saints above that they quit making this poorly engineered, cheesy plastic parts that cost a weeks wages,piece of gas guzzling junk.It is comfortable if you live in it. It is like a hacker that plants virus' and this beauty has them all,as if some evil techie was infecting the GM plant. ->