Bravada, Edsel and Me
By proofed on
1997 Oldsmobile Bravada 4dr SUV AWD
Back again, To all of you that wrote those glowing reviews, I salute you and your luck. I do believe you are living in denial,however but that is my opinion. I have to tell the truth, yes, it is a beautiful car with luxury appointments etc and was wonderful for the two weeks that I didn;t have to work on it. It shines like a new penny, the leather is soft, but if it sits in your drive looking pretty, it is like a trophy wife who chooses to sleep on the couch. As I type, I have spent another night tracing ground faults, bad parts, and now suspect the keyremote unit for some of this. I already had it to the eletrician for a week and $500, who fixed only the low voltage standard for the engine
Favorite Features
Ifeel for the folks that are as puzzled as I that have asked questions that are mostly unanswerable.no less than 7 mech have triedon mine.I ran across this site searching for another car (100,000 on mine) and envy the folks who tell of 300,000 and not a hiccup.Advice now, it seems is grasping straw.
Suggested Improvements
I think GM should have been allowed to go the way of the dodo bird. The complexities they wrought on this model HAD to go awry, AS shortcuts were taken one tech told me that resulted in EDsel- Bravada. Iwish you all the luck to keep this beast going,ie the lottery Oldman Olds spins in his grave!