1996 Oldsmobile Bravada SUV - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.3L V6 AWD 4-speed Automatic - (8 reviews )
Good SUV overall
By andrew84003 on 08/26/13 10:42 AM (PDT)

1996 Oldsmobile Bravada SUV 4dr SUV AWD

My family got this car back in 2002 when it had 60,000 miles on it. The biggest problem is the A/C kept breaking even after fixing it. It's good for towing things, we've towed 4-wheelers, a boat, and even a honda accord from Utah to Texas. Around 150,000 miles things started to fall apart little by little, and by 160,000 miles it became a money pit. Overall a very good car up until it hits higher miles. Not the most fuel efficient, but it's powerful and fun to drive, especially off roading.

1st car
By skittlesg2008 on 03/30/09 19:29 PM (PDT)

1996 Oldsmobile Bravada SUV 4dr SUV AWD

Bought my 96 bravada and it need some work. I replaced my upper intake gasket, common. Put new front drive shaft in and new brakes. Its my first car its perfect. Tons of room for wen me and my buddies all pile in and go fishin stuff like that. Very comfortable ride. Love the leather interior. No rust yet no Major problems, and I beat on it. I live in the snow belt, put new snow tires on it and handle the snow like a beast. No complaints at all! I love this car it couldnt be more reliable. And all these people sayin Major problems this and that I say find a better mechanic beca this vehicle is a tank! Ive also takin it muddin a couple times haha never got stuck never broke anything! Get on.

155k and still going
By FATBOY-AZ on 04/18/07 08:57 AM (PDT)

1996 Oldsmobile Bravada SUV 4dr SUV AWD

I bought my 1996 Bravada in 2001 with 38000 miles on it. I've had the typical domestic car repairs, but overall this has been an incredible SUV. Plenty of power. I pull my 2k lb camper through the AZ mountains 4-5 times per year without concern. My Bravada currently has 155k miles, A/C blows ice cold, rides like glass at 75mph, and it is the most comfortable of all mid-size SUVs I've ridden in. Overall, I believe this is one of the best built SUVs on the market for 1996. I will drive this until the wheels fall off, but at this rate that should be well over 300k.

Hello Problems
By dale on 01/24/07 14:35 PM (PST)

1996 Oldsmobile Bravada SUV 4dr SUV AWD

Hello new ball joints every two years, hello blown head gasket! Hello problems with the brake system. Good bye Oldsmobile.

my bravada
By MBarry55 on 12/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Oldsmobile Bravada SUV 4dr SUV AWD

I purchased this Bravada used for $8,000 with 42,000 miles on it. It's been great for me so far, only the spark plug wires needed replaced. It handles the snow here in PA just fine. Plenty of cargo room in the back, seats are very comfortable, no real complaints.

Bravadaistake
By JakefromPa on 10/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Oldsmobile Bravada SUV 4dr SUV AWD

Worst vehicle ever purchased. Constant repairs and numerous problems with fluid leaks of every type.Noisy and sluggish and unsteady on road.Radio system is horrible. Repairs have included steering box, door hinges,ignition switch,brakes,$800 to repair leaking gaskets and seals,brake rotors, $85 fan belt,engine lightstayed on,etc, etc

96' Bravada
By Cars4me89 on 12/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Oldsmobile Bravada SUV 4dr SUV AWD

This is a nice car, but when the odometer turns around 60,000 miles you start taking it into the shop every 7,000 miles. This just happens to do this right after the warranty expires.

Rating the Bravada
By Mewithcars on 08/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Oldsmobile Bravada SUV 4dr SUV AWD

It starts to have problem after problem after around 50,000 miles.