2003 Oldsmobile Aurora - Consumer Reviews

4.0 4.0L V8 4-speed Automatic - (20 reviews )
2003 olds aurora
By lionman73 on 01/06/14 10:35 AM (PST)

2003 Oldsmobile Aurora 4.0 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

bought a '95 aurora when they first came out! loved the styling and uniqueness of the car. when I found out olds was phasing out in '03, I had to have one before they were extinct! have since sold the '95 and am in love with the '03! beautiful car--no 'huge' mechanical problems since ive had it--going on 73,000 miles strong! always getting compliments on it and just sad that olds went to pasture and took the aurora with it! couldn't you just imagine a 2014 olds aurora? I can, even if only in my dreams!

Reliable Comfortable
By Tom on 07/31/08 14:49 PM (PDT)

2003 Oldsmobile Aurora 4.0 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

Extremely comfortable front seats. Smooth highway car and handles better than most other cars this size.

03 Olds aurora 4.0
By zach on 05/29/08 04:54 AM (PDT)

2003 Oldsmobile Aurora 4.0 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

Very solid and reliable car. Traded in a 2001 Chrysler 300M for my Aurora 4.0.

Great Car (Giving it to my son)
By Peter Djord on 02/16/08 08:33 AM (PST)

2003 Oldsmobile Aurora 4.0 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have never been able to find a car comparable to it. A four door family sedan with performance and style and even a V8. I am giving it to my son.

GM's best is now gone
By Last Olds on 03/17/06 19:28 PM (PST)

2003 Oldsmobile Aurora 4.0 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

Why shoud GM sell Auroas when people will by the same car for $15,000 more just to have a Cadillac wreath on it. I love my Aurora. It get's great milage and has a smooth and powerful V8 engine. It's quiet, fun to drive, and completly trouble free. It is GM's best kept secret.

1995 Oldsmobile Aurora
By profjazz on 11/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

COOL, VERY FAST FOR SIZE/CLASS AN VERY LOW USED CAR PRICES>

Sorry to see them go!
By Mickey's Mom on 01/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Oldsmobile Aurora 4.0 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

The first time I laid eyes on the Aurora was at the auto show. I was leaving the Lexus exhibit and thought it was one of their cars. The minute I saw it I knew it was the car for me. After checking the price I was sold. 12 weeks later I was driving my factory order 4.0. I love driving my car. It really handles the road well. There are two things that I am not happy with however, the cup holder and the CIS. The cupholder is set at an odd angle and the CIS warning system frequently goes off for no reason and must be reset at the dealership.

Capuccino Aurora
By kostritzer on 12/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Oldsmobile Aurora 4.0 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

Big sport sedan with a de-bored Northstar 32V V8 that is super smooth and works well with the great automatic. Handling is tight and firm for a big sedan.

Why Is This Car Discontinued?
By JP May on 11/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Oldsmobile Aurora 4.0 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

The Aurora is the best car I've owned and unfortunately with the discontinuation of Oldsmobile, it will be my last Aurora. Too bad the phase- out of the Olds division was announced soon after the new Aurora's introduction. The styling is distinctive, and with few models on the road, several people wanted to know what kind of car I was driving. The car has been completely trouble-free, solidly built, has plenty of power, and is attractively styled insode and out.

Why buy an import
By sdagostin on 09/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Oldsmobile Aurora 4.0 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

This car has been absolutely reliable. Not one penny in two years/30,000 miles. The styling is unique and attractive. The fact that there are few of them on the road makes it a much more distinctive look and a head turner. The leather interior and the seating make it extraordinarily comfortable to drive. The Bose sound system is as good or better than any other factory-installed system that I've heard.