2002 Oldsmobile Aurora - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aurora model:
A Good Ride
By A Mistake on 06/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Oldsmobile Aurora 4.0 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle Has two major design flaws that should not be replicated anywhere. There is Zero clearance between the front wheels and the frame of the car, and the battery is located under the back seat inside the passenger area.

Possessed by a Demon
By Bad News on 04/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Oldsmobile Aurora 4.0 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

Thank God for the state's lemon law. I've owned this car for over a year after trading in my Intrigue. I've had it in for warranty work 8 times with some problems cleared up, but with a persistent episodic glitch in the steering/suspension. The rack and pinion, steering column, and wheel bearings have been replaced on three seperate multi-day stays in the shop. What's with the ratchety feel in the steering? My dream car is a nightmare.

I liked it so much
By Beatrice on 03/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Oldsmobile Aurora 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a used 2001 and liked it so much, I wanted a brand new one. The 2001 was a 4.0 and the 2002 is a 3.0. I really like the style of this car. I had a Cutlass and I really liked it, too. They made a big mistake when they got rid of the Cutlass. People ask me all the time "what kind of car is this?" It's not the best on mileage and it doesn't have the pick up that the 4.0 has. The DIC is the best and I like the radio info, also. The only thing I regret is the light color of the interior. I wish it was black. I'll keep it for a while. I don't think the resell value is the best.

Aurora is traditional
By Aurora/driver on 02/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Oldsmobile Aurora 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Have driven my Aurora now for 18 months. Considering the price I could not be more pleased. It has been 100% reliable and very good on gas mileage, 24 mpg over all. In my eyes the styling will endure for some time. It feels solid and safe. Only wish GM could this more often and people give them a look!

a little disappointed
By monica dennis on 01/30/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Oldsmobile Aurora 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I fell in love with my car when my husband brought it home.We have had numerous problems since we have had the Aurora.Early in 2002, the wipers stopped working,weather stripping began leaking on driver's side and had to be replaced, the back panel seperating the trunk from the back seat will not stay attatched, the driver side window works "MOST" of the time, the entire steering-wheel column and surrounding had to be replaced, the two back red lights that come on in fog light mode had to be replaced as well as the front passenger side main light bulb. Thank God for extended warranties, but what happens when it runs out????

Aurora Doing Fine
By Newport Beach Bill on 07/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Oldsmobile Aurora 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought car new about 15 months ago. To eventually replace a 1997 Concorde for a fairly long freeway commute to work. The 3.5 engine fine for stop and go traffic, but does not have alot of passing power ( the Concorde with a 3.5 engine has a lot more punch, even after 90,000 miles ). The interior is nice and leather seats great. The car has a very stable ride and handles fine. The chrome wheels add alot to the exterior look. Have received alot of compliments on the car, which is surprising in Newport Beach which has the largest Mercedes Benz dealer in the US. Mileage not great but okay. Runs fine with regular gas.

Beautiful Borealis
By jdavid on 04/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Oldsmobile Aurora 4.0 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is the highest value luxury car on the road. It is a thrill to drive for short utility trips, fun cruises, & road hauls. Comfort is terrific, especially for such a sporty handling machine. It tracks like a smart bomb -- even white out, ice blizzards, at night. I've never driven such a roadworthy machine. It's wonderful -- & I generally cannot tolerate GM vehicles! (P.S. Avoid the 3.5 model; it's underpowered; only buy the 4.0)

Love the Drive
By robamra on 11/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Oldsmobile Aurora 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I drive a lot of highway miles. This car has given me comfort and pride. I have had no problems in any type of weather that I have encurred while driving. I live in NorthEast Indiana and the drives to the New York, Chicago, Cincinatti, Detroit, and others have been relaxing without problems. The gas milage hasn't been bad at all either!

Sterling Silver Aurora V8
By Path Black on 07/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Oldsmobile Aurora 4.0 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

I was very surprised by the Oldsmobile Aurora. The design and technology are remarkable. The performance will catch you off guard.

I Love My Aurora
By Olds Fan on 07/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Oldsmobile Aurora 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The Aurora is a wonderful driving experience. Our Dealership is very customer oriented. My husband has purchased Olds for over fifty years. The only thing I would change (and this is true of other brands I have been in also) is the noise from the air conditioning and heater. Why can't this be remedied?