Used 2002 Oldsmobile Aurora Sedan Consumer Reviews - 35 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Oldsmobile Aurora Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2002 Oldsmobile Aurora Sedan

View reviews for a specific Aurora model:

Comfortable ride!
By Jax

2002 Oldsmobile Aurora Sedan 4.0 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

I love this vehicle, I got mine at a great deal and it has so much power behind it. Very smooth driving so it was great for my traveling for my work. But when you buy this vehicle make sure the transmission, torque converter had no problems or that it's been fully repaired. Didn't even take a year until I had to sell the car because the torque converter was shot- I was better off selling it because this can cost a few grand to repair. Even with that problem I still love the car, I'd get another one....and completely restore it..!

Best car I ever had
By Al

2002 Oldsmobile Aurora Sedan 4.0 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

I like this car a lot the style is great the interior is top notch. I think the best thing is I got mine with the v8 which is believe it or not is rather good on gas I average 23 mpg that is better than my Taurus when running only did 18 mpg now it does 0. I should have purchased this car along time ago. I am done with v6 motors I have had no luck with them .

V8 has a lot of get up a go. I also love the cockpit style, the way it is designed reminds me of my 94 t- bird

GM never should have closed oldsmobile down. The V8 should had been a true northstar 4.6 L

Fun to drive
By Mac Aipperspach

2002 Oldsmobile Aurora Sedan 4.0 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

An excellent car to drive and with the interior extras very comfortable for long distance trips. The vehicle was purchased used with 43,000 miles and after 10,000 miles the only trouble so far will be to replace the original rear shocks which are rather pricey due to computer linkage. Plenty of power and for a V-8 on the open highway I can get 25 miles to the gallon.

Comfortable leather seats. Great air conditioning system with the extras to control the temperature via a thermostat.

I'm very happy with my Aurora!
By Jay

2002 Oldsmobile Aurora Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned my Olds for 3 years and I have to say it's the best car I've ever had! It's very comfortable to drive, especially on 3 day road trips. I get 33mpg (highway driving). Amazing what high octane fuel and K&N air filters can do for mileage and passing power! It's very safe/stable driving on highways or in the city in all whether conditions be it be rain, ice or blizzard. I can't even tell the roads are bad it handles so well! Here in Canada we have extreme road conditions and I have no problem passing other cars/trucks (good or poor road conditions). There has been no work done to the car except regular maintenance. No breakdowns or problems. Car has 77,400 miles on it so far.

The comfortable lumber support/heated seats. The DIC gives assurance of the cars driving capabilities/tire pressure/low fluid indicator etc. Great sound system & faces the driver, front & side air bags, dual climate control, OnStar, traction control, anti-skid control, no outside noise/wind

Ablity to lower the back seat or have a bigger hole though it to carry long/bigger objects.

Air pump/drive shaft problems
By beth

2002 Oldsmobile Aurora Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Air pump problems at 50,000 miles and again at 75,000. drive shaft replace around 30,000 and again around 35,000 2 electric motors on rear windows, which are rarely used front end problems around 50,000 GM has reimbursed me for some of the work, but air pump is acting up again at 80,000 poor design. I love the looks and the handling and it has so far it has not let me down on starting will I keep it? not sure at this time

Looks and comfort

Put parts on that will last more than a few thousand miles fix the poor design of the air pump improve fuel economy