2002 Oldsmobile Aurora - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aurora model:
Best car I ever had
By Al on 08/09/10 02:33 AM (PDT)

2002 Oldsmobile Aurora 4.0 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

I like this car a lot the style is great the interior is top notch. I think the best thing is I got mine with the v8 which is believe it or not is rather good on gas I average 23 mpg that is better than my Taurus when running only did 18 mpg now it does 0. I should have purchased this car along time ago. I am done with v6 motors I have had no luck with them .

Fun to drive
By Mac Aipperspach on 08/27/09 19:08 PM (PDT)

2002 Oldsmobile Aurora 4.0 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

An excellent car to drive and with the interior extras very comfortable for long distance trips. The vehicle was purchased used with 43,000 miles and after 10,000 miles the only trouble so far will be to replace the original rear shocks which are rather pricey due to computer linkage. Plenty of power and for a V-8 on the open highway I can get 25 miles to the gallon.

I'm very happy with my Aurora!
By Jay on 11/22/08 12:56 PM (PST)

2002 Oldsmobile Aurora 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned my Olds for 3 years and I have to say it's the best car I've ever had! It's very comfortable to drive, especially on 3 day road trips. I get 33mpg (highway driving). Amazing what high octane fuel and K&N air filters can do for mileage and passing power! It's very safe/stable driving on highways or in the city in all whether conditions be it be rain, ice or blizzard. I can't even tell the roads are bad it handles so well! Here in Canada we have extreme road conditions and I have no problem passing other cars/trucks (good or poor road conditions). There has been no work done to the car except regular maintenance. No breakdowns or problems. Car has 77,400 miles on it so far.

Air pump/drive shaft problems
By beth on 08/29/08 06:45 AM (PDT)

2002 Oldsmobile Aurora 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Air pump problems at 50,000 miles and again at 75,000. drive shaft replace around 30,000 and again around 35,000 2 electric motors on rear windows, which are rarely used front end problems around 50,000 GM has reimbursed me for some of the work, but air pump is acting up again at 80,000 poor design. I love the looks and the handling and it has so far it has not let me down on starting will I keep it? not sure at this time

What a bargain
By MEA17 on 10/23/07 13:20 PM (PDT)

2002 Oldsmobile Aurora 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought mine as a used car and got a fantastic deal. I knew the car was underrated, but it is much better than expected. It has a real luxury car feel with solid performance. My wife considers it the equal of her Lexus ES. The understated but elegant styling, attractive and classy interior, comfort and multitude of features get many compliments. As a long distance all weather cruiser, it is hard to beat.

Oldsmobile should have tried harder
By michael70 on 04/07/07 08:38 AM (PDT)

2002 Oldsmobile Aurora 4.0 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

The Aurora was built to save Olds. They should have done a better job because they had the right idea with this car, but the reliability just isn't there. I bought it in 2006 with only 27k miles. It looks spectacular, it drives smoothly and handles great. However, don't buy this car without a warranty. I love Olds, but I still can't get over the leaking radiator fluid, bad window motor, and faulty EBCM, which lights up your instrument panel like a Christmas tree with all the warnings. It will prevent you from passing a safety inspection. Oh and forget about getting any navigation CD updates. They stopped making them.

Hidden Gem
By Eric on 03/01/07 12:41 PM (PST)

2002 Oldsmobile Aurora 4.0 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

Looks, performance, handling, luxury -- this car has it all. It does everything well in a neat and tidy package. The engine is smooth and powerful and gets decent fuel economy. The suspension smooths out the bumps and takes corners with aggression. The exterior styling while not overt is modern and pleasing to the eyes. The interior is very comfortable and all of the controls fall easily at hand.

Low Mileage Driver
By Gordon Martyn on 11/16/05 11:27 AM (PST)

2002 Oldsmobile Aurora 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My 2002 Oldsmobile Aurora has low mileage. It is driven mostly in the city and suburbs on fairly heavily traveled roads. It is the only car I have ever had that didn't require any repairs or recalls. It performs beautifully, has good pickup and gets fairly good mileage. The ride isn't the most comfortable but it is adequate. I am very satisfied with this car.

Great ride
By JDavid on 05/04/05 13:15 PM (PDT)

2002 Oldsmobile Aurora 4.0 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

Best driver's cockpit available. Fun ride, extraordinary comfort with sporty handling & great responsiveness. Outstanding drive train. Good build. Bottom line: I wish GM still made this car!

Great Car Even Used!!!
By Scott on 12/10/04 17:36 PM (PST)

2002 Oldsmobile Aurora 4.0 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

This car gets lost of looks and is GREAT on gas for a V8.