2001 Oldsmobile Aurora Consumer Review: Satisfied Owner - We need Olds

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora - Consumer Review

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora

4.0 Sedan (4.0L V8 4-speed Automatic)

Satisfied Owner - We need Oldsmobiles
By DE Smith on

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 4.0 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

This was my 3 rd Olds and the best ever of cars that I have owned. I laugh as I read the features of the top of the line (Lexus, Toyota, BMW, Mercedes, etc) about features my 2001 Olds has, rain sensor wipers, wrap around air bags (front and back safety features, steering wheel controls, the pass through to luggage caompartment, I have used many times, to caarry long itmes and fly rods!), Teh ride all passengers compliment and cannot believe it is and Oldsmobile. Few know it was one of the oldest auto manufactured in USA. It is a damn shame it was shut down as it was superbly designed, well built with only minor flaws that in subsequent years would have been made to make it perfect.

The angled instrument panel is truly designed for the driver. I have found no other automobile to compare ergonomically with my Aurora

Unfortunately the obsolescence engineers did their job perfectly as the failure of oil pump[, power steering pump and headlights and the LEd steering wheel lights, all went out just past the warranty period. Tha has been costly for me. to Date I have 158,000 + miles.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review