2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 4.0L V8 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Long term owner

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora - Consumer Review

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 4.0 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

4.0 Sedan (4.0L V8 4-speed Automatic)

Long term owner
By CE on

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 4.0 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

Bought used as a GM "program" car and have never regretted purchase. I have put 104,000 miles on this beauty and it has never let me down. The exterior has held up exceptionally well and the interior as well. Had some warranty work on AC vents (plastic broke), replaced an actuator on the rear window, and have an oil pan gasket leaking (engine has to be removed to fix--won't do that). I am on my 2nd set of tires--the Michelins OEM tires went 65000 miles before I replaced and it looks like the ones on it now will go as far. Good ride and handling, fast as a snake, and comfortable on the road. Very quiet idling--that still amazes me, can't hear or feel it even after all these years.

Favorite Features

Comfort, style, handling, and most of all the reliability that I have experienced

Suggested Improvements

None really--this was a great idea from GM, my compliments to the designers of this car, you created a dandy. After all these years of good driving, the car owes me nothing!