I hope your wallet is loaded!!!
By Kstas on
2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)
39,000(took ownership). 42,000 Major steering issues, still ongoing, dealer fixes and problem reoccurs 2 wks later. Dealer insists no problem & is trying to tell me to buy another set of tires when just bought a set at 43,500. Even put on new GM chrome rims, no help just better look. 43,636 camshaft folded (engine replaced)$50.00 deductible. 47,683 window regulator. 50,617 Brake booster seal (warranty). 56,391 Oil level sensor(warranty). 57,543 (leak) housing for license plate bulbs ($145 GM reimbursed). 65,077 water pump $50.00 deductible. 71,300 Transmission Input Speed Sensor($50 deduct) & Secondary Air Injection Pump(not covered $365 repair). Still costly even with extended warranty.
Favorite Features
Position of radio, dimming rearview mirror, gas mileage, Onstar, heated seats, comfy for a roadtrip (you just have to put the steering issues out of your mind or it makes for an unenjoyable ride).
Suggested Improvements
Figure out what causes the steering to be shoddy. Too many negative comments about the steering (no recalls???). I have only had my car for 19 months and have spent $2,800 towards routine maintenance, warranty deductibles, and problems. Thank goodness for the extend warranty or no roof on house!