2001 Oldsmobile Aurora Consumer Review: A Lot of Car for the Money

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora - Consumer Review

3.5 Sedan (3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic)

A Lot of Car for the Money
By Airfiddler on

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I was looking around for an econobox when I saw this car. It was in beautiful condition, well looked after. One test drive and I was sold. Hey great gas mileage isn't everything. The engine and transmission are soooo smooth. It has lots of power, and it has a great snarl when you put your foot into it. The ride is a little firmer and noisier than my Buick Riviera's. It could be the low profile 17" wheels and tires. Its build quality is adequate. It's no Lexus, but for what you will pay it can't be beat. A few little things may bug you, like burnt out dash lights or the odd squeak now and then. That 4.0 litre Northstar DOHC engine is worth the price of entry alone. It's so quiet and vibration free compared to the Riviera's 3800 V6.

Favorite Features

Did I mention the engine and transmission? The style is great. This is quite a rare car as far as cars go plus it's FUN to drive.

Suggested Improvements

It should have fewer squeaks over harsh bumps and slightly more compliant tires. I may try the TOYO brand if the Michelins ever wear out!