2001 Oldsmobile Aurora - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aurora model:
M.J.G Rev on Aurora
By mjg on 04/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 4.0 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

Its been a great car one the best i ever owned,smooth acceleration and ride,Performance off the line and passing between geers excellent.Corners very well at high speeds,Comfortable long rides and its all around atractive styling.I also compared Aurora to Lex,Bmw,300M,Toyo,They don't even compare.

Olds Has A Winner
By Leo Nolet on 04/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Now that Olds has finally "got it right" they will be dropping the brand from the GM line up? Go figure!!!!!

Nice sedan overall
By Doc John on 04/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 4.0 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

In my opinion the best American-made sedan for the money. Comfortable and fun to drive with lots of great features that work well.

Best Olds yet
By carruol on 03/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 4.0 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

I can't wait to drive the car it is just that much of a great performer,smooth,nimble handling,powerful ly silky smooth v8 and just about every thing that makes a great car, is standard . AND it compares well with the cars from Japan. GM would do well to offer this car in one of their existing lines.

Best Olds Yet! Too Bad Its the Last!
By Jack Haney on 03/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is the second Aurora for us. This one is the best Olds we have had. It is also the best car we have had in over 40 years of buying. Not a single warranty claim.

I'd Recommend This Car To A Friend
By bluehen900 on 12/23/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I compared the Aurora to the Lincoln LS, Toyota Avalon and Chrystler 300M. I found the Aurora to be far superior. The performance has been excellent and nothing has disappointed me. The options are great, from the dual heated power front seats to the rain-sensing wipers. An excellent value with option only found in much more expensive vehicles. Only dislike is the view of the headlights...looks too much like the Olds Intrigue. I would and have recommended this car to friends.

2.5 yrs later
By RJF on 11/08/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Classy, fun to drive sports sedan. Has great performance with excellant highway mileage (29+) at 70+. Turns heads with great styling. Elegant leather and wood interior that is comfortable on long trips.

hate to see it go
By olds lover on 10/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 4.0 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 2nd aurora. I owned a 1997 first. Have bought 4 new cadillacs since 1986 and for the money this car puts them all to shame. I enjoy driving this car on long trips.

The Car Of The Millenium!
By Aurora Kid on 10/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 4.0 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

The 2001 Aurora 4.0 that I have owned for the past 2 years has been the best car that I have ever driven or seen in the 43 years that I have been driv- ing. There is not enough space here for me to say how great this car is.

A masterpiece of engineering.
By WED on 09/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 4.0 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is our third Aurora.During this time we also had two Cadillacs. When i retired we had a 1997 Aurora and a 1997 Cadillac. We sold the Cadillac, though satisfied with it, we felt the Aurora offered more driving pleasure. We drive around town and across co