2001 Oldsmobile Aurora Consumer Reviews 7

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora - Consumer Reviews

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

View reviews for a specific Aurora model:
Sporty
By Kim Hensley on 10/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I am really enjoying my Aurora. I have only had it a few months but it is really fun to drive. Love the heated seats in the winter :) The only complaint that I have is the rattle in the dash and passenger doors.

Luxury at its best
By katissa on 10/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I Love this car but it has some problems. I just bought it a few months ago and already have the check engine light come on. I have had to replace the drivers door module ($88) and had to replace two bulbs. If the comfort features weren't so great I would be very upset with my purchase. I hope this car lasts until I can pay it off.

2001 3.5 Not So Lucky
By oke doke on 09/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Acquired the 2001 3.5 in Feb 2003 w/ 19K mi. The car now has 30K mi. on it. Since purchase, replaced the steering column, the pwr steering pump, the ignition switch (the car would literally just stop running on the highway while doing 70 mph), and as of 09/29/03, the transmission is gone!. Also - the driver door squeak were one's left leg rests against the speaker (in case you think the noise is coming from your seat). Needless to say, kind of a bum experience. I owned a '98 Aurora w/ 100K on it and traded it in on this - the '98 never had an issue - guess I made a bad call...

Great Car -- Good Lincoln/BMW Competitor
By Dalas on 09/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Too bad GM couldn't market this to the late thirty, early forty something effectively as this is a great car. I thoroughly enjoy the ride, features, handling, performance, sound, leather, size, sound.

Good
By oldcrs on 08/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I found this car to be all that I had hoped for and more. I was looking for a car with comfort,performance and handeling. While it's not a road racer it does very well. It is easy to drive and supplys all the ginger bread you could want while still giving you a good feel of the road.

Outstanding Car
By Jericho on 08/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 4.0 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

I just bought my 4.0 used a few months ago, after reconsidering an SUV purchase...Who really needs 90 cubic feet of space...I got so much luxury for my money...Its a shame the resale is so low...the cars handles flawlessly...I feel the road and the engin at work together and was shocked at the balls in this car...off the line its great and the interier is outstanding...soo comfortable to drive anywhere. I have a FULLY loaded version and after hours of time spent on comparison...could not find one reason to not buy this car...It seems to be the best kept secret on the road. Sorry it has to go

Good value
By sputnick on 06/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My 3.5 has been very dependable. I like the new style - it definitely turns heads, with people asking what is it? Comfortable on highway and good handling in city. Compares very favorably to imports when consider the price.

2001 Aurora
By Gary Findon on 06/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

While the Aurora exudes understated class and has a very attractive exterior and interior, the 3.5 liter 6 cylinder does not provide adequate acceleration. Performance of climate control is disappointing, as increments between interior temperature settings are too far apart below 65 degrees.

My dream machine...
By felixunger3000 on 06/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is the greatest car i've ever owned. I just bought a 2001 with 8000 miles on it. The ride is excellent. It's a beautiful car that turns heads as I drive. I'm very disappointed that this is the last Oldsmobile I will be able to own.

Lots of features for the price
By Jay_Portland on 05/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 4.0 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is a great value given the features it provides. Many standard features make it very easy and fun to drive. The 4.0 has lots of power. Handling leans more towards comfort than performance but there is a good balance. Mechanically sound but has been in the shop more than expected for minor cosmetic stuff.