2001 Oldsmobile Aurora - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aurora model:
cheap car with expensive price tag
By heathercorday on 04/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I didn't get the extendend warranty and wish that I had. The steering pops, in the winter the temperature dosen't get warm enough to make the heater blow hot, the window switch went out, now the window regulator is shot, and the rotors are warped.

aurora
By asoutherncharmer on 04/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 4.0 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

It is very difficult to find a dealership to service Oldsmobile. I have had my car for 5 months and it has been in the shop twice for mulitple days both times. My other concern is with the Dealership who sold the car. They did not disclose important information regarding my extended warranty. Also, they said any GM dealer would service this car, that IS NOT so.

Great Car Overall
By niteowl on 04/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Overall this has been a good ownership experience. The car rides great, is quiet, and the V6 gives a good compromise between mileage and power. I drove the V8, and while it has more power the front end was heavier and the car seemed less agile. Excellent highway cruiser. After a long trip we are much less tired than riding in other cars we have owned. Have seen others complain about squeaks/rattles/fit/finish, howevever, I have had no problems. No warranty issues other than replaced front tie rods at 35,000 miles--seems to be an issue with this car and the Seville, which share the same platform.

Olds aurora
By Terry Roth on 03/30/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car has a nice luxurious feel about it without being 'your daddys oldsmobile'. It fits nice, drives great and keeps up its appearance and does not get boring to drive into your second, third or fourth year owning it. I wish my 3.5 6-cyl had a bit more spunk but the upside is that it has great gas mileage. I haven't had any major problems with the car until the 3rd year where little minor things started to act up.

Better quality than I expected
By DDO on 03/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Rides comfortably, acceleration good, fun to drive. I have had only 2 minor repairs in 3 years(both electronics) Uses some oil or they don't put enough in at changes. Oil capacity is vague- some vendors say 6 qts and some say 7 qts.

Gutsy V8 with Gadgets
By DrOrb on 03/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 4.0 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

The Aurora 4.0 is a distinctive automobile with creature comforts and plenty of power. It sports a number of techno-features including a low tire pressure alarm. The car is sure-footed and able to operatew with any grade of unleaded gasoline, although 93 octane provides the most punch. My most negative impression is from the stock Michellin tires: they're a strange size and the warranty proved to be worthless.

GM strikes again!!
By ABindy on 02/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is a comfortable and stylish car. Has poor fit and finish...many rattles,water leaks into floorboard,brakes warped,front end vibration,exterior trim loose,major electrical problems that have still not been fixed despite a total of 25 days in the shop on 4 occasions,steering wheel pops when turned,new alternator,and on it goes. Since they can't fix the major electrical problems, and for all the other trouble I have had, GM sent me a "good will certificate" good for $1500 dollars off my next purchase.BIG DEAL. Stay from these cars, unless you have an extended warranty, and lots of time to camp out at the dealer for repairs.

The best car I ever owned
By triad33 on 12/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 4.0 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

This car is great, but I guess all good things must eventually come to an end. Shame on you General Motors for discontinuing Oldsmobile and for failing to transfer the Aurora to another line, such as Buick. You have alienated this lifelong GM customer. Hellooooooo Lexus!

2001 Aurora
By Jackie Johnson on 11/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 4.0 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is a fun car to drive has speed when you need it. And gets good gas mileage.It a four door but is still sporting looking

No Luck
By bh_okedoke on 10/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I traded my '98 Aurora for the '01 model. In the last 10 months, the following replacements (all under warranty) - Steering column, power steering pump, ignition switch, ABS control module, transmission overhaul, and as of this weekend, the alternator. Mind you, this car has under 31K miles... I think I got the car built on Monday morning!