Used 2001 Oldsmobile Aurora Consumer Reviews - 91 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora - Consumer Reviews

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora

View reviews for a specific Aurora model:

Still loving it
By Rick

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 4.0 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

Bought my 2001 4.0 in 2002 with 10000 miles. It now has 67500 miles and it looks like a brand new car. It turns heads and people ask what kind of car it is, is it new, can you still buy them

Heated seats! Very comfortable on long trips. Great Bose sound system.

Give the line to Buick and keep making 'em.

Safe and Reliable Car
By Olds Driver

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 4.0 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

Bought used over three years ago. All repairs (zero strandings and little inconvenience) have included window regulator (free under 60k mi warranty,) cam sensor - light (free again,) water pump (housing developed small leak which after several thousand miles had done for $200,) power steering pump (also a minor problem done at our convenience for $200.) A timing belt change on an economy car would have cost more than what we have spent in 70,000 miles of use. The only complaint I would give is the magnasteer unit which occasionally gave incorrect drag during high speed turns. I disconnected the magnet/rack (free and took two minutes) and now have generally perfect steering.

Safe, quiet, comfortable, fast, decent economy, super cheap to buy

Magnasteer needs improvement and this was addressed in later models with the same type of steering, could use a turbo on the V8, nice power, but could use more off the line, highway power is perfect

Good value
By Mike

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Normally I don't like to buy American cars, but after doing my research I decided to take a chance on the Aurora. I am very pleased overall with the car.The acceleration is brisk but it could use a little more low end power.I bought a K&N drop in air filter and helps with throttle responce. The interior is well laid out and conrols are easy to use. The exterior is awesome. I have back problems and long trips are a difficult, but in this car, I'm really comfortable.I've had no mechanical problems at all.considering what I paid for the car and all the features it has, it's a good value. I would suggest that if you purchase an Aurora, or any American car, get an extended warranty.

Good looks,nice ride, great mileage for a big car.

Better handling. Less wind noise, a little more power.

Best K/G body ever
By DBurden

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 4.0 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

This car is highly underated. The Aurora has great grip and handling for a 3800 lb auto. The auto leveling suspension in rear takes the roll out of corning. High speed cornering is no problem. The more you dial in the tighter the grip get. Steering is better than expect. I plan on taking this car to summit point raceway to further evaluate its ability.

Interior, handling, sound of engine with an intake.

GM should have gone with a 5 speed auto in all of its 2000+ K/G bodies. More power (at least 270HP) would have been nice. GM has truly made an error by closing Olds and trying to replace it with Saturn.

'01 Aurora
By Tom

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the car used. Its resale is suffering so badly that I got a terrific deal. After getting this kind of deal, I could care less about resale as I plan to keep the car for a very long time. It is very comfortable, looks great, and handles fine. I have had no problems with it other than normal maintenance.

I love the styling - inside and out. The engine is smooth. It gets good gas mileage and has plenty of power. It is comfortable, especially on longer trips.

GM really screwed up by discontinuing Olds. They clearly listened to the bean counters who saw bigger margins on SUVs, at least when the decision was made. If Olds was still around, another Aurora would be first on my list when the time comes.