Used 2001 Oldsmobile Aurora Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora - Consumer Reviews

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora

View reviews for a specific Aurora model:

My Olds
By johnbauer

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 4.0 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

Overall rating is "Very Good". The only problem was the Computer Control Center, and this was handled under the warrentee at 45,000 miles. City mileage is OK at 18.5 mpg and 24 on the highway. The car is very comfortable and handles well.

Favorite Features

Computerized Driver Control Center is great. Compass built-in is a nice feature. My wife and I like the heated seats. A very nice luxury auto.

Nice car
By Don Joas

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 4.0 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

Wonderful car--bought it new. Has lots of zip. Never been wrecked. Just time for a new one for us.

Favorite Features

Power- handling

Suggested Improvements

Noisy

Still loving it
By Rick

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 4.0 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

Bought my 2001 4.0 in 2002 with 10000 miles. It now has 67500 miles and it looks like a brand new car. It turns heads and people ask what kind of car it is, is it new, can you still buy them

Favorite Features

Heated seats! Very comfortable on long trips. Great Bose sound system.

Suggested Improvements

Give the line to Buick and keep making 'em.

Safe and Reliable Car
By Olds Driver

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 4.0 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

Bought used over three years ago. All repairs (zero strandings and little inconvenience) have included window regulator (free under 60k mi warranty,) cam sensor - light (free again,) water pump (housing developed small leak which after several thousand miles had done for $200,) power steering pump (also a minor problem done at our convenience for $200.) A timing belt change on an economy car would have cost more than what we have spent in 70,000 miles of use. The only complaint I would give is the magnasteer unit which occasionally gave incorrect drag during high speed turns. I disconnected the magnet/rack (free and took two minutes) and now have generally perfect steering.

Favorite Features

Safe, quiet, comfortable, fast, decent economy, super cheap to buy

Suggested Improvements

Magnasteer needs improvement and this was addressed in later models with the same type of steering, could use a turbo on the V8, nice power, but could use more off the line, highway power is perfect

Good value
By Mike

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Normally I don't like to buy American cars, but after doing my research I decided to take a chance on the Aurora. I am very pleased overall with the car.The acceleration is brisk but it could use a little more low end power.I bought a K&N drop in air filter and helps with throttle responce. The interior is well laid out and conrols are easy to use. The exterior is awesome. I have back problems and long trips are a difficult, but in this car, I'm really comfortable.I've had no mechanical problems at all.considering what I paid for the car and all the features it has, it's a good value. I would suggest that if you purchase an Aurora, or any American car, get an extended warranty.

Favorite Features

Good looks,nice ride, great mileage for a big car.

Suggested Improvements

Better handling. Less wind noise, a little more power.