2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 3.5 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora - Consumer Reviews

2001 Aurora Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aurora model:

Sort Reviews by

Constant Companion
By jjse

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 4.0 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

This car is eautiful and very reliable. The only repairs that I have had to make so far are a battery and wiper blade replacement last week. I will probably buy new tires in November. The engine loves to rev but is relatively low on torque. Its ride is a little harsh, but its handling is above average. New tires will probably improve the ride. My only complaint is a rattling sunroof when the shade is partially open. I would probably buy another one if a 5- or 6-speed auto was offered.

Favorite Features

The body style and and 4.0L V8 engine.

Suggested Improvements

Give it more torque.

The Worst Car I Have Ever Owned
By slipperysil

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I had to have more than $10,000 worth of warranty work done on my Oldsmobile Aurora and know it seems like something goes wrong every week, like the window motor, air shock sencor, etc...

Back to the Future
By fast jimmy

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Remember the movie " Back to the Future"? I sure wish GM did. If so, they would reproduce the best car that I have owned. I have had the good fortune of owning two Acuras, two BMWs, one Corvette and one Lexus. My Aurora has build quality, comfort, performance, safety features and design that meets or exceeds all my previous vehicles. So, GM, hop into a DeLorean and see what you can and should do.

Favorite Features

Everything, eespecially the best sound system in any of my cars.

Suggested Improvements

GM, please build one like this again.

Endless problems
By jerry

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 4.0 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

Here it goes, front wheel bearings - $350 each, steering colum - $200, overdirive lock up - $1,300, power window module - $150, ignition coil pack - $400, cup holder won't stay closed, ash tray door won't stay closed, half of rear window defogger doesn't work, AC freon hose broke - $800, lights on steering wheel controls burned out - $52 each... This has been a truly problemmatic car. I gave up a sold, reliable Taurus to get this headache on wheels.

Favorite Features

The Bose stereo.

Suggested Improvements

Quality,or should I say lack of quality. Olds and GM tried to make up poor quality with a great V8 engine. The frustration is too great, I will buy Infiniti next time.

Loving My Aurora
By slrobb

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 4.0 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

My husband and I bought this car used and we just love it! We have had it for almost two years now and with normal upkeep maintence, this car is still running wonderfully. We couldn't be happier with this car!

Favorite Features

Everything!

overall summary
By tom murdock

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The Oldsmobile Aurora is a solid car. It provides good performance. Even after long trips, I feel fairly fresh. It has a very good feel and ride to it. Entering interstates, this car can really move and run with the best. Its radio and stereo are excellent as are the heating and ac systems. If Oldsmobile was still making this car, I would purchase another. This vehile is my second Aurora.

Favorite Features

The power and engine performance, handling, comfort of ride, and good fuel economy.

Suggested Improvements

none

aurora the flag ship car of OLDS?????
By Neveragain GM

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is a garbage car, was very excited when I first got it.This car was fun to drive for the first two weeks, then the problems... ready here you go: Sunroof leak - 2 weeks Car wont start - 3 months Wipers stop working - 6 months Steering pinion broke - 7 months Rear window falls into door (suring a nice snow fall) - 12 months Water pouring out of the locking mechanism of the trunk this not covered under warranty, GM says it is not a poor workmanship issue, but the give me a $1000 voucher towrds the purchase of a new GM vehicle. 12 months have more to say, not enough room Long and short... if you buy this garbage car, you better get a very long extended warranty

Suggested Improvements

Shut down GM, or have GM learn from the foreign car automakers

Best car I've ever owned
By TSprinkel

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Why did Olds go away?! I've had many new cars, but this is definitely the best overall value. It's fun to drive, still looks good, and I'd keep it forever, but putting too many miles on it. It's a terrific vehicle.

Favorite Features

Heated seats! Lots of storage space inside and trunk. It turns on a dime.

Suggested Improvements

Put the Aurora back on the market GM!

Aurora 3.5
By Jerry Barrax Jr

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I just purchased a 2001 Aurora 3.5. It's a gorgeous full-size sedan that has the styling of a mid-size car. It's a fully loaded luxury-sport sedan in silver metallic. The previous owner had the windows tinted, so it looks even sportier. I get compliments on it constantly. It's very well equipped, comfortable for long trips, and very satisfying. Being a front-driver tuned for comfort, it's not a "canyon carver", but has good acceleration and decent handling.

Favorite Features

Heated leather seats with power lumbar adjustment and two-position memory, smooth quick-revving DOHC V-6 that gets 30 mpg on the highway, and power sunroof.

Suggested Improvements

A little too much torque steer, and somewhat nose heavy. Due to these attributes, I don't think I'd want to upgrade to the 4.0 V8 model.

Goodbye to the pre-pro
By NESZ

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I own an Aurora this has been the most fun I have had in an automobile, to have the luxury, driveability, quality, and body style all rolled into one vechile. The performance of the powertrain is top shelf.

Favorite Features

The front grill: how the headlights are offset from the fog lamps. The ip planel, the console alignment, the inside door panel buttons for the gas tank and the trunk opener.

Suggested Improvements

Find a way to continue making this wonderful automobile