2001 Oldsmobile Aurora - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aurora model:
The Worst Car I Have Ever Owned
By slipperysil on 08/16/06 20:24 PM (PDT)

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I had to have more than $10,000 worth of warranty work done on my Oldsmobile Aurora and know it seems like something goes wrong every week, like the window motor, air shock sencor, etc...

Back to the Future
By fast jimmy on 08/01/06 10:41 AM (PDT)

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Remember the movie " Back to the Future"? I sure wish GM did. If so, they would reproduce the best car that I have owned. I have had the good fortune of owning two Acuras, two BMWs, one Corvette and one Lexus. My Aurora has build quality, comfort, performance, safety features and design that meets or exceeds all my previous vehicles. So, GM, hop into a DeLorean and see what you can and should do.

Endless problems
By jerry on 06/09/06 18:01 PM (PDT)

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 4.0 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

Here it goes, front wheel bearings - $350 each, steering colum - $200, overdirive lock up - $1,300, power window module - $150, ignition coil pack - $400, cup holder won't stay closed, ash tray door won't stay closed, half of rear window defogger doesn't work, AC freon hose broke - $800, lights on steering wheel controls burned out - $52 each... This has been a truly problemmatic car. I gave up a sold, reliable Taurus to get this headache on wheels.

Loving My Aurora
By slrobb on 04/14/06 14:21 PM (PDT)

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 4.0 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

My husband and I bought this car used and we just love it! We have had it for almost two years now and with normal upkeep maintence, this car is still running wonderfully. We couldn't be happier with this car!

overall summary
By tom murdock on 03/20/06 07:41 AM (PST)

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The Oldsmobile Aurora is a solid car. It provides good performance. Even after long trips, I feel fairly fresh. It has a very good feel and ride to it. Entering interstates, this car can really move and run with the best. Its radio and stereo are excellent as are the heating and ac systems. If Oldsmobile was still making this car, I would purchase another. This vehile is my second Aurora.

aurora the flag ship car of OLDS?????
By Neveragain GM on 12/04/05 09:47 AM (PST)

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is a garbage car, was very excited when I first got it.This car was fun to drive for the first two weeks, then the problems... ready here you go: Sunroof leak - 2 weeks Car wont start - 3 months Wipers stop working - 6 months Steering pinion broke - 7 months Rear window falls into door (suring a nice snow fall) - 12 months Water pouring out of the locking mechanism of the trunk this not covered under warranty, GM says it is not a poor workmanship issue, but the give me a $1000 voucher towrds the purchase of a new GM vehicle. 12 months have more to say, not enough room Long and short... if you buy this garbage car, you better get a very long extended warranty

Best car I've ever owned
By TSprinkel on 08/07/05 18:05 PM (PDT)

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Why did Olds go away?! I've had many new cars, but this is definitely the best overall value. It's fun to drive, still looks good, and I'd keep it forever, but putting too many miles on it. It's a terrific vehicle.

Aurora 3.5
By Jerry Barrax Jr on 07/03/05 01:07 AM (PDT)

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I just purchased a 2001 Aurora 3.5. It's a gorgeous full-size sedan that has the styling of a mid-size car. It's a fully loaded luxury-sport sedan in silver metallic. The previous owner had the windows tinted, so it looks even sportier. I get compliments on it constantly. It's very well equipped, comfortable for long trips, and very satisfying. Being a front-driver tuned for comfort, it's not a "canyon carver", but has good acceleration and decent handling.

Goodbye to the pre-pro
By NESZ on 06/08/05 07:55 AM (PDT)

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I own an Aurora this has been the most fun I have had in an automobile, to have the luxury, driveability, quality, and body style all rolled into one vechile. The performance of the powertrain is top shelf.

Sharp looking, satisfying
By Darrell Tope on 06/06/05 22:12 PM (PDT)

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I enjoy the look, comfort , performance and reliability of my Aurora. Combined city-highway driving average is about 23 mpg at speed limits. Handles moderate bumps a little stiff (like all three of the Oldsmobiles I have owned). I was expecting a little sportier ride (handling in the curves), but overall I am very satisfied with my Aurora. I wished GM had not discontinued them.