Used 2001 Oldsmobile Aurora Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora - Consumer Reviews

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora

View reviews for a specific Aurora model:

Aurora at its Best !
By FerronJackson

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased the car in March of 2007, I'm the second owner of this Pearl White 2001 Aurora 3.5, it had exactly 50,000 on it when I bought the car. It has been a wonderful vehicle, no time spent in the shop at all, no problems, no nothing! I'm very pleased that all I've had to do is start it and go! I love the style of the car inside and out! Gm could not have done a better job with this one, everything about the car is a pleasure except for fuel economy I average 17 mpg in the city and 25 on the highway other than that I would recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for a quality luxury American car!

Favorite Features

THE STYLE! Features and Comfort

Suggested Improvements

Fuel Economy, a Little More Power

Disappointment
By judye

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Wish I hadn't purchased it. It's been a money pit, since I bought it 2 1/2 years ago. Got a great deal on it, or so I thought-even bought the less expensive extended warranty from GM. That's where the 'deal' ended.The car has been in and out of the shop.So far, I have spent over $3,000 on repairs. Towed 5 times-for no starts,window & wiper motors, theft system faults, constant oil leaks-change every 3,000 mi.& add a quart every month, pollution equipment, peeling chrome rims-to name a few. 90% of repairs aren't covered under the warranty."Should have bought the more expensive one." I did like this car-nice ride, comfortable, luxurious. Nothing but regrets-too expensive to maintain.

Favorite Features

Interior design-heated seats and mirrors. Luxury items.

Fun and reliable
By srcorvettez06

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The harder I beat on this car the more it asks for. I have a cool air intake and I painted the brakes and mufflers with rustoleum. I'm 17 and really beat on my car. It's faster than it looks. After port and polishing the intake, I was able to keep up with a Camaro RS with a 305ci. The 3.5 has a lot of potential. Removing the Cat and Res boosted 12 Horses at the front wheels. Intake was about another 5 with port and polish adding 8. My only recommendation to everyday drivers is getting a set of Goodyear Assurance Luxurys. I ride on Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3. They can take the Aurora around corners at about 3X the speed limit. Really expensive but they last forever.

Favorite Features

Looks (Even before paint and lowering) stock performance, value

Suggested Improvements

Ride could be smoother (I have stiffer springs and shocks now), wind noise can be intrusive at 80 or so.

GM wrong,should've added this to Buick
By mmtphoto

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 4.0 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned probably 36-40 cars, and this is without a doubt the nicest, smoothest, quietest and prettiest car I have ever owned. So far it has been pretty dependable, and the aluminum hood and trunk lid are pretty trick. I enjoy the heated seats, the great radio/cd player with the 12 disk changer in the trunk, the climate control, steering wheel controls, and beautiful interior and exterior. It has a sunroof, and intelligent wipers, and the aluminum 4 cam engine and trans are quiet and smooth. I do my own repairs-this car is a little complicated, but so far I have been able to solve the somewhat minor problems without any drama. Nicer than a Caddy, Jag, Acura, BMW in my opinion.

Favorite Features

Pretty much listed all above, but I like the seats, the pass-through to the trunk, and the memory seats that work with the remotes-just a great car.

Suggested Improvements

Doubts I have are of the steering/strut components, they can be noisy and transmit unusual feel in the steering wheel. One of the front strut springs actually broke with no warning-I replaced it,that is weird. I also did O2 sensors,expected at almost 90,000 miles. Gas not great in town, 16/17mpg

Last flag ship still held the name high.
By 85cieraholiday

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The Aurora was Oldsmobile's last flagship and it shows. The car is quiet, comfortable, and even in standard 3.5 trim has lots of standard features like leather,cd player, and air shocks. The V6 has lots of power and is very quiet. The transmission is very smooth, and the car always seems ready to pounce. This is a real luxury car that proudly carries the Oldsmobile flag for future generations. The style of the exterior is timeless, and the inside has lots of storage, as well as a feeling of quality. Do yourself a favor and find one with a sun roof, it changes the who feel of the interior. I reccomend this car to everyone.

Favorite Features

Power, comfort, Oldsmobile quality.

Suggested Improvements

I'll never get to own a new one.