2001 Oldsmobile Aurora - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aurora model:
Satisfied Owner - We need Oldsmobiles
By DE Smith on 08/25/09 10:50 AM (PDT)

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 4.0 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

This was my 3 rd Olds and the best ever of cars that I have owned. I laugh as I read the features of the top of the line (Lexus, Toyota, BMW, Mercedes, etc) about features my 2001 Olds has, rain sensor wipers, wrap around air bags (front and back safety features, steering wheel controls, the pass through to luggage caompartment, I have used many times, to caarry long itmes and fly rods!), Teh ride all passengers compliment and cannot believe it is and Oldsmobile. Few know it was one of the oldest auto manufactured in USA. It is a damn shame it was shut down as it was superbly designed, well built with only minor flaws that in subsequent years would have been made to make it perfect.

Smooth ride, great value
By MikeP on 12/13/08 19:59 PM (PST)

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this care used with about 18,000 miles. Currently at 108,000. Smooth ride, luxurious for the price, good acceleration, good stereo, hugs the road. No engine trouble besides it started burning about a quart of oil every 1000 miles once I hit 50k. No biggie from my perspective. Very nice car, no complaints whatsoever. Love the pearl white paint. Nice aluminum wheels. Great trunk space. Leather has held up well. Nice look from the front at night with a cool headlight design.

E Bay Purchase
By DTA on 10/29/08 10:22 AM (PDT)

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 4.0 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

I bid on and won this car on E Bay. I specifically wanted an Aurora after owning a 3.5 L back in 2001 which, by the time I sold it in 2005 had 92,000 trouble free miles on it. I wish I could say the same for the SUV I replaced it with. I have put 17,000 on my 4.0 L since February and it is still going strong. There have been minor issues but all have been simple to take care of without the need for a dealer or auto shop to be involved. I look daily at E Bay to find another good deal as when my wife's lease goes back guess what she will be driving. Great car, exceptional value for money. GM should have made this a Cadillac

Aurora is a winner
By Tom M on 08/14/08 12:14 PM (PDT)

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased the 2001 Aurora to replace my 185K mile Intrigue that I gave my college grad son. This Aurora has the exact same reliable, well performing power train. This car is VERY comfortable, quiet and loaded with features that are now showing up on 2008 models. Great gas mileage for a luxury car (28 on highway). Trouble free. One small air pump valve failed, simple replacement done myself with genuine GM parts from on-line supplier. My ex-Toyota co-worker was very impressed with how quiet and tight the car was after 65K miles. This car feels like brand new at 7 yrs old. Best car I have owned.

Aurora at its Best !
By FerronJackson on 07/16/08 04:53 AM (PDT)

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased the car in March of 2007, I'm the second owner of this Pearl White 2001 Aurora 3.5, it had exactly 50,000 on it when I bought the car. It has been a wonderful vehicle, no time spent in the shop at all, no problems, no nothing! I'm very pleased that all I've had to do is start it and go! I love the style of the car inside and out! Gm could not have done a better job with this one, everything about the car is a pleasure except for fuel economy I average 17 mpg in the city and 25 on the highway other than that I would recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for a quality luxury American car!

Disappointment
By judye on 06/24/08 11:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Wish I hadn't purchased it. It's been a money pit, since I bought it 2 1/2 years ago. Got a great deal on it, or so I thought-even bought the less expensive extended warranty from GM. That's where the 'deal' ended.The car has been in and out of the shop.So far, I have spent over $3,000 on repairs. Towed 5 times-for no starts,window & wiper motors, theft system faults, constant oil leaks-change every 3,000 mi.& add a quart every month, pollution equipment, peeling chrome rims-to name a few. 90% of repairs aren't covered under the warranty."Should have bought the more expensive one." I did like this car-nice ride, comfortable, luxurious. Nothing but regrets-too expensive to maintain.

Fun and reliable
By srcorvettez06 on 04/06/08 22:56 PM (PDT)

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The harder I beat on this car the more it asks for. I have a cool air intake and I painted the brakes and mufflers with rustoleum. I'm 17 and really beat on my car. It's faster than it looks. After port and polishing the intake, I was able to keep up with a Camaro RS with a 305ci. The 3.5 has a lot of potential. Removing the Cat and Res boosted 12 Horses at the front wheels. Intake was about another 5 with port and polish adding 8. My only recommendation to everyday drivers is getting a set of Goodyear Assurance Luxurys. I ride on Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3. They can take the Aurora around corners at about 3X the speed limit. Really expensive but they last forever.

GM wrong,should've added this to Buick
By mmtphoto on 03/18/08 16:25 PM (PDT)

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 4.0 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned probably 36-40 cars, and this is without a doubt the nicest, smoothest, quietest and prettiest car I have ever owned. So far it has been pretty dependable, and the aluminum hood and trunk lid are pretty trick. I enjoy the heated seats, the great radio/cd player with the 12 disk changer in the trunk, the climate control, steering wheel controls, and beautiful interior and exterior. It has a sunroof, and intelligent wipers, and the aluminum 4 cam engine and trans are quiet and smooth. I do my own repairs-this car is a little complicated, but so far I have been able to solve the somewhat minor problems without any drama. Nicer than a Caddy, Jag, Acura, BMW in my opinion.

Last flag ship still held the name high.
By 85cieraholiday on 01/05/08 16:48 PM (PST)

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The Aurora was Oldsmobile's last flagship and it shows. The car is quiet, comfortable, and even in standard 3.5 trim has lots of standard features like leather,cd player, and air shocks. The V6 has lots of power and is very quiet. The transmission is very smooth, and the car always seems ready to pounce. This is a real luxury car that proudly carries the Oldsmobile flag for future generations. The style of the exterior is timeless, and the inside has lots of storage, as well as a feeling of quality. Do yourself a favor and find one with a sun roof, it changes the who feel of the interior. I reccomend this car to everyone.

My Olds
By johnbauer on 01/03/08 12:34 PM (PST)

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 4.0 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

Overall rating is "Very Good". The only problem was the Computer Control Center, and this was handled under the warrentee at 45,000 miles. City mileage is OK at 18.5 mpg and 24 on the highway. The car is very comfortable and handles well.