Used 2001 Oldsmobile Aurora Consumer Reviews - 91 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aurora model:

Eh...It's just OK
By terry1988

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 4.0 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

My Oldsmobile has been alright for the year that I had it. I've since then traded it for a Honda Accord. Engine and transmission were solid but there have been a few problems over the course of a year. Water pump, ($350) Power steering pump, ($200) Front-end wheel bearings, Tie rods, Front-end alignment, (650), A/C Compressor, (900). My car had an leaking oil issue to the point of going through 4 quarts in between oil changes. Interior quality wasn't very good - headliner falling down - door panel plastic crumbling. Great car but it's expensive to maintain.

Moon roof before it stopped working properly Sound system Northstar 4.0 V8 is strong but has too many oil issues Compass Low fuel reminder Heated seats

Build quality, build quality BUILD QUALITY!!! General Motors please take notes from the Japanese and German automakers, they have you beat by a country mile!!!

Olds
By ameschen

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 4.0 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my aurora in 2007 used with 138k miles on it, I'm around 202k now. I could not be happier with my first car. I've had little issues like changing a handful of sensors, and a fuel pump but spending a few hundred every once in a while is better than a car payment. It is pretty good on gas for being a V8 too, I live in the city and my average is 23 mpg. On the express way I get around 35 believe it or not! My Olds still has plenty of life left in it. I plan on keeping it until I run it into the ground and who knows I might look for another after.

Good car but has had some issues
By baitshop

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car at 30,000 miles and have put 100,000 more on myself.
There were some issues with the steering about two years after I bought it, Olds. recalled the Alero for steering issues but not the Aurora however they have the same steering set up.
The steering wheel mounted controls do not light up as they should.
In the last two months I have started leaking oil and now I am looking to get rid of it all together.

On the plus side, it has really good pick up, lots of extras, lots of power and it does well in all weather.
Very safe too.

It has been a good car for 140,000 miles but it is going to take some serious cash in the next year to keep it running.

Steering wheel controls, power everything.

Was good in the beginning
By Robin

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 4.0 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

I bought the Aurora with 40,000 miles on it. It was great nice smooth ride handled well and loved the set up inside. About 3 years ago I started having problems with the wheel barons and have replaced the front driver and passenger side about three times each. All the Windows don't work the motors inside all broke the sun roof leaks. The transmission leaks, the oil leaks I have to put almost 5 qt in between each oil change and I had to replace the alternator twice in one year along with many other things. I just put a brand new alternator in a month ago and had to buy a battery yesterday and my battery light is on and says check charging system and I don't know why. I regret buying this car

the a/c works awesomely

i know a lot of people who had problems with the windows. i really did love this car i wish i didn't give me so many problems

Nice
By RayRay

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned 28 cars and this car has the best all round qualities. the people having issues with these cars obviously neglected their machine. mine has 176k miles and looks better than cars 1/10th its age. normal maintenance is expected with any car. 01-03 AURORA = 06-09 LUCERNE!

Interior in general but nice to replace bulbs with LEDS

More power.