Used 2001 Oldsmobile Aurora Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aurora model:

I miss having this car!
By karluvr

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

One of the sharpest cars I've ever owned. Loved the ride & handling and all the creature comforts. For the size of the car, I got pretty good gas mileage (3.5 V-6). Had tons of "extras". Loved the heated seats in winter and the Bose system with the 12-disc changer in the trunk. Quiet, smooth ride. I should have held on to this one! Black exterior with two-tone saddle leather interior.

Without a doubt, the Bose 12-Disc changer (which made a total of 13 CD's, including the dash mounted insert.) MP3's may have made this feature out-of-date but, I don't own an MP3 and have no desire for one. I have at least 100 CD's that I still use. Also, the pre-set electric seat adjustment was another favorite.

This goes for all GM products: Stop using plastic gears for the electric window drive. Spend a few bucks for heavy duty, longer lasting metal gears/sprockets. We will gladly pay for it!!!

Awful Car - couldn't sell it fast enough
By az66bug

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora Sedan 4.0 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

Last GM car I will ever buy, was a loyal GM fan until this piece of crap. These cars were around $40K new and 7 years old and could barely get $4500 with 96,000 miles on it - although I'd probably would have gave it away as much as I hated it. The 4.0 v8 always leaked oil - the oil pan gasket at $1500 a pop to replace; replaced water pump twice, struts were going, power steering leaked, sunroof broke and countless other problems. The only good thing I'd say is that it was comfortable and some what stylish design. Unless you get this car for free, I'd stay far way from this car, it will suck every penny out of you. To those with a great experience with this car - congrats and lucky you.

Comfortable and stylish, chrome wheels, V8 power (but not the caddy northstar that everyone compares it to; it's the baby version). Decent sound system, sunroof was great when it worked

Fine example of why GM ditched the Oldsmobile brand, can't suggest anything since they are no longer in existence and rightfully so.... Sorry just sayin'

Eh...It's just OK
By terry1988

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora Sedan 4.0 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

My Oldsmobile has been alright for the year that I had it. I've since then traded it for a Honda Accord. Engine and transmission were solid but there have been a few problems over the course of a year. Water pump, ($350) Power steering pump, ($200) Front-end wheel bearings, Tie rods, Front-end alignment, (650), A/C Compressor, (900). My car had an leaking oil issue to the point of going through 4 quarts in between oil changes. Interior quality wasn't very good - headliner falling down - door panel plastic crumbling. Great car but it's expensive to maintain.

Moon roof before it stopped working properly Sound system Northstar 4.0 V8 is strong but has too many oil issues Compass Low fuel reminder Heated seats

Build quality, build quality BUILD QUALITY!!! General Motors please take notes from the Japanese and German automakers, they have you beat by a country mile!!!

Olds
By ameschen

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora Sedan 4.0 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my aurora in 2007 used with 138k miles on it, I'm around 202k now. I could not be happier with my first car. I've had little issues like changing a handful of sensors, and a fuel pump but spending a few hundred every once in a while is better than a car payment. It is pretty good on gas for being a V8 too, I live in the city and my average is 23 mpg. On the express way I get around 35 believe it or not! My Olds still has plenty of life left in it. I plan on keeping it until I run it into the ground and who knows I might look for another after.

Good car but has had some issues
By baitshop

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora Sedan 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car at 30,000 miles and have put 100,000 more on myself. There were some issues with the steering about two years after I bought it, Olds. recalled the Alero for steering issues but not the Aurora however they have the same steering set up. The steering wheel mounted controls do not light up as they should. In the last two months I have started leaking oil and now I am looking to get rid of it all together. On the plus side, it has really good pick up, lots of extras, lots of power and it does well in all weather. Very safe too. It has been a good car for 140,000 miles but it is going to take some serious cash in the next year to keep it running.

Steering wheel controls, power everything.