1999 Oldsmobile Aurora Consumer Review: Best All Around Driver

1999 Oldsmobile Aurora - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (4.0L V8 4-speed Automatic)

Best All Around Driver
By chilshock on

1999 Oldsmobile Aurora 4dr Sedan

I bought this car brand new in 1999 and now have 191,000 miles on it. I drive it actually pretty hard and it has never let me down. It has awesome acceleration and reliablity too. The only things I've had to have replace were the water pump at 120,000 miles and the radiator at 180,000. The front breaks were changed about every 70,000 miles (I'm on my third set in the front and the original rear breaks lasted until about 110,000 - I'm on my second set now. The spark plug wires were changed at 150,000 miles at the suggestion of the dealership. I'm actually still on the same battery (I thought at first it was a dumb idea to put it under the back seat I'm starting to re-think that, it has helped it last). It started at -17 F after sitting two days in sub-zero this week.

The trip computer (love the ETA, average speed, oil pressure etc). The heated seats and comfort are excellent on long hauls. I also like the auto-dim rear view mirror and compass. I really miss that feature when driving rentals.

If they were to design and build it again I would move the cup holder farther forward, increase the wheel and tire size, moved the back seat farther aft and raise the rear roof line. The new one should also have more curves too. Too bad Olds is gone, I would have loved the new car.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review