Used 1999 Oldsmobile Aurora Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Oldsmobile Aurora - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.0L V8 4-speed Automatic - (29 reviews )

Best I've ever owned.
By ronp121

1999 Oldsmobile Aurora 4dr Sedan

Bought it when it was 2 years old with 47000 miles had to change Air compressor twice and replace radiator. Other than that just normal maintenance have a 157000 on it now and still starts and runs great. What really fascinating is that I've never seen a exhaust system last over eleven years and still quiet.

Best American Sedan Ever Built
By Orlin

1999 Oldsmobile Aurora 4dr Sedan

The Aurora was years ahead of the car market in every aspect in 1994 when it introduced the first Aurora and is truly a great car in every way. This was my 3rd Aurora, a 1999, I previously had a 1995 and I also still have a 1997 Aurora (with 194,000 miles). This is the best American sedan built. I've looked for several years for an American made car to replace the 1999 and there are none that can top it. Living in America and also living in Michigan, I will not drive a foreign car.

The Aurora has every option you could desire (remember this car was designed in the late 1980's - early 1990's) and still tops many of the cars being being marketed today (2010). It has an amazing V8 engine which is very economical and the trip computer is better than the new cars have today

GM should have continued to build the Aurora like the original, the smaller, cheaper model built in 2001 and for a few years before Oldsmobile dropped the Aurora was no comparison to the 1995 to 1999 Aurora

Be careful...
By GMCK25004x4

1999 Oldsmobile Aurora 4dr Sedan

Aurora's are nice..but be very careful when buying one. Northstar engine is notorious for having leaky head gaskets at the back of the engine. they have a GREAT deal of power..but if you ask me, the heads were not designed to take the power. Interior was great. Options were wonderful. Has 174000 miles on it and all the bearings needed replaced at the same time! thermostat is $51!~ Tires are hard to find and expensive! Parts are very expensive..and they hold no resale value cause Oldsmobile is closed and the Northstar has a bad rep. I drove five of these before I found mine.

Interior had lots of gadgets! Like a cockpit of the space shuttle! It was so fun to drive!

Replace front struts with shocks. Put diff engine in it.

Beautiful Car
By Happy Customer

1999 Oldsmobile Aurora 4dr Sedan

I just bought my dream car. 1999 Olds Aurora with 94,000 miles for $6500. I have been looking for months. It's white pearl with tan. It is so quiet, I cannot even hear the engine, unless you roll down the windows and kick it .....then hear it roar. It's a pity customers buy foreign cars when such quality cars are made in America. Buy American.

Seating is outstanding

Car is perfect

1999 Olds Aurora
By John

1999 Oldsmobile Aurora 4dr Sedan

I bought this car when it was 4 years old with 9,000 miles. I have since driven it up to 75,000 with only one major problem ($900), and I'm pretty sure it would have been a cheaper fix had I not been in a strange town. Overall the car has been superb. I have friends who have the newer style, but honestly they just don't compare. If I can ever find another deal (low mileage, old body style) again, I'll do it! The powerful V8, smooth handling, and sleek look make it a very enjoyable ride. As typical with American cars resale is horrible, which is why I would never buy one new (I paid $12,500...sticker was $37,000). I don't receommend many American cars, but this one is a winner!

250hp V8, heated seats work excellent, excellent HVAC system, great stereo, excellent gas mileage for a vehicle of its size.

Get away from premium fuel requirement. Tends turn burn a little bit of oil (dealership says this is normal for this motor). I would've preferred RWD, but FWD was great in snow.