1999 Oldsmobile Aurora - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.0L V8 4-speed Automatic - (0 review )
Best I've ever owned.
By ronp121 on 10/25/11 15:18 PM (PDT)

1999 Oldsmobile Aurora 4dr Sedan

Bought it when it was 2 years old with 47000 miles had to change Air compressor twice and replace radiator. Other than that just normal maintenance have a 157000 on it now and still starts and runs great. What really fascinating is that I've never seen a exhaust system last over eleven years and still quiet.

Best American Sedan Ever Built
By Orlin on 05/20/10 16:12 PM (PDT)

1999 Oldsmobile Aurora 4dr Sedan

The Aurora was years ahead of the car market in every aspect in 1994 when it introduced the first Aurora and is truly a great car in every way. This was my 3rd Aurora, a 1999, I previously had a 1995 and I also still have a 1997 Aurora (with 194,000 miles). This is the best American sedan built. I've looked for several years for an American made car to replace the 1999 and there are none that can top it. Living in America and also living in Michigan, I will not drive a foreign car.

Be careful...
By GMCK25004x4 on 01/08/10 16:22 PM (PST)

1999 Oldsmobile Aurora 4dr Sedan

Aurora's are nice..but be very careful when buying one. Northstar engine is notorious for having leaky head gaskets at the back of the engine. they have a GREAT deal of power..but if you ask me, the heads were not designed to take the power. Interior was great. Options were wonderful. Has 174000 miles on it and all the bearings needed replaced at the same time! thermostat is $51!~ Tires are hard to find and expensive! Parts are very expensive..and they hold no resale value cause Oldsmobile is closed and the Northstar has a bad rep. I drove five of these before I found mine.

Beautiful Car
By Happy Customer on 04/06/08 19:49 PM (PDT)

1999 Oldsmobile Aurora 4dr Sedan

I just bought my dream car. 1999 Olds Aurora with 94,000 miles for $6500. I have been looking for months. It's white pearl with tan. It is so quiet, I cannot even hear the engine, unless you roll down the windows and kick it .....then hear it roar. It's a pity customers buy foreign cars when such quality cars are made in America. Buy American.

1999 Olds Aurora
By John on 04/08/07 17:36 PM (PDT)

1999 Oldsmobile Aurora 4dr Sedan

I bought this car when it was 4 years old with 9,000 miles. I have since driven it up to 75,000 with only one major problem ($900), and I'm pretty sure it would have been a cheaper fix had I not been in a strange town. Overall the car has been superb. I have friends who have the newer style, but honestly they just don't compare. If I can ever find another deal (low mileage, old body style) again, I'll do it! The powerful V8, smooth handling, and sleek look make it a very enjoyable ride. As typical with American cars resale is horrible, which is why I would never buy one new (I paid $12,500...sticker was $37,000). I don't receommend many American cars, but this one is a winner!

Best All Around Driver
By chilshock on 02/07/07 12:59 PM (PST)

1999 Oldsmobile Aurora 4dr Sedan

I bought this car brand new in 1999 and now have 191,000 miles on it. I drive it actually pretty hard and it has never let me down. It has awesome acceleration and reliablity too. The only things I've had to have replace were the water pump at 120,000 miles and the radiator at 180,000. The front breaks were changed about every 70,000 miles (I'm on my third set in the front and the original rear breaks lasted until about 110,000 - I'm on my second set now. The spark plug wires were changed at 150,000 miles at the suggestion of the dealership. I'm actually still on the same battery (I thought at first it was a dumb idea to put it under the back seat I'm starting to re-think that, it has helped it last). It started at -17 F after sitting two days in sub-zero this week.

Love the Aurora
By flyers on 11/21/05 20:13 PM (PST)

1999 Oldsmobile Aurora 4dr Sedan

This is my second Oldsmobile Aurora, I had a February 1994-build Aurora and at 120,000 miles thought that it was best to look for improvements in automobile features. The only car that met my qualifications was the 1999 Aurora. I did not like the 2001 and the new Aurora styling and handling.

1999 Olds Aurora -- RSG
By Richard on 10/08/05 11:23 AM (PDT)

1999 Oldsmobile Aurora 4dr Sedan

My 1999 Oldsmobile Aurora is a beautiful, comfortable, luxury / performance car that does everything well. I keer her looking sharp and after 107,000 miles, she still turns heads.

Aurora - Best Kept Secret
By neese39 on 11/12/04 21:21 PM (PST)

1999 Oldsmobile Aurora 4dr Sedan

This car's unique styling was what grabbed my interest initially - looks sharp, performance is amazing. Smoothest transmission I've ever experienced, power to spare. Interior is well planned and comfortable but not a good car for the extra-tall due to sunroof. Excellent fit and finish, even though it's now 6 years old. On a trip to Canada we got our all-time high of 27 MPG, fantastic for a heavy V-8 loaded with 4 people and luggage, averages 20 around town. Modifications: K&N air filter, drilled/slotted rotors. Best car I've ever owned. Bought used from dealer, saved $20,000 from original MSRP.

I like it, I love it,
By n9qej on 06/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Oldsmobile Aurora 4dr Sedan

This Olsmobile Aurora is the most comfortable sedan ever had. We rate it better than Buick, Chryler, Mercury,Cadillac and Lincoln! Large trunk, and great smooth touring vehicle as well as fine in metropolitans areas also. All items are easy to access and so convenient to operate with controls on dash as well as on steering wheel. The cozy contour of the dash is marvelous. Appreciate the 100000 mile rust warranty on the vehicle and would that all car manufacturers have as much reliability on their vehicles. It is nice to have oil filter, air filter, fluid(s)check areas convenient also.